Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2001 10:18:25 PM EDT
Damned rice burners, that's all I gots to say about that.

Nice looking charger in there though that pulls one helluva wheel stand in a short clip they show.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 10:28:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Nice looking charger in there though that pulls one helluva wheel stand in a short clip they show.
View Quote

Damn them for what they did to that R/T
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 10:33:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Ain't that the truth?

I'll probably rent the thing when it comes out on tape just to see the race scene between the charger and the little ricer.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 10:38:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Of all the movies I've seen previews for in the last couple years, this one really caught my eye for some reason. I'll probably see it, and I RARELY watch movies in a theater.

[edit: disclaimer: I'm not into ricers]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 10:45:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Anybody ever go to [url]www.streetracing.org[/url].  There are some cool mpegs and pics.  Texas racing scene is also another good site but I can't seem to find the url.

Not into the Japanese car thing but some of them do put out some serious horsepower.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 10:45:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Treetop, I know you aren't and you were living down there within Ricer capital of Ca., my god how many freaking ricers are there in Oxnard?

There's something about the movie that makes me want to see it but I'm pretty certain that when I rent it I'll just fast forward to all the car chase scenes which look pretty decent.   Two of the gals in the movie look pretty decen too so if they get naked I'll probably rewind once or twice to watch those parts over, but screw the dialogue and that's exactly the reason I'm gonna wait for it to come out 2 months later on video. [:P]

We've got some ricers around these parts and some of them are pretty outrageous but others are nothing but seriously laughable.   Ricers do it differently than your typical gearhead, thing that just drives me nuts is how much trouble they have to goto inorder to get one of those things to go any faster than mid12s, there are a couple 11 second cars around here but I shudder to think how much money they spent to get that little thing to move that fast.   Certainly more than your typical Chevy or Ford guy who's got the displacement to nearly get there now as is and with a few time honored tweaks they get there for some pretty easy cash, I really respect the nuts though who take their Fords or Chevys and borrow from the ricer camp and turbo charge their V8s as the results are just shockingly impressive as hell.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 10:58:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I will absolutely go to see this flic...I hate riceburners, but I love good old American muscle cars.
That short clip with the Charger doin a wheelie & fryin the tires just makes the hair on my neck stand up...I've got a '70 Camaro with a big block and nitrous myself...It goes 8.40's at 159mph in the 1/4 mile and it's still street legal.
I've been down to Philly a zillion times to watch street racing and I've actually seen shit like this...
Some of the spots where they run have so much rubber down, It's easy to stand the front end up. It's almost as sticky as the dragstrip...
The starting line is so sticky it will pull your sneakers off if they're not tied tight...
Some nights they will race for hours before the police chase them, other nights they can't even get a race together....
Really neat that this stuff still goes on...Not too safe though...    
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 11:02:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Some of those imports are hitting the [b]7[/b]s. It's crazy seeing slicks on the front of a car, and skinnies in the rear.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 11:07:46 PM EDT
[#8]

I've been down to Philly a zillion times to watch street racing and I've actually seen shit like this...
Some of the spots where they run have so much rubber down, It's easy to stand the front end up. It's almost as sticky as the dragstrip...
The starting line is so sticky it will pull your sneakers off if they're not tied tight...
Some nights they will race for hours before the police chase them, other nights they can't even get a race together....
Really neat that this stuff still goes on...Not too safe though...    
View Quote

Aaahhhh - you're talking Front Street!!  I haven't been there in years but it used to be normal for the racing to go on all night. Any ricer would have been laughed out of there!!!
I own a 1970 Charger R/T that's in a million pieces, mid restoration, and I wouldn't trade it for 100 10 second ricers, no matter what kind of sound system they had!!!  Old muscle rules!!!
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 11:09:24 PM EDT
[#9]
dragracerart, I'm a bit of a nut when it comes to thinking of really cool things to piss off the rice burners.

