Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/26/2015 7:02:56 PM EDT
“Bernie Sanders is a more honorable choice for Vermont sportsmen than ­Peter Smith,” wrote Wayne LaPierre, who was — and still is — a top official at the national NRA, backing Sanders over the Republican incumbent."

"Apparently the incumbent (Peter Smith) had changed his mind about a ban on ­assault weapons. The NRA and its allies wanted him beaten. They didn’t much care who beat him."
View Quote

Link
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:03:37 PM EDT
[#1]
They're a pro-gun organization. Not a Republican organization.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:04:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmmm..the 1990's?  Was the Republican one of the guys who signed onto the AWB?

eta: I find it hard to believe that the NRA is the reason Bernie Sanders was elected.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Piss on this wannabe NRA hit piece.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:12:56 PM EDT
[#4]
The NRA has a long history of backing the anti gun incumbents over better pro gun choices . They supported Harry Ried , Shumer , Lautenberg and others . This has been going on since the 90's . I was a member of another board and they had a full list of the 2000 democrats the NRA gave money to . I wish I had saved it .  I am a life member . The NRA will not provide previous campaign donations list to members
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:13:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't forget for a long time in the 80's and 90's the NRA supported HUNTERS, and to a smaller extent shooting sports.

You know, guns with "sporting purposes".
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:14:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The NRA has a long history of backing the anti gun incumbents over better pro gun choices . They supported Harry Ried , Shumer , Lautenberg and others . This has been going on since the 90's . I was a member of another board and they had a full list of the 2000 democrats the NRA gave money to . I wish I had saved it .  I am a life member . The NRA will not provide previous campaign donations list to members
View Quote

You say this every thread

Every single thread I ask you to provide a shred of evidence the NRA has ever supported Chuck Schumer like you claim.

You never, ever provide jack shit.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:15:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Piss on this wannabe NRA hit piece.
View Quote

Pretty much.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#8]
So the NRA tried to get rid of a Republican who supported AWBs in Vermont in the 1990s?  And supposedly pro-gun people are upset by that?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:21:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Every single thread I ask you to provide a shred of evidence the NRA has ever supported Chuck Schumer like you claim.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have tried to get it . The NRA is not responsive at all . I even contacted a board member with zero results. The ILA will not answer either. The list was posted on subguns in 2000 before the elections . Hell they supported Reid the last time around .
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:24:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have tried to get it . The NRA is not responsive at all . I even contacted a board member with zero results. The ILA will not answer either. The list was posted on subguns in 2000 before the elections . Hell they supported Reid the last time around .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then maybe you should stop repeating unsubstantiated rumors you can't prove.

As for the Reid thing, we've discussed this before.  He was "pro gun" as long as the NRA continued to help him get elected.  People who think NRA should stand for National Republican Association got butthurt about it, they refused to endorse him, and he won without their help.  Big shocker, after that he didn't kill anti gun bills like he had in the past since he found out he could win without the NRA.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:29:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

FPNI.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:32:08 PM EDT
[#13]
So libs hate the NRA but love puspus Sanders.  I doubt this will change much though.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:34:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

As for the Reid thing, we've discussed this before.  He was "pro gun" as long as the NRA continued to help him get elected.  People who think NRA should stand for National Republican Association got butthurt about it, they refused to endorse him, and he won without their help.  Big shocker, after that he didn't kill anti gun bills like he had in the past since he found out he could win without the NRA.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And at the time, Congress & the White House were controlled by Democrats.  Meaning that the major players who could block gun control or bring it up were Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, and Barack Obama.  NRA should have endorsed Reid as the smart move; but instead they graded Reid a B and Angle an A and didn't endorse anyone - which was a half ass strategy that was guaranteed to (and did) please no one.

The NRA is lucky the GOP won the House during that cycle.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:46:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

They supported Reid when he would kill anti-gun legislation.  They did not support him the last time around as you say.  They gave no endorsement in the race.  You should probably check your facts.

