Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2003 11:27:00 AM EDT
Our club had its annual clean up day today--club has about 1600 members plus a few hundred others in shooting leagues and such.

I am pistol chairman, so my wife, I and another member are out on the pistol rage at start time busting our rear ends. Painting, cleaning, fixing....

within the first hour 3 members drive up and get pissed because they can't shoot. One demands to know what time I will get done so he can shoot (and I mean a time). One drives off cursing us. I ask all three to help, none do.

The other 10 members who showed up for clean up day made it down to the pistol range after a few hours and helped us finish.

As far as I am concerned, the pistol range is now my private club. I am giving shed keys to the guys who always help, and putting the best and most fun gear in the sheds. Chairs? shed Good stands? shed Bowling pins? shed  Fun spin targets? shed

I also busted into the prize locker to give out some high value match ammo.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 12:06:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you warn the other members that the range would be closed today for repairs?

It's a fine service that you're providing, but I wouldn't be happy either if I just drove an hour to find out that I couldn't use the range.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 12:09:06 PM EDT
[#2]
It was on the events section of the newsletter and on the club website.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 12:15:13 PM EDT
[#3]
If they knew about it, then screw 'em.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 12:17:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Did you warn the other members that the range would be closed today for repairs?

It's a fine service that you're providing, but I wouldn't be happy either if I just drove an hour to find out that I couldn't use the range.
View Quote

So you wouldn't be happy.  But would you leave in a huff, or would you lend a helping hand?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So you wouldn't be happy.  But would you leave in a huff, or would you lend a helping hand?
View Quote

Provocative question.

If I truly didn't know about it because I failed to read the newsletter, then I would be embarrassed and just quietly leave.  However, if if I didn't have any guests with me, had the whole day to myself, and had already driven all that way anyway, then I would ask if they needed any help.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:37:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top