Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2004 11:27:38 AM EDT
Well, shoot. I'm in my second semester of College, currently trying to get a Petroleum Engineering degree, at Montana Tech.

The next few years are going to decide the rest of my life, and i have had this very strong conviction.

I have been looking at the PLC program offered by the Marines. I'm not sure what i'm going to do.

I love the marines, and i love this country, and that may be why i have this huge conviction to join.

I need some insight.

I know most of you will say join and don't look back, but i want to weigh my options.
Im still not sure if it is right for me.

give me your thoughts.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:32:07 AM EDT
Gonna sign up if Kerry wins?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:33:47 AM EDT
no, probably not.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:34:48 AM EDT
Why not finnish college, then join the Marines.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:36:08 AM EDT
by doing the PLC program, i continue while enlisted. during summers i train and take classes, and then it is full time after college is over.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:36:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Max_Power:

+1

I was enlisted, the half dozen men of my family who have served all were too. I would want my son to be an officer.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:44:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/2/2004 11:47:38 AM EDT by Maddogkiller]

" The sky is blue, the grass is green. Now get off your butt and join the MARINES!"
John Wayne ( this poem was delivered by The Duke on the Laugh in Program circa 1969)

All joking aside, unless you have a burning desire to be a MARINE, don't join. The PLC program is good stuff, to be sure, but don't join the MARINES unless you want to be a MARINE. Not because of college, programs, bennies etc.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:50:17 AM EDT

+2

Woody
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:51:34 AM EDT
My plan is to join the military after finishing college. Better pay, more career options because of my education and experience.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:53:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Maddogkiller:

" The sky is blue, the grass is green. Now get off your butt and join the MARINES!"
John Wayne ( this poem was delivered by The Duke on the Laugh in Program circa 1969)

All joking aside, unless you have a burning desire to be a MARINE, don't join. The PLC program is good stuff, to be sure, but don't join the MARINES unless you want to be a MARINE. Not because of college, programs, bennies etc.

100% agree. I have this huge conviction, and a desire to not only just be a Marine, but to serve my country.

I'm not worried about paying for college and what nots, and it definetaly wouldn't be for the money.

With a petroleum engineering degree, i would be making probably 70,000 dollars straight out of school. So it is definetaly isn't the money.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:53:27 AM EDT

Why would he want to go to a Finnish college?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:20:58 PM EDT
Because they have great saunas.......
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:30:51 PM EDT
Of the many many people that I knew in college that dropped out, only two returned to finish thier degree. One finished his degree 10 years after he should have, and his career is 10 years behind as a result, and the other quit during his senior year to join the army for 4 years. He finished 15 years behind schedule.

Both has significantly lesser degrees than they should have had.

Do not think going back to college would be a slam dunk as you get older. Especially when dropping out of an engineering program. Finish college.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:45:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By hound:
Because they have great saunas.......

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:07:33 PM EDT
Hey, Montana Tech is a great school and you are pretty much guarenteed a job after graduation. Thats some pretty nice security. I'd wait til after graduation and se what comes along and if nothing interests you, join up.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 2:29:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By hatebreed:

Max on ei erittäin fiksu on hän.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 3:42:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By hatebreed:

Max on ei erittäin fiksu on hän.

"Max is no very smart is anythbly"?? If that's what you learned in Finnish college you're in deep shit my friend.
Top Top