Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2002 12:05:17 PM EDT
It just dawned on me that this guy really can be living out various movie and tv scenes.  More people are showing that there are connections to recently aired tv/movies and my theory is that he's living out the sniper from "The Jerk" with Steve Martin!  

Imagine, he's really aiming for the oil cans!  GET AWAY FROM THE OIL CANS, HE REALLY HATES THE OIL CANS!  

I know I'm making light of it, but my suggestion is that maybe recently aired shows can be a link to catching him.  Maybe he's making a "tv made me murder" type statement.  What do you think?
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 12:10:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, with lines from the movie like..."Die gas pumper !!!!"   You may have something here. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 12:12:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I agree with the nutjob serial killer thought, but then again, a completely crazy sniper might be taking cues from the tv/media/movie scene.  Its just a possibility I wanted to throw out there.  Maybe this guy is really a 40 something, chubby gas attendant hating freak?  Who knows...
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Can I install a ladder rack on my post ban white van, or are those only allowed on preban white vans?

Does this belong in the legal issues or build it yourself forum?

BTW; many more people will die in car crashes today than will be killed by snipers in white vans.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 1:31:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I just saw that clip the other day somewhere. In another movie, maybe? And I just couldn't remember where it came from. Laughed my ass off, again.

BTW, the shooter was using an AR. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 2:30:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just saw that clip the other day somewhere. In another movie, maybe? And I just couldn't remember where it came from. Laughed my ass off, again.

View Quote

I think we saw the same thing, which is why I thought of this tv/movie scenario.  

By the way, would a silencer make a post ban van illegal?  Better take off that muffler!
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I think we saw the same thing, which is why I thought of this tv/movie scenario.  
View Quote

It was in Blackhawk Down.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:34:40 PM EDT
[#9]
It's a guy...

Livin' in a van...

Down by the river...
Was that Drew Carey or Chris Farley? SNL
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:50:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Steve Martin in "The Jerk" - "These oil cans must be defective"
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:27:59 AM EDT
[#11]
see pic posted in this thread

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=148131[/url]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:13:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

It was in Blackhawk Down.
View Quote

That's right!!!!

I remember the guys sitting there watching it now. [BD]

And I even own the movie (BHD). [:I]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top