Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/11/2013 9:52:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 9:56:54 AM EDT
[#1]
"Turn around..."

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 9:56:57 AM EDT
[#2]
This has been blowing up my facebook for a few days now.

I like the part were he tries to get her to turn around.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Super sweet.

I think we all can get complacent and *forget* what we really have.  Seeing our spouse with new eyes every once in a while is a beautiful thing.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 9:59:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Hubby earned major brownie points on that one!
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 9:59:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Super sweet.

I think we all can get complacent and *forget* what we really have.  Seeing our spouse with new eyes every once in a while is a beautiful thing.
View Quote

Definitely!
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 10:02:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I was a little skeptical at first - but apparently post-op amnesia is a real thing.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 10:04:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't care how pretty she is, she needs to learn how to take a video.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#8]
How many guys will be trying that stunt now on their wives?
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 10:05:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

+1. Why do people use the "portrait mode" of framing? That's not how we see the world. Our eyes are side-by-side, not one on top of the other.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 10:09:10 AM EDT
[#11]
She's a cutie.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 10:09:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Two failures.

1. We don't see her.
2. The damn upright video.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 10:10:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Can you imagine someone being brutally honest and saying "daaaaaaang, you're ugly."
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 10:12:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

No kidding. That video made me melt.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 10:12:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Can you imagine someone being brutally honest and saying "daaaaaaang, you're ugly."
View Quote

Yeah, kin-of a ego bust when your wife looks at you and says, "man, you really married up."
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 10:14:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Seen lots of patients, might be real, but I vote for staged at least by him, even if he didn't let the wife in on it.

Evidently the psychologist thinks it is staged, and he explains about the types of amnesia.  Most of the articles about this don't include this part, but the Daily Mail one does.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2416598/Jason-Mortensen-Video-husband-waking-surgery-realising-wife-is.html?ico=ushome%5Emostread

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

+1. Why do people use the "portrait mode" of framing? That's not how we see the world. Our eyes are side-by-side, not one on top of the other.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because "Hot" and  "intelligent" cohabitate rather infrequently.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 10:14:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm sure they're out there.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 10:15:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Fake.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#20]
He has amnesia and is essentially drunk x2 - surprised he did not try to get her to show him her tits.  That would not have made a awwww video though.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 10:51:47 AM EDT
[#21]
This one could be staged or not. His eyes look clear and alert to me.

I do know you can say offensive stuff while waking up from surgery.
I had an outpatient procedure and apparently said some things that offended a couple of nurses. One demanded to be swapped to another patient. They were pissed off and told my wife that I was obnoxious and vulgar.
They weren't specific about what was said but it was that I said something about doing certain things to certain parts of the body.
I felt bad for my wife but I didn't remember any of it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 10:53:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Memory can get hazy, but I have a hunch he's having a little altered-state play-acting fun.

I did have a patient come out of the closet once, loudly, after propositioning her recovery room nurse.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 10:56:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Did he have a lobotomy?
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#24]
He lucky he didn't follow up with "...then why am I fucking my secretary?"
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:04:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Did he have a lobotomy?
View Quote

LOL.  I was betting, brain surgery of some sort.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:05:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Genius.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:07:44 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Fake.
View Quote
This. Already been outed as such

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fake.

Has it really?
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:19:05 AM EDT
[#29]
I had a buddy who went in for surgery. I told him it was perfectly acceptable to tell the nurse how much you wanted to suck on her titties after they started giving you the anesthesia drugs.

I saw him a week later and he was pissed.

Apparently his mother was with him in the recovery room and he was trying to put the moves on his nurse that looked like the nanny from "Gone with the Wind".

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#30]
I would say that this was totally staged by him.
The mans eyes look completly fine for someone who is ... "Totally out of it"

Yea... I can see how this video would make a girl melt.
This Dude knew what he was doing.

