Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2005 11:49:15 AM EDT
I just realized I don't watch the News on TV anymore.  I get all the info I need off of here and other sites around the internet.  If I've got AM radio on, it's on ESPN radio.  I just can't stand hearing the bull shit from both sides.  I just don't care anymore.  That, and if it's important enough I'll read about it on my fucking deployment orders.  Just thought I'd let you guys know...

Fuck the NEWS,
~Dg84
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I turned off my cable ~10 yrs ago. I get one station on a set of Rabbit Ears. CBS affiliate, however I only watch the local news on weekends. Once in a while if I remember I'll try to catch CSI. My radio is usually on the local country station as it's the only one that plays the news, at noon.

I get most of my news from the local papers. And ALL my "breaking" news from arfkom.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I doubt I'd have cable if my wife didn't insist we did.  When we moved we were without cable or satellite for a few weeks and internet was up in a few days.  I was content with local channels and broadband and she was going nuts without cable TV.  I'm convinced the more channels you have the less that on.  funny how that works out.

~Dg84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top