Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/8/2001 6:41:36 PM EDT
What is, in your opinion, the hottest Hot Sauce out there? I always thought that 'Dave's Insanity' sauce was the hottest but I started hearing otherwise lately. If you say 'Tobasco', go home and take your skirt off! [pyro]
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 6:46:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2001 6:47:24 PM EDT by lordtrader]
Hot sauces are rated by a system called the Scoville rating. Dave's in somewhere above middle. Armaggeddon sauce is among the top. Here's what I have in the fridge ready for use. Not pictured cause I used em all up are Dave's Insanity sauce, Hotter than Hell sauce, and Armageddon sauce. But here's the rest: [img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/038/2w/5A/ID/AZ44296.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 6:54:23 PM EDT
Originally Posted By lordtrader: Hot sauces are rated by a system called the Scoville rating. Dave's in somewhere above middle. Armaggeddon sauce is among the top. Here's what I have in the fridge ready for use. Not pictured cause I used em all up are Dave's Insanity sauce, Hotter than Hell sauce, and Armageddon sauce. But here's the rest: Blairs also has one called Sudden Death That I believe is hotter than After Death. Check out the deathsauce website.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 6:54:36 PM EDT
Ack...Endorphin Rush is too much of a paste...its absolutely useless for spreading it on a burger. The best tasting hot sauces are the Hooters Hot that are on every table....great with fries. And Chohula, its weak and lite but tastes like limes, me and a friend finished a 5 oz bottle in one hour with a box of melba toast...good.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 7:04:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By tc6969: Blairs also has one called Sudden Death That I believe is hotter than After Death. Check out the deathsauce website.
View Quote
OOOHHHHH did not know that. Thanx for the tip. [:D] I love trying out new sauces.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 7:17:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2001 7:13:27 PM EDT by X--Kill]
I have two friends that have been on local (Memphis) TV about their hot sauce collections. Daves Insanity is pretty good. Scorned Woman Nuclear Hell Ass in The Tub (always liked that one) Atomic Hell Some real funny names. Some real good sauces also.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 7:22:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2001 7:19:25 PM EDT by lordtrader]
Originally Posted By X--Kill: Scorned Woman
View Quote
Hey I've had that. Both the sauce and the woman itself [;)] Never piss off a Scorpio. I've dated two of em and they get you in the end. Same with the sauce. The next morning taking a dump is a bitch!!! [:(]
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 8:09:40 PM EDT
Made a pilgrimage to Avery Island, La to the home of Tabasco a few years ago. Tabasco makes a Habenero sauce that is mighty tasty. You get about five miles from the island you can smell the Capsicum peppers and Tabasco. I spent some good money at the Country Store there and took the tour. The young belle that was the tour guide was good enough to eat herself! MMMMMMM!
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 8:12:37 PM EDT
Lordtrader you check out the Seattle scene for work? You're welcome in my kitchen.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 8:18:54 PM EDT
My vote is for Blair's Sudden Death. That stuff is like pepper resin suspended in oil. A couple of drops and it goes all over the place. Just make sure you're hands are thoroughly clean before you go to the washroom.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 8:35:55 PM EDT
I use to work at place in Conway,AR called Smitty's Bar-b-Q. We had a sauce there called the Last Rites. Our kitchen manager ordered about four crates of habaneros twice a year, just to make two buckets of sauce. The exact recipe is still a secret, but I know that he mixed in a little Dave's Insanity, a lot of vinegar, and some sort of African special blend crap that I'd never heard of before. That stuff would light you up for about five days, but it tasted great. If you ever get the chance, I highly recommend trying the place out.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 8:50:46 PM EDT
personnally I make my own using habenero and White Dragon peppers....only problem so far is getting the fire dept to show up fast enough.LOL
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 8:54:39 PM EDT
I can't tell you the name, because there is no English writing on the bottle. I got it at this Asian market, and I keep thinking it will eat through the bottle.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 9:28:06 PM EDT
fuck the sauce just put a habenero on top did that once NEVER AGIEN!!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 9:39:51 PM EDT
Pure capsaicin would be the hottest you get at about 16,000,000 scovilles. The hottest stuff I have is Da Bomb Ground Zero at 237,000. Dave's insanity sauce is around 50,000. Dave's ultimate insanity sauce is supposed to be almost 3 times that. If you're a serious chilehead, you'll just have to try them all until you die or find nirvana in a bottle.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 10:06:53 PM EDT
I heard that Aqua Regia is supposed to be pretty hot.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 4:20:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By qwijibo: Pure capsaicin would be the hottest you get at about 16,000,000 scovilles. The hottest stuff I have is Da Bomb Ground Zero at 237,000. Dave's insanity sauce is around 50,000. Dave's ultimate insanity sauce is supposed to be almost 3 times that. If you're a serious chilehead, you'll just have to try them all until you die or find nirvana in a bottle.
View Quote
I have a bottle of pure capsaicin extract which I use for making my chili. It is the first sauce that I have seen that is supposed to be measured out by an eye-dropper, and comes packaged in two bottles (one with the eyedropper, and another that holds the original bottle).
