Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/12/2017 2:32:56 PM EDT
A great read from the DiploMad 2.0 here.  Too bad the TL:DR ADD crowd won't read it.

The New Mexican War
Much has been written, including in this blog, of the threat to America posed by radical Islamic terrorism. Not so much has been written about another threat, perhaps an even greater one. I refer to the threat posed by Mexico to the United States; it is multi-faceted and persistent, and forms a long established core component of Mexico's foreign policy.

Before I get into the subject let me engage in the usual disclaimer required in our snowflake culture. I have been in Mexico many times both on vacation and for work as a US diplomat. I know Mexico well, am fascinated by its history, and consider Mexico City one of the great cities in the world. If you want outstanding restaurants and, above all, world class museums and other cultural institutions, go to Mexico City.

That said, I also have long considered Mexico a major threat to America. I have dealt with Mexican diplomats at the UN, the OAS, and in Central and South America. They are first rate. They are patriotic, well-trained, dedicated, and hard working. They, almost to a man and a woman, are also possessed with a deep, deep animus towards the United States. At the UN and the OAS, for example, Mexico, in my experience, played the role of opponent to whatever we sought to do. They not only consistently voted against us, they collaborated with our opponents on resolutions and projects antithetical to our interests, and, for example, refused to oppose Cuban and Venezuelan human rights violations. They rarely passed on an opportunity to stick it in our eye.

Mexico had a major role in fostering guerrilla groups in Central America during the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s, backing off only when it became a hindrance to the NAFTA deal with the United States, and when some of the groups began operating in Mexico. Mexico is feared and resented throughout Central America as a bully and for its mistreatment of Central American migrants. The horror stories these migrants tell of their passage through Mexico are hair-raising and heartbreaking.

I wrote during the recent hysteria over Russian hacking and interference in our  2016 elections that,
Is there foreign interference in our elections? You bet. The biggest offender? Not Russia, but Mexico. Mexican officials publicly called on Mexicans in the US to oppose Trump; Mexico's over fifty--yes, fifty--consulates in the US (here) are hot beds of political activity and activism. Millions of illegal and legal aliens largely from Mexico and Central America vote, yes vote. We need to have an in-depth investigation into Mexico's interference in our elections, an interference that goes well beyond revealing embarrassing DNC texts. There. That's an investigation the GOP should endorse, and the new SecState should take up the issue of Mexican interference in our elections.That interference in our politics has not ceased since the elections. It, in fact, has increased. Some years ago, I mentioned to a senior colleague in the Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs at State, my concern over the openly political activity engaged in by Mexico's consulates and diplomatic personnel in the U.S. She acknowledged it was a problem but not one anybody wanted to take up.  Well, it is now at a stage when it must be taken up. If the Trump administration is serious about protecting our borders and sovereignty the time has come for tough action on Mexico.

We see this story in the Wall Street Journal (and here) in which Mexican officials, including their diplomats in the US, are seeking to "jam" US courts with contested deportations. The Mexican government has set aside millions of dollars to help illegal Mexican migrants in the US fight efforts to deport them. In addition, Mexico, apparently, is contemplating the grotesque tactic of demanding that we PROVE that deportees are Mexican citizens before Mexico will accept them. In other words, we have to provide the documentation that Mexico failed to provide its own citizens. Mexican officials are holding meetings in Arizona with US politicians warning them about the harm to US-Mexico relations if illegal aliens are deported or prevented from coming to the US. Mexican officials are openly encouraging activists to block deportations. I find this nothing short of outrageous, but, nevertheless, a clear manifestation of the hostility that has long existed in Mexican officialdom for the USA.

We must not only defend our border but, in my view, it is well past the time for the US to begin shutting down most of these Mexican consulates. There is no justification for Mexico to have over fifty consulates in the US. Had I the power, we would give Mexico one week to close 25-30 consulates. In addition, we would work out a plan to close additional consulates depending on how Mexico behaves. If Mexico, in fact, refuses to take back deportees, then we would need to take additional actions such as shutting down our visa issuance in Mexico, kicking out their ambassador from Washington, closing down the border crossing for periods of time, and even halting remittances to Mexico--just to let Mexico feel the pain. As part, of course, of any comprehensive reform of our immigration laws, no federal money should go to supporting illegal aliens in the US.

The Southwest USA does not "belong" to Mexico. Mexico, please note, held California for about 25 years; they had Texas for even less time. Spain held the area for a couple hundred years, and we've had it for some 170 years. So enough with that argument. It is tiresome.

