Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/17/2014 11:25:33 AM EDT
Well, they must have been on the Malaysian airliner. Sorry, Congress - pound sand.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/17/lawmakers-irs-knew-for-months-lost-lerner-emails-more-documents-missing/
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#2]
So, there's no punishment for losing those files?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:27:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Working for the IRS is punishment enough.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:29:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm going to call bullshit right now.  The cong investigators needs to start dragging IT people out and interrogating them.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:29:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm fairly certain that just about every serious business that exists has to keep at least 5 years worth of Emails, and their back-ups, just in case of a government investigation.

They are full of shit, and lying about "losing" those emails.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:30:36 AM EDT
[#6]
They're not even pretending to care about the rule of law anymore in the Obama Administration.

Disgraceful and galling.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:30:59 AM EDT
[#7]
How long America will put up with this shit?

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:32:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
They're democrats, criminals protecting the criminal who rules us.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:32:47 AM EDT
[#9]
The most transparent administration ever!
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:32:58 AM EDT
[#10]
You can't audit me...My computer crashed and I lost me last 3 years accounting records.

Let's see how far I'd get with that one...

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#11]
What their doing isn't illegal, it's extralegal. That is when the government has to do something illegal for the good of the people.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:35:04 AM EDT
[#12]
They should go here till they find them.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:36:48 AM EDT
[#13]
They just don't care.
They are beyond the law and do whatever they damn well please.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:38:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote

Contempt of Congress.

Can carry jail time.

Problem is...the DOJ.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:40:55 AM EDT
[#15]
As soon as I read that her emails were lost because her computer crashed, I knew one of two things happened:
1)  The IRS's IT people are the most incompetent imaginable, running no server backups and using POP3 settings, which no one with any sense has used in many years.

2)  Someone who knows nothing about computers told a very stupid lie.
If your IT people have things set up at a 3 or higher on a 1-10 scale of quality, your PC could burn, and you'd lose nothing or almost nothing.  Certainly you'd lose no emails.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:41:03 AM EDT
[#16]
As someone who has taught law school classes on discovery of electronic records, I call complete and utter bullshit.  People should be in jail until they cough up these emails.  They DO exist, on a server or a backup tape.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:41:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

The most transparent administration ever!
View Quote

But he hangs out with Clooney and Beonce, so it's cool.  Plus, you're racist!

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:43:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm going to call bullshit right now.  The cong investigators needs to start dragging IT people out and interrogating them.
View Quote

This.  E-discovery and all that.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Its funny, I make a living recovering "lost" data. If the government was really trying to find wrong doing, the hard drives would be in a forensics lab that day.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:44:54 AM EDT
[#20]
...the IRS only revealed last Friday that it had lost an untold number of emails when Lerner's computer crashed in 2011.
View Quote

Is Congress really that stupid? (Don't answer that...)

Okay, fine, the HD for her workstation crashed in 2011. So what? Unless the IRS is claiming that they're
IT department is running 1990's based (if that new) gear, her user profile runs off of a server which has
multiple back-ups. Your e-mail & profile is saved to the server(s)... only a total NEWB saves anything worth
saving to their C-drive in case of a crash.

That's 'Net-working 101' level shit right there....
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:46:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ask them where the daily/weekly backups are?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:47:44 AM EDT
[#22]
They are covering up an impeachable offense.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:48:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Issa sent them a strongly worded letter He knows they are lying......
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:48:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:49:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm going to call bullshit right now.  The cong investigators needs to start dragging IT people out and interrogating jailing them.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:50:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
As soon as I read that her emails were lost because her computer crashed, I knew one of two things happened:

1)  The IRS's IT people are the most incompetent imaginable, running no server backups and using POP3 settings, which no one with any sense has used in many years.

If your IT people have things set up at a 3 or higher on a 1-10 scale of quality, your PC could burn, and you'd lose nothing or almost nothing.  Certainly you'd lose no emails.

