Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/30/2012 11:20:51 AM EDT
Did you know that the original Blank Panthers embodied the reason for the second amendment?  They used guns to make sure that citizens constitutional rights were respected.  They used to follow cops waiting for traffic stops. Then they would be armed and yell legal advice to the person pulled over.  The "scary black men" were also the reason for California's excessive gun laws.  They did fight the good fight though.
Discuss.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:21:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Did you know that the original Blank Panthers embodied the reason for the second amendment?  They used guns to make sure that citizens constitutional rights were respected.  They used to follow cops waiting for traffic stops. Then they would be armed and yell legal advice to the person pulled over.  The "scary black men" were also the reason for California's excessive gun laws.  They did fight the good fight though.
Discuss.

History fail.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:22:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:22:43 AM EDT
[#3]
In for potential shit storm
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#4]
post count/join date?
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:23:50 AM EDT
[#5]
That is the most retarded thing I have read here in the past hour.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:24:00 AM EDT
[#6]
From the beginning the Black Panther Party's focus on militancy came with a reputation for violence. They employed a California law which permitted carrying a loaded rifle or shotgun as long as it was publicly displayed and pointed at no one.[54] Carrying weapons openly and making threats against police officers, for example, chants like "The Revolution has co-ome, it's time to pick up the gu-un. Off the pigs!",[55] helped create the Panthers' reputation as a violent organization.

On May 2, 1967, the California State Assembly Committee on Criminal Procedure was scheduled to convene to discuss what was known as the "Mulford Act", which would ban public displays of loaded firearms. Cleaver and Newton put together a plan to send a group of about 30 Panthers led by Seale from Oakland to Sacramento to protest the bill. The group entered the assembly carrying their weapons, an incident which was widely publicized, and which prompted police to arrest Seale and five others. The group pled guilty to misdemeanor charges of disrupting a legislative session.[56]

On October 17, 1967, Oakland police officer John Frey was shot to death in an altercation with Huey P. Newton during a traffic stop. In the stop, Newton and backup officer Herbert Heanes also suffered gunshot wounds. Newton was convicted of voluntary manslaughter at trial. This incident gained the party even wider recognition by the radical American left, and a "Free Huey" campaign ensued.[57] Newton was released after three years, when his conviction was reversed on appeal. During later years Newton would boast to sociobiologist Robert Trivers (one of the few whites who became a Party member during its waning years) that he had in fact murdered officer John Frey.[23]

On April 7, 1968, Panther Bobby Hutton was killed, and Cleaver was wounded in a shootout with the Oakland police. Two police officers were also shot. Although at the time Cleaver claimed that the police had ambushed them, Cleaver later admitted that he had led the Panther group on a deliberate ambush of the police officers, thus provoking the shoot-out.[26][27]

From the fall of 1967 through the end of 1970, nine police officers were killed and 56 were wounded, and ten Panther deaths and an unknown number of injuries resulted from confrontations. In 1969 alone, 348 Panthers were arrested for a variety of crimes.[58] On February 18, 1970 Albert Wayne Williams was shot by the Portland Police Bureau outside the Black Panther party headquarters in Portland, Oregon. Though his wounds put him in a critical condition, he made a full recovery.[59]

In May 1969, Black Panther Party members tortured and murdered Alex Rackley, a 19-year-old member of the New York chapter, because they suspected him of being a police informant. Three party officers — Warren Kimbro, George Sams, Jr., and Lonnie McLucas — later admitted taking part. Sams, who gave the order to shoot Rackley at the murder scene, turned state's evidence and testified that he had received orders personally from Bobby Seale to carry out the execution. After this betrayal, party supporters alleged that Sams was himself the informant and an agent provocateur employed by the FBI.[60] The case resulted in the New Haven, Connecticut Black Panther trials of 1970, memorialized in the courtroom sketches of Robert Templeton. The trial ended with a hung jury, and the prosecution chose not to seek another trial.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:24:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:24:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I saw the title said black panters, I thought it was dag thread about black labs....
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#9]
poop thread

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:24:53 AM EDT
[#10]
They were supper hero's.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:25:01 AM EDT
[#11]
A few years back they were doing armed patrols in some of Dallas's bad neighborhoods trying to clean them up and make them safer for the people who lived there. I have no problem with that.

I agree that's part of what the 2A is for.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:26:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:26:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
post count/join date?

Damn- I didn't notice that.

In before the OP is .... familiar.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:26:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That is the most retarded thing I have read here in the past hour.

The OP may not realized this, but your statement says a lot.

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:28:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Discuss.

History fail.

ahem post count..........Black Panther Party membership reached a peak of 10,000 by early 1969, then suffered a series of contractions due to legal troubles, incarcerations, internal splits, expulsions and defections. Popular support for the Party declined further after reports appeared detailing the group's involvement in activities such as drug dealing and extortion schemes directed against Oakland merchants[16] By 1972 most Panther activity centered around the national headquarters and a school in Oakland, where the party continued to influence local politics. Party contractions continued throughout the 1970s; by 1980 the Black Panther Party comprised just 27 members.Per wiki
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:28:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the human spell check.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:28:56 AM EDT
[#17]
The original "Black Panthers":

http://www.761st.com/

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:31:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Peace, love and Unicorns ?
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:31:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
post count/join date?

