Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/12/2005 3:44:52 PM EDT
I just watched it again. That movie scared the shit out of me when I was a kid. I first saw it at a movie theatre in Baton Rouge when I was a young teenager. The next day my daddy took me to north Louisiana, deer hunting. We got into the woods about an hour before first light and I got settled in good. The movie was still fresh in my mind but since I was carrying a .30-06 Remington 742 I wasn't scared. That is untill that huge Black Angus bull walked towards me out of the swirling fog! I hunt from the ground and was sitting with my back against a tree so that sucker looked seven feet tall!

I can laugh about it now but it took several hours to get over it back then.

Ever been startled/scared in the woods?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:48:32 PM EDT
That movie scared me as a kid too. Damn Bog Monster, er, I mean Wetland Monster.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:48:53 PM EDT
LOL, I saw it too at the movies back in '73, scared me pretty good too.

When I was young, my first few times hunting in the woods alone got kinda scary. Eventually got over it, but it took a few trips out and getting used to things.

I used to always hate it when the dang rabbits would jump at my feet.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:50:06 PM EDT
I ran that movie at our local theatre before it closed down years ago. I was the youngest projectionist using carbon-arc machines in the world prolly at 12-13 years old.

I nearly shat myself when that thing was at the window.

I could not find the movie for years and finally got it on DVD through Amazon.com.

The original movie was better than "Return to Boggy Creek". IMO.

Danny

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:20:14 AM EDT
I just ordered it. Been meaning to buy it for years, thanks for reminding me.
Top Top