Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2014 1:52:52 PM EDT
Delaying applicants rights for an untold period of time so the ISP can train officers on how to deal with CCW holders.... WTF.... They've had over a year to train them, and what kind of training is really required
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 1:56:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Delaying applicants rights for an untold period of time so the ISP can train officers on how to deal with CCW holders.... WTF.... They've had over a year to train them, and what kind of training is really required
View Quote

Source?
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Source?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Source?

Todd Vandermyde over on illinois carry, some instructors applications went from approved back to under review today because of this
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 2:03:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 2:03:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Dupe.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 2:05:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Are you talking about the instructor applications or the CCW application?
View Quote

All we know about is the instructors applications now, they were approved and now aren't because of this. The applications for the general public haven't passed the 30 days yet
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 2:06:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Lol ISP. Fuck those Gestapo assholes. What a great idea to put our ccw shit in their control.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I always assumed that despite the fact that people were reporting "approved" applications that the card
would not be mailed until the full 90 days was up, but maybe I'm just cynical.

Link Posted: 1/23/2014 2:08:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I always assumed that despite the fact that people were reporting "approved" applications that the card

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Todd originally said they were trying to turn them out as soon as the objection period was over, apparently not.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They've had over a year to train them, and what kind of training is really required
View Quote

Practice shooting first?
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 3:38:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I said from the get go that the ISP would drag their feet (probably on Quinn's orders) and would take up all alloted time and then some. Everything is being forced on them and they continue to thumb their noses at the people of Il.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I was being a pessimist after receiving the ISRA notice today, after hearing the first applicants (being the instructors) were beginning to show "approved".

As a non-instructor, I went the extra length and submitted prints with my application.  I'm really starting to think that was a big mistake, and my application will take just as long as those who HADN'T been printed.  I'm seriously starting to think this, and that the ISP won't give a damn who submitted prints or not.  I bet they won't even take the time to do a federal print check against the FBI's IAFAS database, they'll just delay everyone until they feel like they're ready.  No first come first served, no expedited permits for those who submitted prints...just one big fuck up.

And too bad so sad.  They won't refund the charge for prints if that's indeed found out what happens.  Because, hey, The State wasn't who charged us to have the prints done.

Mister doom and gloom, I know.  But this state makes me come to expect as much out of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top