Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2002 7:28:08 PM EDT
Ya know, I really can't stand The Dixie Chicks.
The lead singer has the ugliest mouth and face I think I've ever seen.
And even more importantly, I really like Fleetwood Mac.
So when The Dixie Chicks remade "Landslide", well I got pissed.  They butchered a great song.
So I was willing to turn the radio station every time their version came on.  Hoping it would just fade away.   Now WTF?  I just saw the video version on CMT.  I can't stand it.  The vision of that butt ugly woman singing a great song is more than I can stand!!  I'm off to shoot myself in the foot- maybe it'll make me forget what I just saw.
[bitchmodeoff]
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm with you on that. What the hell is there problem? They have no talent and now they are scaring the children with their videos.

If there was in justice in the world Stevie and Christine would roll into Austin and whip them scags silly.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 4:48:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd hit it . . . [}:D]
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 4:57:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 5:04:26 AM EDT
[#4]
If you think that's a travesty, have you ever heard Billy Corgan from The Smashing Pumpkins sing a cover of Landslide?

Talk about your unholiest of unholies...

the_reject
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 5:26:17 AM EDT
[#5]
No picking on Natalie, now..don't make me get medieval on your ass.

Butt ugly?  Wow...who do you think is good-looking?
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 5:32:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I actually think that Billy Corgan's version of "Landslide" is pretty good.  I also like Sean Kelly's version.  Sean Kelly is the lead for "The Samples".
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 5:44:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I have to say, I'd hit it and be an ass about sharing.

Also I wanna chime in and say I thought the Pumpkin's Landslide was great!
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 5:51:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Dudes!
Kelly Willis!
[url]http://www.brucerobison.com/online-store/scstore/graphics/DeserveCD.gif[/url]
View Quote

DF,

No WAY! Another Kelly Willis fan out there! I guess that makes 2.

Check out Danni Liegh, you might like her too. She is a little more country than Kelly though.

[img]http://www.dannileigh.com/danni%20web%20pix/danni9thumb.jpg[/img]  [img]http://www.dannileigh.com/danni%20web%20pix/danni11thumb.jpg[/img]   [img]http://www.dannileigh.com/danni%20web%20pix/danni16thumb.jpg[/img]

Oh yeah, I like the Chicks too.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 5:54:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I rather like their version of Landslide. Not quite as good as Fleetwood Mac's but not a bad attempt.

I haven't heard Smashing Pumpkin's version, but somehow I just don't think I would like it as well as the Chicksee Dick's.

And while Natalie may not be the cutest, I can't decide which of the other two I'd rather hit first, I wouldn't turn her down if she offered. [;)]
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 5:54:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Whassup with "ugly"???  C'mon, that little chubby one, when she ain't TOO stuffed, is downright GRABBABLE!!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 5:57:40 AM EDT
[#11]
OOOHHH!!!!!!

Danni Liegh!!! I've caught one or two of her video's.  Man, I'd hit her in nothing flat.

Very pretty and very talented. I particularly like her style of country music.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 6:28:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Whassup with "ugly"???  C'mon, that little chubby one, when she ain't TOO stuffed, is downright GRABBABLE!!!
View Quote

Maybe it's just me..but I think she's hot as hell.

Link Posted: 10/14/2002 6:44:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Kelly Willis, Danni Leigh......well, they would be GREASE SPOTS if I got a hold on them.

Dixie Chicks? Maybe after a few million in plastic surgery and lipo.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 6:51:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They have no talent
View Quote

Do I like their music, NO.

Are they talented, YES.

Marti is a world class violinist/fiddle player.

Emily is a very accomplished multi-instrumentalist.

Nat is a smart ass (and butt ugly), but she can sing, despite the fact that I can't stand her voice.

Their vocal harmony is seamless. Not an easy feat.

Don't confuse physical appearance or style with lack of talent.

I can't stand Fleetwood Mac either, but they're VERY talented.

IMHO
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 7:02:33 AM EDT
[#15]
When I first heard the Smashing Pumpkin's remake.  I said aloud in the car with my friends  "This chick singing this has a more femanine voice then Stevie Nicks"
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 8:04:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe it's just me..but I think she's hot as hell.