View Quote

3) Someone who knows what they are doing either A. did what they were told to do or B. got rid of it on their own because they knew "what needed to be done" (for their job, for their bosses, for the WH, but certainly not for what is just and honest)
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:51:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The most logical scenario
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:51:31 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote

Should be a prison time offense, but the ones who did it will make a fortune giving speeches to leftist loons.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:53:19 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

It'll never happen.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:53:58 AM EDT
[#30]
I bet the NSA has those emails
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:55:08 AM EDT
[#31]
More like, 'moved to trash'
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:55:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Issa sent them a strongly worded letter He knows they are lying......
View Quote

"You had better give me the correspondence I'm asking for... or... I'll just keep asking..."
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:58:37 AM EDT
[#33]
look at that fucking bitch looking down her nose like her shit don't stink. Lerner I hope you get the most painful slow killing cancer known to mankind
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:00:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Where is Anonymous when we need them?

TC
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:00:49 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I bet the NSA has those emails
View Quote
I know they do.

Can't wait until the NSA starts getting dragged into discovery, shit is going to get messy.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:04:12 PM EDT
[#36]
One of these days the "reasonable conservatives" are going to figure out the game is rigged. The whole fucking thing needs to burn to the ground. That's the ONLY WAY things are going to change......
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:05:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Such fucking bullshit
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:06:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
How long America will put up with this shit?
View Quote

Until it comes to their FRONT DOOR!!
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#39]
My anger has morphed to apathy. Nothing they do shocks me anymore
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:10:23 PM EDT
[#40]
I cant help but wonder what the IRS would think if a regular citizen had lost his or her records when the IRS asked to see them.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're working of the premise that they were lost.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:11:30 PM EDT
[#42]
So? The American population doesn't care as long as they get their free shit. There will be no "great awakening" or fight to retake anything. The GOP is too busy looting it's base for "economic development" used for quid pro quo enriching and the military brass is more worried about promotions than actually upholding the constitution. Either learn to play the game or get satisfied with losing.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:11:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm fairly certain that just about every serious business that exists has to keep at least 5 years worth of Emails, and their back-ups, just in case of a government investigation.

View Quote

THIS

IRS has their email system on an internal cloud storage system spread among servers located at every IRS processing center.  Any suggestion that those emails are really lost is total BS and only absolute fools will believe this blatant lie.  Unfortunately, there are a lot of fools running loose in the USA these days.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:11:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, what emails are only saved locally on a pc?  that is one of the most retarded things ive ever heard.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:15:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It'll never happen.

http://i.imgur.com/W00s233.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It'll never happen.

http://i.imgur.com/W00s233.jpg

Its enough already........
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:16:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

THIS

IRS has their email system on an internal cloud storage system spread among servers located at every IRS processing center.  Any suggestion that those emails are really lost is total BS and only absolute fools will believe this blatant lie.  Unfortunately, there are a lot of fools running loose in the USA these days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS

If someone had given that excuse in any other country, they'd be missing about 3-4 fingers by now.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:16:30 PM EDT
[#47]
wups, mouse finger got excited.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:18:04 PM EDT
[#48]
The rule of law is now only for you and me.
This would be called "tampering with evidence", "withholding evidence" and "destruction of evidence" if it were you or I.
Throw in contempt of Congress and all of them involved in this conspiracy (as a prosecutor would call it) would have been looking at 30 year federal prison sentences on just this alone back when the rule of law applied to everyone especially those who were entrusted to serve us.
These charges would be filed along with the "abuse of official power", "corruption" and "conspiracy" charges, they could even charge them with criminal use of a communication device, something commonly use against drug dealers.
All would be used against anyone outside the protected class.
BTW, that info they are saying is "lost" is easily obtainable from government back up computers, ISP's or even the NSA if a subpoena is requested.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:20:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Does anyone else see find it ironic that the IRS is claiming they "lost" some pertinent documents, but if you were to tell the IRS that you lost some tax documents during an audit you would be run through their bureaucratic meat grinder?  What a fucking joke!
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:23:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I cant help but wonder what the IRS would think if a regular citizen had lost his or her records when the IRS asked to see them.
View Quote

Regular "citizen/peasant" Joe Schmoe would be at the IRS' mercy.

Try the "I don't have it. It was lost in a fire" line and see where that goes. IRS: "Tough shit. We say you owe $XXX,XXX.00. Since you can't prove otherwise, pay the fucking man, and GTFO. Have a nice day."

This administration is so corrupt, it makes Nixon look like Pinnochio in comparison. I mean, it, just embarrassing.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top