Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2001 2:52:38 PM EDT
I'm in the market for a pocket pistol, found a local dealer with P-32s at $205.00.  I puzzled at the earlier thread on this subject, a poster with Kel-Tec problems described paying to send his back for repairs.  In these parts, the dealer does that for you.  I know, because I have had a few guns sent back, including a POS H&K that they never got right.  I think I am going to pick up a P-32 tomorrow.  Did a little surfing, found a good Kel-Tec related site.

[url]www.ktog.org/[/url]

Link Posted: 8/17/2001 3:24:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I sent mine back through my dealer who deals from his home.  Some type of link in the trigger broke on my week old (at that Time) P-32. If I am correct I assume that Kel-Tec is like many other firearms manufacturers in that they only honor warranty work by authorized gunsmiths. I don't know of any Kel-Tec authorized gunsmiths. Maybe they are out there but I've never heard of one. Regardless, I am happy with my P-32 and last night finally put the belt clip on that I've had for over a year.
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 3:52:37 PM EDT
[#2]
That was probably me, if you buy a gun at a gunshow or through the internet, you pretty much have to handle any problems directly with the gun manufacturer. The ripoff shops in my area wanted $320 for the P-32 which is why I usually wait for gun shows or buy online. Even after getting it fixed, I could never trust it with my life or the life of my family. My carry gun must be 100% reliable and I have to trust it, that trust comes from repeated trouble-free shootings, the Kel-tecs I have had have never gained my trust, they always broke or were not 100% reliable, and the triggers absolutely suck. The size was the only thing going for it. I have given up some size and went with a Kahr P7 for deep concealment, which has gained my trust and is like 200% more accurate than any kel-tec and a much better trigger. I know any gun can break at any given moment, but the kel-tecs just break way too often, their QC must be non-existant.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top