Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2004 5:32:55 PM EDT
The Irony - I have to stir the pot...

Here I was driving down the main road in our town, when I stopped at a red light right behind a delivery van.  The van was pretty dirty/dusty with support our troops magnet on the back amongst other stickers identifying the driver as a Marine or former Marine.

In the dust was written:
“I hate Kerry”
“Edwards Sucks”
“Death to Islam”

…this made me think and then giggle at the irony.  Besides the fact that some radical Islam followers have attached attacked us, why are we so against the followers of Islam?

Their prophet recognizes “our Christian Prophet & God” and doesn’t teach hatred against.  Yet we support the folks/followers that according to the Bible was at fault for crucifying the son of “our” God - Co-indecently the same people who seem to not want to play nice with the followers of the Islam.  The Arabs, perhaps hate us because we support the people who are convicted of killing the son of “our” God – nature doesn’t like contradictions – so maybe that union is against Nature???

Ironically, some American Citizens have converted to Islam – mostly minorities – who in turn support the Liberal Democrats, again another contradiction.   How can one be a true Muslim and support Liberals/Democrats who in turn support the Jews?

Hmmm, before you go and hound me for speaking my mind, I am not a Muslim or Jew or anything – just a very proud, patriotic, American.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:35:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#2]
This will get interesting.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:37:03 PM EDT
[#3]
AGNTSA.

SG
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Popcorn, check.

Beer, check.

Ok, Goooooooooooooooo!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Popcorn, check.

Beer, check.

Ok, Goooooooooooooooo!

+1
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:41:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe it's because Jews don't go around killing people in the name of Judism and Christians don't go around killing people in the name of our God or Christianity but these terrorist go around killing people in the name of Allah and Islam. I'm not saying that all Muslims believe this way, just that the ones that are gaining attention do, and I don't here a huge outcry from the rest of them. I think this is where the mindset comes from.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:43:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Oh my...newbie and controversial. Slow day?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:44:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#9]
He sounds like a good man.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:44:47 PM EDT
[#10]
If it were red haired, blue eyed guys named Sean, I would feel the same way.

The absense of any outrage by the "non-radical" muslim is telling, indeed.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Might as well say it.

IBTL.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Hmmmm,  Let me see:
Racism,
Religion,
Interpretation of religion,
Justification of the "war",
Politics,

Where's my level IIIA vest...

Quick.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Besides the fact that some radical Islam followers have attached us, why are we so against the followers of Islam?

that's a big fuggin "besides"

That's like someone saying, "besides the fact that this guy raped your sister, raped your brother, and killed your parents, ... what have you got against him?"
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Besides the fact that some radical Islam followers have attached us, why are we so against the followers of Islam?

Why yes, it's true: "We" are "against" every follower of Islam, which is why we're currently in the process of trying to kill them all. Every last one of them, both here and abroad.

Whatever.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Besides the fact that some radical Islam followers have attached us...

Odd, I feel no sense of attachment.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Who me?  Not even - I have been around for a while - perhaps not with this same name.

Quoted:

Oh my...newbie and controversial. Slow day?

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Ironically, some American Citizens have converted to Islam – mostly minorities – who in turn support the Liberal Democrats, again another contradiction. How can one be a true Muslim and support Liberals/Democrats

It is interesting that Islam, one of the most conservative religions in the world, finds numerous apologists and even converts among the liberal left. Lindh was from a very liberal family, he went to one of those goofy alternative high schools and everything, yet he turned to an extreme right wing ideology.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:56:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Hmm - just to think I was once banned here for pointing out a spelling mistake.  Ironic isn't it?  

Quoted:

Quoted:

Besides the fact that some radical Islam followers have attached us...

Odd, I feel no sense of attachment.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:58:26 PM EDT
[#19]
ok, who's gonna take one for the team and kill this thread?

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:58:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Darn Good Point!

Quoted:

that's a big fuggin "besides"

That's like someone saying, "besides the fact that this guy raped your sister, raped your brother, and killed your parents, ... what have you got against him?"

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:59:54 PM EDT
[#21]
We need the big pic of the bunny and the pancake
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#22]
correction in red...

Quoted:
Maybe it's because Jews don't go around killing people in the name of Judism and Christians don't go around killing people in the name of our God or Christianity anymorebut these terrorist go around killing people in the name of Allah and Islam. I'm not saying that all Muslims believe this way, just that the ones that are gaining attention do, and I don't here a huge outcry from the rest of them. I think this is where the mindset comes from.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Hmmm, before you go and hound me for speaking my mind, I am not a Muslim or Jew or anything – just a very proud, patriotic, American.

those go together b/c......

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:15:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:20:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
These sentiments come out of ignorance and fear. Much like the AWB, somepeople did bad things, and so the febble minds, who were somehow not capable of distinguishing the difference between t toll to be used, and the person using the tool,  began to fear them and they were banned.

uh huh.  just exactly how are we to know which followers of Islam are not the enemy?  

Muslims get that this is a holy war.   We appear a bit slow on the uptake.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:21:22 PM EDT
[#26]
The Gospel According to Piccolo prohibits doing anything detrimental to a person solely on the basis of their religion.

Period.

Just like some people that call themselves catholics and protestants butcher each other in Northern Ireland, it doesn't give me the right to chastise ALL Catholics and Protestants.

Ya actually have to DO something wrong to get punished, is the way I see it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
AGNTSA.

SG

If someone would tell me what that means, I might add a +1.

I've asked before and can't seem to get an answer.  What does it mean?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Why did I look at this thread?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Ah Gezzz Not This Shit Again.

Quoted:

Quoted:
AGNTSA.

SG

If someone would tell me what that means, I might add a +1.

I've asked before and can't seem to get an answer.  What does it mean?

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:28:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Well Christians did the same thing many many years ago - crusades ring a bell?

Quoted:

Quoted:
These sentiments come out of ignorance and fear. Much like the AWB, somepeople did bad things, and so the febble minds, who were somehow not capable of distinguishing the difference between t toll to be used, and the person using the tool,  began to fear them and they were banned.

uh huh.  just exactly how are we to know which followers of Islam are not the enemy?  

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#31]
well if nothing else, the actions of radical Islamicists have opened everyone's eyes to just what a sleazy and untrustworthy bunch the French are, so next time you see that delivery van, hop out and write in the dust "Mangez moi Renault!"

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Don't you have something better to do.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#33]
We kicked their asses then, and hopefully we will do it again. That un-pc enough for you?

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:34:46 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Same thing huh?

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:35:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Do I sense a bit of hostility – easy boy!

Quoted:
Don't you have something better to do.

usera.imagecave.com/mrclean4hire/GOLYE0042.jpg

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:37:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Overall I think "organized Religion" has done nothing but start wars.
....and as far as your comment goes, slaughtering people as they did then is maybe not the same but strikingly similar.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same thing huh?

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yep, what's your point?
Remember who the Christians were fighting?
What makes you think they were wrong?

Muslims remember the crusades and - get ready for a shock - never really stopped fighting it.  They lay low for periods of time when it suites their interests, but they have been engaged in holy war since the crusades.  To ignore the fact that you're in a war virtually guarentees that you will lose said war.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:40:07 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Ah Gezzz Not This Shit Again.

What?  Why shouldn't I ask what AGNTSA means?  It's just an innocent question.

. . . Oh.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#39]
It's not their religion I have a problem with; it's their method of delivering their message to non-believers.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top