Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2008 7:28:42 PM EDT
Had the dreaded stomach flu the last two days. Going through the whole family. Lost probably over two gallons of fluid. All I can say is brutal.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Any swelling in the neck?  Captain Tripps (A.K.A. Tube Neck is due soon!)

Baby Can You Dig Your Man....

anyway, hoping you and yours feel better sooner!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Influenza is a virus.

GI upset is typically bacterial in nature.

Doesn't help you much, but figured any thread always benefits from a public service announcement.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:58:02 PM EDT
[#3]
This is probably due to the election of a certain BHO

Drink plenty of fluids and buy ammo/guns and call me in the morning.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:14:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Im on the downside of it right now.  the last few days have been hell.  No nausea but lots of aches and soreness, fever, chills, sweats, dizziness, lethargy, and an overall desire to die.

My head is still congested and I have some coughing also.  Typical for me around Thanksgiving..  Like clockwork really.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:16:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Guy at work had a stomach virus for a week or so, he said he lost 20 lbs (about 10% of his total weight).
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 11:00:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Any swelling in the neck?

I had it a week or so ago. It came in 2 stages: The first stage, I was afraid I was going to die. The second stage, I was afraid I WOULDN'T die.

I also got some swelling in the armpit; it went away after 3 days.

ETA It's worse if you have a family.. you have to care for the little ones, too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top