Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2003 12:42:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:45:28 PM EDT
[#1]
oh hell, as long as they're not endangering anybody else..............i think its safe to say that the majority of us have done this in the past

although i was not able to read the post in question and am not privy to all their ages nor their circumstances.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:46:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn I saw this and I thought you were talking about my boss from last season (Treasure Island Scout Res Waterfront director, missed our goddamn national inspection cause he was too hung over from drinking on an outlying island the night before). ;)
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#3]
kids.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:49:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, My 999th post is in that thing, I want it back......
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#5]
You're such a square. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:59:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, that's a little ridiculous, especially in light of the fact that every member who posted in the thread was basically calling the drunken teens in question a bunch of idiots.   Not like we were egging them on to drink more - you know, "advocating" an illegal activity.  I guess the next "How fast have you driven" post is a goner.

Especially in light of the fact that the only illegal activities that are prohibited by the code of conduct concern illegal firearms stuff and the purchase of illegal items.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#7]
will we now lock threads that discuss going over the speed limit?

[rolleyes]

howabout a "tell us about the first time you got drunk" story thread? what if we hear about underage drinkers there? *gasp*

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:19:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok. I'm back at home and I'll let you know what happened.

I drank one Smirnoff Ice which has the same alcohol content as beer. I threw up later that night which I think was from eating a bunch of Ramen noodles and junk food. I didn't get drunk, I really didn't even feel it at all. I didn't like it either, and I don't plan on doing it again. I sat there with my friends, I didn't go on the river or even near it. We just sat and talked until about midnight and then went to sleep.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:14:27 PM EDT
[#9]
No underage sex with miners(the gold kind :)???
Drinking and NO SEX???!! WTF!!!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:17:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hey, My 999th post is in that thing, I want it back......
View Quote

I'm just posting to make my post count go up.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:45:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well, that's a little ridiculous, especially in light of the fact that every member who posted in the thread was basically calling the drunken teens in question a bunch of idiots.   Not like we were egging them on to drink more - you know, "advocating" an illegal activity.  I guess the next "How fast have you driven" post is a goner.

Especially in light of the fact that the only illegal activities that are prohibited by the code of conduct concern illegal firearms stuff and the purchase of illegal items.
View Quote

It's not the only ridiculous lock lately either...
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:05:07 PM EDT
[#12]
It's always better to sweep it under the rug than to address such behavior directly and attempt to steer those concerned in the right direction.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:58:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
will we now lock threads that discuss going over the speed limit?

[rolleyes]

View Quote

I went 110 on the way home from work the other morning! [:D]  IBTL!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:09:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Hijack alert:

Anybody ever seen the movie "Kids"?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:32:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:51:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hijack alert:

Anybody ever seen the movie "Kids"?
View Quote

Yes. It was an disturbing yet well made film that immersed the viewer into the dark and lascivious side of teen society. If you found "Kids" to be engaging, I suggest that you also see "Bully" starring Brad Renfro.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:52:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Locking a thread just becase an 18 year old had some beer?

WTF is happening to this god damn place?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:55:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Also, did you know in many states you can serve your son/daughter alchol on private property and it is LEGAL.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:57:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

It is the strict enforcement of existing laws. Either you are with the president or you are against him.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:12:45 AM EDT
[#20]
WTF? has ARFCOM been bought out by the PC police?

Guess what bk? It's silly, totally lame stuff like this that really makes one think when it comes time to renew memberships. This isnt a threat, nor is it some type of vague hint, just the truth. WTF is going on?

"We do not discuss illegal activites"? Yes we do, all the time. Check the legal forum. Check the GD. There is all kinds of stuff that could be potentially illegal. How about the "shooting looters thread"?

I know it is a fine line, but IMO, this is way off center.

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:16:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
WTF? has ARFCOM been bought out by the PC police?

View Quote

Join The Coalition.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:39:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's always better to sweep it under the rug than to address such behavior directly and attempt to steer those concerned in the right direction.
View Quote

It was addressed, just not in public.
View Quote

Better yet, transparency. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:46:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

It is the strict enforcement of existing laws. Either you are with the president or you are against him.
View Quote

LOL!

