Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2002 9:57:15 AM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/695749/posts[/url]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 10:51:36 AM EDT
[#1]
We ignore Russian support for India and China's support for Pakistan at our peril.

I never am comfortable when we don't hear from China - I know they're up to something but I don't know what.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 12:22:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats a great article 9divdoc, I have long thought that the only winner in this Indo/Paki thing was going to be China.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 1:28:01 PM EDT
[#3]
If a war between the two would stay conventional then India would emerge victorious once again. The Chinese would lose an ally for the time being, weakening the overall geopolitical balance for them. Iran is too far away leaving them with only North Korea as potential support.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#4]
As interesting as the article is, the part about ten Chinese of military age smacks of tin foil hat.  Never mind that landing-spies-on-the-beach ploy plays like a James Bond movie plot, circa Sean "I am not too old to hump women one-fourth my age" Connery.  If China really wants to send spies over, they could have easily come in as tourists complete with Hawaiian shirts and cameras.  Gee, what's next?  Mexico air-dropping spies over San Diego?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top