They supported Bernie Sanders because he apparently did not support any new gun banning laws.  They opposed the Republican he was running against in the 90's who I believe vowed to oppose the AWB and then flip flopped and said he would vote to ban guns.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:30:38 PM EDT
[#16]
The NRA doesn't care about your "gun rights." It cares about your money... It's all a scam. they sold out gun owners long ago. They don't give a fuck about you, me or anything else.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:38:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The NRA doesn't care about your "gun rights." It cares about your money... It's all a scam. they sold out gun owners long ago. They don't give a fuck about you, me or anything else.
View Quote

So what pro gun organization gets your dollars and time?

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:42:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one gets a penny from me as far as that goes. I don't trust any of them...
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:46:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

CSB
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:47:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote
This needs repeating in every NRA thread.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A solid plan.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:51:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

A solid plan.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A solid plan.

Dude they are the Rainbow Coalition of the rednecks. Lol
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:55:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd certainly rather hang around a Rainbow Coalition of rednecks who does something for gun rights than a FSA type like yourself.  That's just me though.  You're free to do what you want.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:02:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'd certainly rather hang around a Rainbow Coalition of rednecks who does something for gun rights than a FSA type like yourself.  That's just me though.  You're free to do what you want.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all good bro. I used to be a member, my dad is a life member. They pretty much non-existent now. They lobby a few million which helps fund some of the good guys, but other than that they don't do shit. Why don't they advertise in the mainstream to get new members and make it known that people like you actually give a crap? They circulate in the same areas of the world, spinning their wheels with the same old stuff. They need to modernize and do more for the "gun rights." Not just peace to the choir. That's just my opinion. It doesn't matter to much tho.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:06:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Why don't they advertise in the mainstream to get new members and make it known that people like you actually give a crap? they do

They circulate in the same areas of the world, spinning their wheels with the same old stuff. They need to modernize and do more for the "gun rights."   they have

Not just peace to the choir. That's just my opinion. It doesn't matter to much tho. Your opinion is uninformed.  
View Quote

Responses in links and red.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:13:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why don't they advertise in the mainstream to get new members and make it known that people like you actually give a crap? they do

They circulate in the same areas of the world, spinning their wheels with the same old stuff. They need to modernize and do more for the "gun rights."   they have

Not just peace to the choir. That's just my opinion. It doesn't matter to much tho. Your opinion is uninformed.  

I never see them organizing an active protest to anything.
Never see their commercials in prime time television.
Don't hear any ads on the radio.
I Never see anything NRA related outside of hunting shows or gun related events. They commercials they do run are usually the proverbial dad and son, walking in a hay field with engraved over and under shotguns or something like that. It's outdated and stale. That's why the fight for our "gun rights" is a losing battle.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I Never see anything NRA related outside of hunting shows or gun related events. They commercials they do run are usually the proverbial dad and son, walking in a hay field with engraved over and under shotguns or something like that. It's outdated and stale. That's why the fight for our "gun rights" is a losing battle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can lead a horse to water.....

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:21:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

When did the NRA support Frank Lautenberg and Chuck Schumer?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:21:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

You obviously don't watch TV or listen to the radio then.  NRA runs commercials on channels on my Direct TV all the time.  Heard radio spots also.  The current commercial running happens to be about democrats trying to ban guns and is nothing like you mention.  Stop it with your BS.

If you actually watched TV, listened to the radio or read some news on the internet you would know that the NRA filed a lawsuit in Seattle, WA because of a gun and ammo tax that violates a state law.

They are also involved in several lawsuits in California concerning bans on hicap and standard capacity magazines.

Last year they ran a multi-million dollar ad campaign that was even reported on liberal left wing sites you likely frequent............
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:24:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Let's all resign our NRA memberships and disband the organization completely.