I knew this was you before I saw your name!
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:52:59 AM EDT
[#24]
guess what guys

i took out the trash this morning

and I didn't separate out the recyclables

if you want to do the same, i suggest putting them inside a plastic sack, and putting rotten food on top. that way the trash guy doesn't feel like diging around to bust you for "trash mixing".

bwa ha ha ha ha

IBTL

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:16:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Let's see BK....that would mean any discussions of using Kazaa for MP3's should be locked...what about when someone discusses shots fired under a questionable circumstances....or shooting in city limits...    I guess we will have lots of posts about "Wow the sky sure is blue today" ,   "What color are your fuzzy bunny slippers?",   "Who is your favorite democrat  ever to hold office?"    

I believe the BATF would more concerned about illegal activity posts referring to illegal manufactioning or modifications....not posts about Litlle Johnny having his first beer and horking his guts up....   I can see the JBT raids now on the local highschool parties....  

Evaluate your actions Mike.   Will locking a thread about under age drinking prevent it from happening again?   Definitely not.    Will it solve some social il?   Once again ..no.     It was not as if he discussed how to falsify ID's to buy liquor, or even how to use a weapon to best hold up a liquor store to get his booze.      

I highly suspect that the members of this board oppose and will not tolerate censorship, or tyrant like behavior.    

Now is the time for my public service message:
   Kids,  remember this,  drinking alcoholic beverages kill brain cells, and that the loss of braincells is the leading cause of democrats.   So don't drink.....do it for your country....

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:36:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Umm... no. There were some private, personal issues at hand also. The thread was simply moved to the Moderator forum. That's all [:)]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:53:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Um...   Don't you guys think that the age of [b]14[/b] is a bit YOUNG.  [:(]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:38:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Too young for what?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:46:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes I do, but I don't think that is the point people are making here.   Most people were rough on them for their behavior.   Hell we have enough fathers in here.   But the reasoning Mike gave for moving it to the Mod's forum...

[red] . . has been moved to the Mod forum. We do not discuss illegal activities on this board. A group of 8 teens, the oldest of which is age 18, drunk and puking around a flood-swollen river qualifies as an illegal activity[/red]

...is garbage.    I understand people don't want teens drinking, and that it is against the law.   However many other topics would fall under the guise of illegal activities.....as I posted earlier today...

[blue]
Let's see BK....that would mean any discussions of using Kazaa for MP3's should be locked...what about when someone discusses shots fired under a questionable circumstances....or shooting in city limits... I guess we will have lots of posts about "Wow the sky sure is blue today" , "What color are your fuzzy bunny slippers?", "Who is your favorite democrat ever to hold office?"

I believe the BATF would more concerned about illegal activity posts referring to illegal manufactioning or modifications....not posts about Litlle Johnny having his first beer and horking his guts up.... I can see the JBT raids now on the local highschool parties....

Evaluate your actions Mike. Will locking a thread about under age drinking prevent it from happening again? Definitely not. Will it solve some social il? Once again ..no. It was not as if he discussed how to falsify ID's to buy liquor, or even how to use a weapon to best hold up a liquor store to get his booze.

I highly suspect that the members of this board oppose and will not tolerate censorship, or tyrant like behavior.

Now is the time for my public service message:
Kids, remember this, drinking alcoholic beverages kill brain cells, and that the loss of braincells is the leading cause of democrats. So don't drink.....do it for your country....[/blue]

The powers that be on this board need to get it together,  if there is a rule, enforce it accross the WHOLE board and not just as knee jerk reactions when your conciences starts grumbling.    
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:52:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:52:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes in perfect world. By 14 I had bought beer on a fake ID. Smoked pot. Smoked cigarettes. Lost my cherry. Owned 2 firearms. Lettered 2 times in Jr. High football. Set local records on the swim team as well as won state wide honors. Ran track (sucked). And many more things.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top