One of my absolute favorite fantasies is to get a 4x4 Ford Explorer with the on the fly fourwheel drive as well as a 5.0.   It would be fairly simple to use some Mustang magic on the Explorer and get 450-500hp if the computer is up to the task, you could even work on the Explorer to get it so it launches harder than would typically be expected.   But imagine when a ricer pulls up next to you at an entersection and you rev your engine provoking him to a race, when you know he's in for it make sure you've got the 4wheel engaged and do an absolutely huge burnout as you leave the line with all four wheels smoking!   If the street was a little off canter you would likely slide towards the ricer if he was on your passenger side, that aught to un-nerve the guy a tad bit.   It would more than likely kill the on the fly fourwheel drive after awhile but talk about a fun activity for the insanely rich!   Screw the Saleen supercharged Explorers, mine would be a helluva lot meaner in nature!   A 351 could likely be worked into the new Explorers too, just grab up the wiring for an older Lightning and see if you could get away with smogging it as an F150.   I'd also like to see BFG Drag T/A radials on all four corners of a Ford Explorer, hmmmmmmmmmm that would get some serious looks wouldn't it?

It's that or take a 71-73 Chevy fullsize 4x4 and shoehorn in a very hot 502 [:)]   Do some huge burnouts off the line in your lifted 4wheeler with some monster 35-38s on it, wouldn't get much traction or weight transfer but the top of the ricer's roof wouldn't even be level with that of your floor boards or possibly your tires.

I'm somewhat in the process of looking for a 91-93 Mustang LX, all the 5.0s up here are beaten to hell though so I might just drop down 1.5-2k for a 4banger LX that hasn't been beaten to within an inch of it's life that way I can build it up proper for a hot 302 or 351.
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 12:01:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Gus...

Most of the time I've been down there, they race at 61st & Passyunk ave. Starting line is right in front of the Adult shop, and they race down 61st Street between the junk yards. Sometimes they run in front of the automall and sometimes at Front Street. Can't always find them right away, but if you stay at 61st long enough they will return...
I've seen some pretty wicked shit down there...7-sec RWD RX-7, 8-sec 80's malibu, drag bikes...you name it, they'll race it...

Uglygun...

Believe it or not, I've actually dusted off a few noisey little riceburners with my dually...
'97 Chevy 454 Vortec,4-spd Automatic
with 4.10 posi...This truck runs like a bitch!!!
Got a few kids in the area runnin around with these little cars, and I can't resist the chance to make them look like dicks in front of their girlfriends...
Any time one of these punks rolls up next to me at a stoplight, I just gotta mash the pedal...I can't help myself...[:)]

I just think it's hilarious to see them get out-run by something that looks like it should be pulling a camper...[:)]
Usually leaves me in tears laughing!!!
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 12:06:19 AM EDT
[#11]
RX7s, probably the one ricer car that I really like.   It's just a cool car and makes for one hell of a street racer, hell with going fast in a straight line I'd want the car for things like SOLO events or something like the Silver State Classic.
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 12:37:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
RX7s, probably the one ricer car that I really like.   It's just a cool car and makes for one hell of a street racer, hell with going fast in a straight line I'd want the car for things like SOLO events or something like the Silver State Classic.
View Quote

Only thing about the RX-7 I saw, that was rice, was the body shell...
This car had a full Chromoly tube chassis, a wild, big cube, small block Chevy motor and Nitrous Oxide...I think there's a big block in it now...I see it now and then at the track...I'm pretty sure it goes 7.70's now...

DAMN...I gotta get to bed now...
I hear the stupid birds chirpin outside already...

Amazing how I lose track of time here....
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 12:55:37 AM EDT
[#13]
this talk reminds me of the time i used to go down to Compton around midnight to watch the illegal street races (unarmed of course [:D]).
there were some NICE rides out there, some were trailered of course, a few VW bugs, and ricers.
everyone would meet up at the restauarant parking lot and talk sh*t and make bets, then go to the side street to have it out. when the cops cruise into the parking lot everyone would leave to another restaurant about 1/2 mile away. HELL,  one time the cops brought out the "Ghetto bird" copter with spot light on us.

i never raced just watched

then they opened the legal race track down by the long beach harbor for about 2 years and the illegal street racing stopped, LOTS of sweet rides down there, nitrous cars, motorcycles, VWs, even 120mph go carts. well the harbor commission really screwed the drag strip owner more ways that one and closed the place.

anyway i do hate those rice rockets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top