Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2003 12:50:07 AM EDT
The Neutral Observer was nosing around the CIA website and decided to take a "career development quiz" that was on the website.  The Neutral Observer noticed two interesting questions on this quiz, which are pasted below:

Are you a Native speaker of any the following languages:
Farsi
Arabic language other than Farsi
Simplified Chinese
Mandarin Chinese
Korean
A Native American Indian Language
Dari
Pashtu
Turkman
Urdu

Have you ever lived and worked in one of the following countries or regions?
China
Middle East
South Pacific
India
Native American Indian Nation

Notice the Native American Indian answer in both questions.  Does this seem odd to anyone else, or is The Neutral Observer ignorant of some commonly known fact?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:57:51 AM EDT
[#1]
For use in code.

Try referring to yourself in the first person, would ya? You sound like a bad "rastler".
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:03:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
For use in code.
View Quote

Interesting.  The Neutral Observer was unaware that this technique has been used since World War 2.  Thank you for the heads up.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:02:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Neutral

Now go read up on the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:12:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes.
The CIA has spy programs on Native Americans. AIM or Wounded Knee ring a bell? They aren't always the most "patriotic" Americans, and tend to always have a few complaints.
That coupled with the fact that, while on reservations, they live on what is essentially an autonomous nation, I could see why the feddies would want to spy on them.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:50:57 AM EDT
[#5]
you mean that pissed off indian wanting terrorist training wouldnt be the easiest way to get somebody "In" with our enemies?  What do you think that Tom Clancy just makes stuff up?

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:17:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They aren't always the most "patriotic" Americans
View Quote

I'm  curious, how many Native American's have been found to be traitors in recent history?[>:/]

CHRIS
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:47:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
They aren't always the most "patriotic" Americans
View Quote

I'm  curious, how many Native American's have been found to be traitors in recent history?[>:/]

CHRIS
View Quote

You're missing the point - not bending over and taking it when the man fucks you over and over again (after a long history of reneging on treaties and agreements) - automatically makes you "unpatriotic"

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks DK, that helps me understand a little better.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:52:44 AM EDT
[#9]
The_Neutral_Observer is self absorbed.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:49:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You're missing the point - not bending over and taking it when the man fucks you over and over again (after a long history of reneging on treaties and agreements) - automatically makes you "unpatriotic"

View Quote

Typical Eurotrash upper-academia leftist viewpoint, DK.

The poor, oppressed indigenous peoples are just fighting the power… [rolleyes]

I spent the better part of my summers as a youth on a reservation in Northern Minnesota (Ojibwe, Leech Lake for those who know the area)
[img]http://users.aol.com/Donh523/navapage/leechlk.jpg[/img] .
Some of the most fantastic people I have ever met- with the typical "blame the past for my present condition" and “I hate Whitey” attitude. The only difference is they are far more organized as a people than some "other" races with the same gripes- thus, pose more of a threat.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:52:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:58:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Landon:

When you do try to come back and pay us a visit you sure do jump in with both feet dontcha.
View Quote

Yup, he was outed yesterday....10mm fan, admitted racist and now, from Minnesooohhta.
Full-Auto is down and he's bored.
HI YA McUzicarrots [:D]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:02:27 AM EDT
[#13]
What?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:02:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Coincidence...?

I had a friend who was (still is) a Micmac Indian.

Due to his looks he was able to pass for Filipino, Indian, SW Asian, Hispanic, etc.  Didn't hurt that he spoke a few different languages for his under cover work.

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:05:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Landon:

When you do try to come back and pay us a visit you sure do jump in with both feet dontcha.
View Quote

[lolabove]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:45:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:21:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Interesting discussion on the subject.  The Neutral Observer had not thought of these ideas.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:29:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:35:18 PM EDT
[#19]
"The Rock says....."

"Bob Dole doesn't know anything about Indian Resevations..."

I remember a poster at 1911.com posting in the third person calling himself "The Claw"  He was banned pretty fast.  Same guy?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:38:51 PM EDT
[#20]

look up what race of people had the highest percentage of enlistment in WW2.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:34:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Typical Eurotrash upper-academia leftist viewpoint, DK.

The poor, oppressed indigenous peoples are just fighting the power… [rolleyes]
View Quote

There are plenty of dissident native americans that should be under surveillance and are a threat - I just object to the painting of a group with a wide brush based on the actions of some.  If that isn't what you meant, then I misunderstood.  Welcome back, some of us have missed you - try to stick around!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:40:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Neutral Observer...what are you a Marvel comic character, like the Watcher?
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:47:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top