The USA has the right to defend its sovereignty and borders. Mexicans have no right of access to the US any more than anybody else does.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:16:14 PM EDT
[#1]
177 views and no comments?  
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:25:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#3]
wait... why war with New Mexico.... we don't have anything to take and have already been nuked.

or do you mean a new Mexican war.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I absolutely agree with everything said in the story. Until they change their ways they needed to be treated as the serious threat that they are.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:39:50 PM EDT
[#5]
FM.....
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I absolutely agree with everything said in the story. Until they change their ways they needed to be treated as the serious threat that they are.
View Quote

We have a bigger problem with our own stupid, apologetic populace that actively votes to keep our hands tied.  We could address & solve this pretty quickly if everyone at least agreed that America is a sovereign nation that has the right to protect itself.  But not everyone does.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:42:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Great article
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
wait... why war with New Mexico.... we don't have anything to take and have already been nuked.

View Quote

Obviously New Mexico is just Mexico - only "new".  

Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:44:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Great article. It's time to put our spurs on and kick some ass.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck Mexico.  Trump was right. MEXICO is exporting its criminals, rapists, etc.

That is exactly what he said.  He didn't say that Mexicans are all of the above, BUT Mexico, the nation, is actively exporting its filth to the USA.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:47:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

We have a bigger problem with our own stupid, apologetic populace that actively votes to keep our hands tied.  We could address & solve this pretty quickly if everyone at least agreed that America is a sovereign nation that the right to protect itself.  But not everyone does.
View Quote

Agree. I view them as foreigners themselves, or at least allegiant to a foreign power [UN]. But the traitors in this country and the Mexican problem are not mutually exclusive.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:48:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Great article. It's time to put our spurs on and kick some ass.
View Quote

Yep...............we should subject them to a slow strangulation
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:50:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Good read.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, new-ish.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:54:49 PM EDT
[#15]
I suppose you could file this in the "No Shit" column.

Likely the reason for the lack of comments OP.

or

We have a bunch of Mexican sympathizers on here.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:56:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Washington needs to start paying attention , or we'll be fucked proper .
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#17]
He's right, I've been there, NM has nothing to take.

Interesting article.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:01:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Old school tag.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:01:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Old school tag.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Good article.

Good fences make for good neighbors.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:02:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
He's right, I've been there, NM has nothing to take
View Quote

Hatch chiles are pretty good
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:07:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Basically the South African bush war except upside down.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:07:08 PM EDT
[#23]
OST
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:09:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Good read...

Old School... BTT
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:10:02 PM EDT
[#25]
I read the part of the article in the OP,clicked on the link and scrolled to the bottom to try and discern the author and his qualifications, and, no shit, there is an advertisement for a local Mexican restaurant  I go to from time to time.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:10:53 PM EDT
[#26]
get them out, problem solved
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:13:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Time to renegotiate Guadalupe Hidalgo.

I call dibs on Governorship of the Baja California Protectorate Special Administration Zone!

The Halls of Montezuma part II - The Trumpening of Mexico

In a world where 'Murica finally gets sick of Mexico's shit, One man says, "Let's build a wall. A big beautiful wall. With a big beautiful gate!"
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:13:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Great article. Very thought provoking.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Finally someone calling Mexico out for the enemy they are.

Good read.  Thanks for posting that.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:15:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Is this the new Mexican War or New Mexican War?

Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:16:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Finally someone calling Mexico out for the enemy they are.

Good read.  Thanks for posting that.
View Quote
I am really appreciating how that sentiment is shifting.

Mexico has been shoving their problems off on us for too long.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:18:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yea... I skimmed the whole article looking for where I needed to deploy to.
New Mexico! We aren't new and we aren't Mexico!
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The northern NM residents, who are some of the oldest families in the entire nation, consider themselves Spanish and really don't care for Mexico or Mexicans.

They don't really like white Anglos, either, which makes for an odd dynamic.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#34]
I truly believe we underestimate Mexico in a big way , great article .
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Naw, we're a whole lot cleaner.  And we're a nuclear power to boot.  

Mexicans in the US Southwest:

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=aa2_1480043502
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:28:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I truly believe we underestimate Mexico in a big way , great article .
View Quote
My wake up call for that was when the State Department travel advisories for Mexico were more severe than Iraq.

It's a failed state on par with Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:29:03 PM EDT
[#37]
I wonder if Trump`s push for an investigation into illegal voting is the first step in the direction of punishing Mexico.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:29:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Good read.