Joined THIS month & has post count of "2."

Hasn't responded.

Hit & run TROLL ATTACK, clearly.

correction:  troll still around.  Mods: any thoughts here?
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:32:07 AM EDT
[#20]
The Black Panthers showed up with guns on the steps of the Capitol in Sacramento.  Within a few days, California lawmakers made it illegal to walk around in public with long arms.
The original Black Panthers I can live with. Generally they wanted equality and an even break.  No problem and I agree with that.   The New Black Panthers are antagonistic racists.   Now, the very first group who called themselves the Black Panthers, the 761st Tank Battalion troopers, I'd like to meet those cats and hear their story.  There's a book about them, but I gave it to a black coworker.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:34:53 AM EDT
[#22]
OP:

You may just want to go ahead and make a different troll account right now; you pretty much burned this one up on the second post.

Speed

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:35:50 AM EDT
[#23]
IBYSF
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:36:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:38:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
OP:
You may just want to go ahead and make a different troll account right now; you pretty much burned this one up on the second post.

Speed

Eh,  It is something to consider.  I know The Black Panther Party For Self-Defense in not popular around here but it is ok to hear things you don't agree with.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:38:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Such a sad troll.

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#27]
the fuck?

Join date/post count says all.  FAMILIARITY.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:40:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Discuss.

They used to find out the addresses of cops, show up at their homes, and try to intimidate them through "suggestions" that they move for their family's safety.

Yea, what a bunch of upstanding, admirable folks.

Fuck the Black Panthers, new or old.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:41:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Discuss.

History fail.

Just a history fail,I would have been much more harsh,lol

J-

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:42:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Such a sad troll.
Quoted:

poor attempt at seeming like he belonged here.

Thant is pretty funny.  Maybe I don't belong.  I do like guns.  I didn't know I had to believe in all of a specific ideology to post on a GUN forum.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#31]

SprocketWidget

Member Mar 2012

So what was your screenname before you got locked the last time around?
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:42:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Discuss.

They used to find out the addresses of cops, show up at their homes, and try to intimidate them through "suggestions" that they move for their family's safety.

Yea, what a bunch of upstanding, admirable folks.

Fuck the Black Panthers, new or old.

the new ones have improved on the old methods, nowadays they have the internet to make their threats and to intimidate.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Such a sad troll.
Quoted:

Thant is pretty funny.  Maybe I don't belong.  I do like guns.  I didn't know I had to believe in all of a specific ideology to post on a GUN forum.

The "ideology" of telling the truth and not being a historical revisionist?

Id10t
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:44:04 AM EDT
[#34]
If zero was 30 years older, and he had a son, he would have been a black panther.
If zero was 10 years older he would have been a black panther himself.

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:46:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
If zero was 30 years older, and he had a son, he would have been a black panther.

Naw, he hasn't the balls.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:46:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Such a sad troll.
Quoted:

You can believe whatever you want here.  Your first post was gun related and then straight to this leads me to conclude you are a troll...and i'm done feeding you today.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:47:36 AM EDT
[#38]
They have breathing issues

Quoted:
I have a hard time taking anyone seriously who hasn't learned how to formulate paragraphs or even how to spell "Panthers."  What's a panter?  

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:47:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats not what Rahm said

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:48:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats not what Rahm said

Yeah old fish eyes would probably know.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Such a sad troll.
Quoted:

Id10t

Go Phatmax!  

Everyone notice the use of the generalized term "gun forum" and the thinly-vailed insult that members of this forum all follow a specific ideology?  OP: don't you just lable people "narrow minded" over at DU?  

Again: Mods - anyhting to do here?
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:53:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Such a sad troll.
Quoted:

All but 3 of us are far right nut jobs clinging to our guns and religion.

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:54:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Discuss.

You kinda failed to mention the slew of cops and security guards they killed.

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:54:13 AM EDT
[#45]
If he/she lasts that long, things could get interesting once the "night crew" and the "Friday night - watcha drinking?" crowd gets here!
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:54:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Well, that's bullshit...but, cool.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:55:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:55:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Such a sad troll.
Quoted:

Id10t

Go Phatmax!  

Everyone notice the use of the generalized term "gun forum" and the thinly-vailed insult that members of this forum all follow a specific ideology?  OP: don't you just lable people "narrow minded" over at DU?  

Again: Mods - anyhting to do here?

I didn't mean it as an insult to everyone, I was responding to the specific post cited.  In addition it wasn't an insult.  It was comment on on how certain ideologies go hand in hand but are not necessarily related.

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:57:11 AM EDT
[#49]

As were the Tuskegee Airmen: true American heroes.  

Our historical revisionist TROLL friend, is not interested though.  There is clearly another agenda driving the "Panter" fan-boy troll posts.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:57:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Such a sad troll.
Quoted:

True but you can't just make shit up
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top