Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2009 6:42:02 PM EDT
With what I see our country turning into today, which no longer bears any resemblance to the great nation envisioned by our founders, I have sadly decided that I do not wish to fly the American flag on my house anymore (something I used to do all summer long).

I have decided that from now on I am only going to fly this flag instead.

And I intend to fly it until I die.

God Bless all of you serving in uniform.

-omega62.

Link Posted: 7/15/2009 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#1]
+1 agreed
Link Posted: 7/15/2009 7:28:02 PM EDT
[#2]
+1
Link Posted: 7/15/2009 10:30:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
+1

This
Link Posted: 7/15/2009 10:38:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for serving
Link Posted: 7/15/2009 10:41:01 PM EDT
[#5]
good work but the stars and stripes still deserves to be flown IMO.

things will get better.  they may get worse first, but they will get better.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 2:24:44 AM EDT
[#6]
One of the things most people don't realize! It's VERY important no one forgets!

+1
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 11:48:18 AM EDT
[#7]
+1

Link Posted: 7/17/2009 4:45:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Fly them both...dont give up just yet.
Link Posted: 7/18/2009 11:10:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, things definitely feel upside-down right now, but remember, the guys that inspired the creation of the flag you fly fought for the flag you stopped flying.  I still stand by Old Glory, not because it represents what we're becoming, but because it represents the ideals upon which our nation was founded, and because lots of good men gave their lives for those founding principles.

Just MHO, though, and I completely understand where you're coming from, OP.  Don't give up yet!
Link Posted: 7/19/2009 8:01:46 AM EDT
[#10]
For the record, I fly and American flag and a Gadsden.  Soon I will add a POW/MIA and probably a USAF flag.
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 9:06:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I took my American flag down too. It normally flew 24/7  365. But since I really wanted to fly it upside down, only didn't want to explain why to my 7 yr old Son, I just took it down.

We are no longer in the USA I fought to preserve.....
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 12:10:34 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll still fly it, if for no other reason than for the men and women that are willing to go into harms way with me.  And for those who didn't make it home...

Everyone else can GF'd
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:16:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Never give up.  If you do, they win by default.  They do not represent our flag, we do.  Keep it flying (it pisses them off anyway).

They and Them need no introduction, you know of whom I speak.
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 4:33:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Old Glory, FTW.

No other flag quite measures up. The political environment blows, but I have been through shit before, and I refuse to stop flying the flag of my country.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 9:42:41 PM EDT
[#15]
can i ask why people think to take down this nations colors ?  what reasons does fox, cnn, or other tv stations put out that make Americans think that there is any other reason other than to feel pride for this country?  Sure there is always stuff that we dont agree on and that makes us mad and frustrated. But that is why we are a free nation.  Free to say what we want and to vote for what we think is right.  Many people have died for the 3 colors of red white and blue.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 9:46:43 PM EDT
[#16]
For the record i will add that i still have a flag on my front porch and in my living room with a POW/MIA flag.  Why would anyone give up on this nation.  Dont like something, try your best to make a difference.  That starts with getting away form the computer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top