View Quote

Nope, it's not just you.  That little plump one is quite hot indeed!  I'd like to slap that rump one good time.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 8:37:19 AM EDT
[#17]
I think Natalie is edible.  Just because she doesn't look like a junkie doesn't mean she can't be cute!
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 9:00:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think Natalie is edible.  Just because she doesn't look like a junkie doesn't mean she can't be cute!
View Quote

And a net worth of $35 million don't hurt either.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 9:05:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ya know, I really can't stand The Dixie Chicks.
The lead singer has the ugliest mouth and face I think I've ever seen.
And even more importantly, I really like Fleetwood Mac.
So when The Dixie Chicks remade "Landslide", well I got pissed.  They butchered a great song.
So I was willing to turn the radio station every time their version came on.  Hoping it would just fade away.   Now WTF?  I just saw the video version on CMT.  I can't stand it.  The vision of that butt ugly woman singing a great song is more than I can stand!!  I'm off to shoot myself in the foot- maybe it'll make me forget what I just saw.
[bitchmodeoff]
View Quote

I'm with you man,like all trailor trash that "make it"(ie:Anna Nicole Smith,Roseanne,ect)they will go away after awhile.

But Fleetwood Mac is nothing to get excitued about either.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 9:19:51 AM EDT
[#20]

The Dixie Chicks prefer to refer themselves as musicians before singers or beauty queens. They are far and above the Madonna's and the Brittney Spears in talent alone anyway you cut that.

As for Fleetwood Mac, they were tops in 1977 San Diego Sports Arena! Live! You had to be there.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 9:48:18 AM EDT
[#21]
I admit it, I haven't worried about such things since high school.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 1:08:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, they are international calibur multi-instrumentalists.

That's why they keep 75% of the session pickers on 16th Street in the showroom of Andrews looking at new Range Rovers.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 2:20:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Actually I think its pritty good.

I like most of there other stuff to.

But then I listen to just about everything
Smashing pumpkins are good to
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 4:48:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Nope, you couldn't pay me to hit Nat.
Gunner1x-  I'm with ya on most things.  They are great musicians and singers.  I'd never take that away from them.  But Nat's grating voice combined with those looks just plain scares me.  I've played in a few bands over the years, took piano/guitar lessons etc.  I can appreciate good musicians.

QuietShootr-  Ok as far as C&W singers go, here are the ones I would like to spend a romantic evening with (in no particular order):

1.  Nancy Griffith ten years ago.  She was just as cute as she could be ten years ago.  The years haven't been the kindest since though. But man she still can sing.  WOW!!
2.  Suzy Bogus.  Haven't seen anything of her in a while.
3.  Kathy Matea(SP)
Gee, showing my age or what??

Talking about remakes.  One of the best ones I have heard and played was Dreams (Allman Bros) remade by Molly Hatchet.  I need to buy that CD again.

Link Posted: 10/14/2002 5:41:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Country Chicks I'd Bang Like A Screen Door In A Hurricane:

1)Natalie Maines
2)Martina McBride
3)Faith Hill
4)Martie Seidel
5)Trisha Yearwood
6)Lee Ann Womack
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Wot no Shania Twain?  You guys blind?  That wench is hotter than a pistol!

As for the Dixies, the singer is kinda beat, the other two are pretty hot, but there ain't no Shania or Faith amongst them.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 10:35:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Give me Chely Wright any day of the week...
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 10:48:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Give me Chely Wright any day of the week...
View Quote

DAMN! You beat me to it!

I would also go to the ends of the earth for Rebecca Lynn Howard.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:22:40 AM EDT
[#29]
I forgot Jo Dee Messina and Carolyn Dawn Johnson.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Wot no Shania Twain
View Quote
Pfffffffft! She ain't 'Country' heck she ain't even from the states! Shes from canada! Now tell me what a cannuck know's about country music? [:D]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 1:28:01 PM EDT
[#31]
She is as ugly as the north end of a dog walking south!
[img]http://www.dixiechicks.com/home/images/homephoto.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 1:30:43 PM EDT
[#32]
I think the country female artist I'd bang like a screen door would have to be Sara Evans....

I love them brunettes... with nice tatas...

:)
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 1:34:31 PM EDT
[#33]
With threads like this I NO longer wonder why there aren't more women present here [:D]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 1:47:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Damn you guys are picky! A MstGySgt I had when I was in the USMC once told me "If she is below your standards...lower your standards".  A truely wise man.

Edited cause my dumbass cant spell.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 1:47:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 1:51:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Simply hating country music filters most of that crap out of my cd player.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#37]
USNJoe hit the nail on the head with that photo!! [puke]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 4:41:52 PM EDT
[#38]
In my younger days if I needed some trim I would use the GUE factor: Go Ugly Early.
Nothing lowers my standards like a bottle of tequila!
[img]http://www.cuervo.com/2tequila/images/especial_pop2_02.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#39]
What about Reba? I think shes hot!
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 6:07:33 AM EDT
[#40]
That's a hellaciously bad pic of her.

These are better.

[img]http://www.geocities.com/Nashville/Rodeo/3883/pics/album07.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.geocities.com/Nashville/Rodeo/3883/pics/video01.jpg[/img]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top