All they do is send us junk mail and ask for money anyway.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:26:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It's all good bro. I used to be a member, my dad is a life member. They pretty much non-existent now. They lobby a few million which helps fund some of the good guys, but other than that they don't do shit. Why don't they advertise in the mainstream to get new members and make it known that people like you actually give a crap? They circulate in the same areas of the world, spinning their wheels with the same old stuff. They need to modernize and do more for the "gun rights." Not just peace to the choir. That's just my opinion. It doesn't matter to much tho.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, you got one thing right.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:30:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bump, so more people can see 74navaman's links.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:18:05 AM EDT
[#33]
they gave Reid an A rating too.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:35:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Sanders is no dummy, he knows if he came out as anti gun, Vermont would send him down the road.
He won't come out as anti gun unless he has won the White House, then Vermont can suck wind, just like the rest of the idiots that support him!
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:41:20 AM EDT
[#35]

He just wants a bit of common sense gun control, like a complete ban on semi-autos.

Nothing too extreme.

Your dues are overdue.  Send us money.  

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:59:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, they did not. That's also not the first time I've corrected you on that piece of misinformation either.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:07:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

No, they did not. That's also not the first time I've corrected you on that piece of misinformation either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agenda's gotta be pursued.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:19:30 AM EDT
[#38]
oh look another thread where the anti NRA crowd spew misinformation and out right lies.  shocked I am, shocked for reals this time
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:20:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Meh, big deal.  I live for today.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:23:08 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm not a big fan of the NRA in some areas (Gib money pls) but I know that they do a lot of good. (Money pls) So I can't hate on them too much. Some anti-gun organizations almost feel like (Money pls?) scams with all the fear mongering they do. I have it on (pls money) good word from the NAGR that guns are 'this close' to being banned every two days since I've signed up to receive their spam mail.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:25:06 AM EDT
[#41]
They really need to get shed of "President for Life" Wayne LaPierre. Talk about a need for term limits.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:37:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
They really need to get shed of "President for Life" Wayne LaPierre. Talk about a need for term limits.
View Quote

Another thing we really need is to have more gun owners actually join, instead of the pathetically small percentage who are currently members.

That way, maybe the NRA could be the most feared lobbying group in the country, instead of, you know, the AARP.

"But...but...they might send me some junk mail!"

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:42:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

LaPierre is not the NRA President, Jim Porter is. LaPierre has never been NRA president.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:43:45 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote

That reads like you are a shill for NAGR.....
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:49:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

LaPierre is not the NRA President, Jim Porter is. LaPierre has never been NRA president.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are correct of course but "CEO/Executive VP for Life" does not have quite the historical ring to it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:19:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

So you don't support the NRA.

You don't support ar15.com.

Are there any pro-gun organizations you do support?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:28:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think this is one he supports
Not hot linking:
http://www.theliberalgunclub.com

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:37:35 AM EDT
[#48]
It's not my fault!

I am "uniformed" because they don't inform me. i shouldn't have to search for the NRA. That is the point I am trying to make. They choose to stay in the same circles, saying the same stuff, to the same people saying the same stuff. It's not really proactive. Sure they file some law suits a couple times a year but if I want to know about it I have to come to a gun forum or to the NRA site. I think they are in on the take but again that's just me and my opinion matters not. Take care fellas.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:46:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used to be a member of the NRA. I got out because of the reasons I have been typing. I am not here trolling or trying to persuade people to leave them. I'm just stating my view of the organization based on my observation. If I was guaranteed that 100% of my monetary support would go to the fight and not to 6-7 figure salaries I would sign back up today. Until then I will buy more ammo.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:50:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I used to be a member of the NRA. I got out because of the reasons I have been typing. I am not here trolling or trying to persuade people to leave them. I'm just stating my view of the organization based on my observation. If I was guaranteed that 100% of my monetary support would go to the fight and not to 6-7 figure salaries I would sign back up today. Until then I will buy more ammo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't have to be a member to donate to the ILA, and no ILA money goes to executive salaries.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top