Remember...The eyes never lie!
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:28:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:43:24 AM EDT
[#32]
When I woke up from having my wisdom teeth out, I asked the dental assistant if my wife and I could go home and have "monkey sex" . I don't remember it but my wife tells the story every chance she gets.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:50:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Jimmy Kimmel again or Propofol is a hell of a drug.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:13:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I was a little skeptical at first - but apparently post-op amnesia is a real thing.

View Quote

When I had my wisdom teeth out I was pretty loopy but I remember all of the post op effects of the anesthesia and was pretty aware. I remember telling my sister who had picked me up that I was tripping balls several times.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:19:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

When I had my wisdom teeth out I was pretty loopy but I remember all of the post op effects of the anesthesia and was pretty aware. I remember telling my sister who had picked me up that I was tripping balls several times.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tripping balls is a medical term.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:26:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Seems fake. He calls a strange woman "honey" and then asks "do we call each other honey?"

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:27:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/Bt9zSfinwFA
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:31:39 PM EDT
[#38]
I wonder if anybody has done something like this, but to the nurse instead of their wife.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:31:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

After a hernia surgery, I woke up thinking I was chained to the bed.  I felt the chains pressing down on me.  I started thrashing to get free.  It took 5 or 6 nurses to hold me down until I woke up enough to stop being retarded.

After getting my wisdom teeth out, my dad passed back an ice pack for my jaw on the drive home.  I thought it was a cell phone and had a very nice conversation with my girlfriend on it.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure forgetting I was married coming out of anesthesia would go as well for me....hopefully it would if I remembered to call her gorgeous.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:34:32 PM EDT
[#41]
What's up with the comments from Wilson Hawk?

Sign in now to post a comment!

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:36:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Memory can get hazy, but I have a hunch he's having a little altered-state play-acting fun.

I did have a patient come out of the closet once, loudly, after propositioning her recovery room nurse.
View Quote

I agree. He is loopy, or coming out of anesthesia, but aware enough to recognize his wife. He's playing to get brownie points. His facial expression says it all.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:36:59 PM EDT
[#43]
I was telling everyone that came by to pull my finger when I last had surgery, lol.

And there was some joke that ended with a gay dude raping a football player....
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:39:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

After getting my wisdom teeth out, my dad passed back an ice pack for my jaw on the drive home.  I thought it was a cell phone and had a very nice conversation with my girlfriend on it.

View Quote

I had mine out and remember waking up a few times on the way home and then waking up long enough for my husband to take out the cotton.  Damn shame I didn't do anything funny.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:40:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Could have easily gotten derailed with.. "So you know you're married but you are trying to pick up a nurse in the recovery room...<smack>"
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:43:12 PM EDT
[#46]

Video not working.. Backstory?

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:44:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#48]
50 first dates anyone? hahaha
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:46:13 PM EDT
[#49]

Damn, some of you guys are hard to please. I have watched LOTS of video's on YouTube of kids after getting their wisdom teeth pulled, like 30 of them. It's common from them to not recognize family members. More than a few went like this...

Where am I?

Your in the car.

Who are you?

Im your mom.

Oh....

Who is this sitting next to me?

Thats your brother.

Oh....

Who are you?

Some people are super fucked up when they're coming to from surgery. Life sucks if you let yourself get sucked into being pessimistic all the time. Lighten up Francis.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 1:04:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Damn, some of you guys are hard to please. I have watched LOTS of video's on YouTube of kids after getting their wisdom teeth pulled, like 30 of them. It's common from them to not recognize family members. More than a few went like this...

View Quote

Pssssst. Look at my screen name. Pretty sure I've seen more people coming out of anesthesia this week than you've seen on YouTube. Or not. Maybe you're the expert.

Most of the anesthesia drugs give anterograde amnesia. That is a result of disrupting short-term memory creation.  Your spouse for many years will be in long-term memory. People love to play up the disinhibition from medication.  I have never, in the years I've taken care of kids, seen a child not recognize their primary caregiver after anesthesia.

Bonus wet blanket time:
Lie detectors don't detect lies.
The Easter Bunny isn't real.
Neither is the tooth fairy.
Ditto for Santa Claus.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top