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 4:56:46 AM EDT
mejames: I can't tell you the name, because there is no English writing on the bottle. I got it at this Asian market, and I keep thinking it will eat through the bottle
View Quote
Is this the ones? I love Sriracha Sauce. [img]www.huyfong.com/images/sriracha.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 5:02:34 AM EDT
The hottest hot sauce???....I prefer the new NYPD departmental issue pepper spray with the Black Label. That stuff is wicked, it shoots out white. The old green label stuff came out dark red. Anyway I blasted this bad guy with the new stuff and he drops like a fly and starts coughing up snot and blood! I wonder how it would taste on chicken?
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 5:14:41 AM EDT
Yeah, Sriracha rules. My favorite named sauce is "Smack My Ass and Call Me Sally". On a side note, my fiancee is related to the Tabasco family...I forget the name, but it's on the bottle. Everyone now please tell me how cool I am. Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 5:49:32 AM EDT
Yeah I like that asian red chili paste sauce too! Its hot but palatable and give food a great flavor, another brand is called Sambal Olec. As for the hottest stuff? In Charleston they have this open market where they sell all kinds of hot sauces... I bought a bottle of hot sauce that came in a brown medicine bottle with an eye dropper... it was pure distilled Capsicum! I literally put 1/4 of one drop on my tongue and thougt I was gonna die! I drank a quart of milk and it still burned... I had to put my tongue under the faucet with running cold water for like 10 minutes! You do know that milk bonds with capsicum oil and renders it less hot right? I found something else that works too, VODKA! Alcohol solubilizes this oil and helps rinse it away quicker :) I suppose scope or listerine would work too, but who wants to drink that? M.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 6:04:25 AM EDT
You want hot sauce? THESE guys have hot sauce! [b][red]Mo Hotta-Mo Betta[/red][/b] [url]www.mohotta.com[/url] A great catalog mailing list to be on if you are into sauces. Grin
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 6:16:13 AM EDT
Mo Hotta Mo Betta has a decent selection, but there are many things they don't carry. I don't know of any site that carries everything, but another good one is [url]www.sammcgees.com[/url]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:51:35 AM EDT
THe hottest in my opinion is [b]Da' Bomb THe final Answer[/b] it has a scoville rating is 1.5 million. This is one that has a stick attatched to the cap so you ONLY use one drop at a time. ONE DROP of The Final Answer is probably equal to 10 bottles of Daves Insanity Sauce. qwijibo, the Da' Bomb series has come out with that one as the last in the set. Its $40. for a 2oz bottle. BISHOP
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 8:01:41 AM EDT
Originally Posted By BISHOP: THe hottest in my opinion is [b]Da' Bomb THe final Answer[/b] it has a scoville rating is 1.5 million. This is one that has a stick attatched to the cap so you ONLY use one drop at a time. ONE DROP of The Final Answer is probably equal to 10 bottles of Daves Insanity Sauce. qwijibo, the Da' Bomb series has come out with that one as the last in the set. Its $40. for a 2oz bottle. BISHOP
View Quote
thats pretty damn hot. most pepper spray is between .5 million and 2.0 million scoville units and that is if the capsaicin is at 5 or 10 percent. I was talking to an ASP employee who designs spray and he says that at 100 percent capsaicin it will burn through things slowly. he says they always try to see what they can do with the stuff. plus the jokes are pretty funny he says. I went to a pepper spray class this last weekend ..got sprayed in the eye with sabre red (hurt like hell) he was a guest speaker.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:51:54 PM EDT
I'm sitting here looking at a can of Fox Labs pepper spray. 5.3 MILLION Scoville Heat Units!!!!!! Probably great with chips and a nice cold Margarita.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 7:16:10 AM EDT
Here is my "at work collection". I usually keep some habenaros around, however they are still green on the vine. Todays lunch will include some Daves Insanity, and the cayenne and wax peppers shown. I eat habenaros like grapes and even have a local sub shop (Friscos)that gives me free lunch for doing so. I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!!!! [img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=287906&a=2140589&p=52764060&Sequence=0&res[/img] [pyro] Nuckles.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 7:25:06 AM EDT
Hellfire & Damnation hot sauce from the el Paso Chile Co. By no means the hottest, but damn hot.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 8:59:31 AM EDT
If you guys like HOT stuff, I suggest you go to [url]http://www.originaljuan.com[/url] They are the guys who have the [b]DA'Bomb[/b] series of hot sauces. Warning: The [b]Da'Bomb[/b] series of Sauces are [b]NOT[/b] to be used as dipping sauces or something that you would pour onto food items!!! They are to be used as a SUPERCHARGER, to be used one drop at a time, to be mixed with other weak hot sauces, but never alone in large quantities(more than 1 drop at a time). I barely use hot sauces and that is why I want the HOTTEST. I buy one bottle and it lasts me for years. Plus its a fun thing to do at parties. An ammount that is colorless, and not even visible to the naked eye will burn your mouth and throat for about 20-45 min. BISHOP
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 9:49:34 AM EDT
Chimborazo, you can't remember your fiances last name? Pick her up in a bar the other night or something?
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 10:28:37 AM EDT
This thread reminds me of Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire"... [>(]
Top Top