Like many, I'm fed up with Mexico treating us like a chump even though we hold all of the chips on the table. Trump is absolutely the only person with the stones to treat the Mexicans like the shitty backstabbing neighbors they are.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:31:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

We need to go to war with Mexico one of America's worst enemies...IMO

We certainly need to cut off all foreign aid to those bastards.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:33:47 PM EDT
[#40]
If you don't like the citizens of Mexico, you are a racist.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#41]
A Health Inspector told me about another inspector who walked into the parking lot of the Mexican Consulate in San Francisco.  He wanted to check the food cart that was operating out of there.  Anyway, the line of Mexicans who were waiting had scattered because "the man" was looking around.  Funny thing is the consulate grounds are foreign land and a mere county health inspector has no jurisdiction there.  I think the State Department would have told him to back off.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:58:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If you don't like the citizens of Mexico, you are a racist.
View Quote

Race war!
Non-Hispanic whites vs. Hispanic whites!
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:01:39 PM EDT
[#43]
The article is spot on, a nearly failed nation with high crime rate is not going to be good for its neighbor. its like buying a nice house across the street from a ghetto.  I think shutting down illegal boarder traffic is really the best thing for both countries. reduced money in drugs and you have a reduction in cartel crime in boarder towns, you can then increase the businesses going there with out threat, you reduce human trafficking as well. crimes that are bad for everyone on both sides.

Quoted:
The northern NM residents, who are some of the oldest families in the entire nation, consider themselves Spanish and really don't care for Mexico or Mexicans.

They don't really like white Anglos, either, which makes for an odd dynamic.
View Quote

we don't fucking like anyone, not even each other, trust me (I think the distrust of others goes back to the Crypto-Jews and the inquisition, which is way out in left field for this thread)
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:07:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

we don't fucking like anyone, not even each other, trust me (I think the distrust of others goes back to the Crypto-Jews and the inquisition, which is way out in left field for this thread)
View Quote

My dad knew a black guy that had to do some work in Northern NM.  The dude came back and said that he had been called a gringo, and not in a nice way.  

Anywho, everybody who actually knows the state knows that y'all don't like outsiders.  My dad says that it was a lot worse back when he was a kid, but he drove through TA to see all of the bullet holes in the courthouse after the whole Reies Lopez Tijerina thing.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:11:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

My dad knew a black guy that had to do some work in Northern NM.  The dude came back and said that he had been called a gringo, and not in a nice way.  

Anywho, everybody who actually knows the state knows that y'all don't like outsiders.  My dad says that it was a lot worse back when he was a kid, but he drove through TA to see all of the bullet holes in the courthouse after the whole Reies Lopez Tijerina thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's still kind of a thing up there.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:12:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Race war!
Non-Hispanic whites vs. Hispanic whites!
He
View Quote
He wanted comments. 
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:14:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
That's still kind of a thing up there.
View Quote

I'd team up with the Northern New Mexicans if they'd just turn their dislike of people who aren't them on Taos and Santa Fe.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:15:07 PM EDT
[#48]
golf clap..
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:19:31 PM EDT
[#49]
war with mexico? very possible.

but here's how i think it could go... the (valid) response by this country to mexico's unlimited  flow of illegals from all of latin america into the united states is resulting in a serious backlash (think trump) that will likely result in an economic impact on that country as we 'punish' mexico with the wall, reduction of NAFTA and of jobs moving to mexico where labor is cheaper, from the us. this, coupled with the war on drugs which sends billions of dollars south to fund cartels which are in some places more powerful than the government, will very likely destabilize the country making it ripe for foreign powers to step in. think of a mega-cuba.

assume that china, with its new economic power steps in to become mexico's biggest trading partner and 'friend' and are willing to pour billions into mexico to get a foothold in the western hemisphere and eventually send military aid and advisors?

before it comes to that, as mexico descends into anarchy, there is a good chance that we will invade to prop up whatever government is hanging by its fingernails at the end.

if we are willing to go half-way around the world and attack iraq and afghanistan because of the risk of terrorism, what do you think the chances are of a us government invading mexico before that country becomes another cuba?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:23:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
if we are willing to go half-way around the world and attack iraq and afghanistan because of the risk of terrorism, what do you think the chances are of a us government invading mexico before that country becomes another cuba?
View Quote

I don't think that Iraq was about terrorism.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2003/feb/16/iraq.theeuro
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top