Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/9/2005 5:17:54 PM EDT
Written and directed by Rob Zombie.

Wow! Awesome horror flick.

I find movies like this disturbing when the creepy guys are winning and enjoyable when the good guys get some. This flic took me back and forth several times.

The editing is different but not annoying and some unusual ones looked quite good.

Some of the cinematography was amazing.

Special effects I give a nine out of ten and Rob wrote some pretty good dialogue but it stumbles at times.

Well done. I give it a 9 out of 10.
Link Posted: 11/9/2005 7:13:36 PM EDT
There aint no fucking ice cream in your near fucking future.

I, one of the few, thought it was good. Glad to see I wasnt the only one. Freebird at the end was an excellent touch.
Link Posted: 11/9/2005 8:12:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bad_Aim:

I, one of the few, thought it was good. Glad to see I wasnt the only one. Freebird at the end was an excellent touch.

Jeez, I forgot to mention the soundtrack! Another +1.

You're right, some amazing one liners (and not jokes) but some of the dialogue was lacking.
Link Posted: 11/9/2005 8:13:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/9/2005 8:17:37 PM EDT by captainpooby]

Originally Posted By Bad_Aim:

Jeez, I forgot to mention the soundtrack! Another +1.

You're right, some amazing one liners (and not jokes) but some of the dialogue was lacking.

Playing Freebird was classic diversion from the ending. Had me going.
Link Posted: 11/9/2005 8:14:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/9/2005 8:19:26 PM EDT by captainpooby]
edit:
Link Posted: 11/9/2005 9:43:24 PM EDT
I really enjoyed it in the theater, and will probably buy it when the price drops.

The soundtrack is what made it IMO
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 11:33:11 AM EDT
Was Sheri Moon nekid?
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 12:25:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By chupdog:
Was Sheri Moon nekid?

Just some nice butt shots.
Link Posted: 11/11/2005 8:09:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/11/2005 8:09:58 AM EDT by Zuma]
A huge disappointment. House of 1.000 Corpses was genuinely inspired and creepy. Rejects was dull, pointless and stupid but having the psychos as victims was an interesting twist. Not entirely worthless but way below expectations. (Gotta quit having those damned expectations... )
Link Posted: 11/11/2005 7:52:27 PM EDT
The clown (captain Spaulding) was outstanding. All of the Firefly clan were terrifying. For the budget Rob Zombie had, I think he did well. The cameos were nice, too. It was nice to see the victims not being treated as sympathetic.
Link Posted: 11/11/2005 8:28:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Zuma:
A huge disappointment. House of 1.000 Corpses was genuinely inspired and creepy. Rejects was dull, pointless and stupid but having the psychos as victims was an interesting twist. Not entirely worthless but way below expectations. (Gotta quit having those damned expectations... )

I feel exactly opposite I thought house of 1K was one of the shittiest movies i have ever seen
special effects were poor and i found most of the plot stupid and poorly done (mainly the doctor evil parts) I came very close to walking out and quite a few others did
I however loved the devils rejects
Link Posted: 11/11/2005 8:43:47 PM EDT
How much better is it over House of 1,000 Corpses?

That movie blew ass - bod acting, bad dialog, bad cinematography.

Av.
Link Posted: 11/11/2005 8:47:46 PM EDT
I thought it was a pretty wild ride.
Link Posted: 11/12/2005 4:45:45 AM EDT
I'll have to check it out.

Should I see House of 1,000 Corpses first?
Link Posted: 11/12/2005 4:55:28 AM EDT
Everyone should appreciate it for the simple fact that it wasn't standard cookie cutter hollywood garbage. Zombie set out to create a 70's exploitation and while House wasn't that great, 'the Devil's Rejects was f-in bad ass.
Link Posted: 11/12/2005 5:11:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/12/2005 7:35:15 AM EDT by twl]
Link Posted: 11/12/2005 7:14:05 AM EDT
Are they really horror movies in the traditional sense... "scary"

or just movies that have some seriously horrific, shocking, and/or disturbing shit?
Link Posted: 11/12/2005 8:16:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pathfinder74:

or just movies that have some seriously horrific, shocking, and/or disturbing shit?

A little of both.
Link Posted: 11/12/2005 11:32:40 AM EDT

more of the second not alot of suspence or scares
Link Posted: 11/12/2005 1:05:22 PM EDT

I'll have to check it out.

Should I see House of 1,000 Corpses first?

You should definitely watch them both, so why not watch them in order?
Link Posted: 11/12/2005 1:50:22 PM EDT

Neither, IMHO.

Corpses wasn't all that suspenseful, and there wasn't much gore. A few shots here and there, nothing like Re-Animator or even Land of the Dead.

Go rent Dead Alive if you want gore.

Av.
Link Posted: 11/12/2005 3:13:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Avalon01:
Go rent Dead Alive if you want gore. Av.

Never really liked that one. I was all about the gore movies of the late eighties early nineties. Such classics as Flesh Eating Mothers, Night of the Demons, Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama...
Link Posted: 11/12/2005 11:06:03 PM EDT
It was made to be scary, disturbing, and to push the limits of what a person can stomach in the name of entertainment.

It isnt fucking Bambi and it isnt DEAD ALIVE. It is the "story" of truly... TRULY sick people. They dont tiptoe around the bullshit. They are out to be fucked up and you know it from the second the movie starts.

True horror isnt what you cant see, it is what you can.
Link Posted: 11/14/2005 5:14:46 AM EDT
Great movie, and it showed that bitch from Three's Companys tits!! Great music throughout.
Link Posted: 11/14/2005 9:42:00 AM EDT
Well, I just sat through the 2+hour "30 Days in Hell" documentary on the making of Devil's Rejects (on Disc 2) and I've gotta add that I really respect Rob Zombie's directorial sensibilities and style (although I never much liked his music).

The odd thing about The Devil's Rejects is that I liked everyone in the film -- William Forsythe, Danny Trejo, Ginger Lynn, P.J. Soles, E.G. Daly, Michael Berryman, Ken Foree, Geoffrey Lewis (an amazing collection of non-cameo cameos) -- I just didn't like the film itself as much. House of 1,000 Corpses was bad in many ways but it was uncompromisingly disturbing, which is NOT what The Devils' Rejects was supposed to be, nor is.

I guess what I didn't like about "Rejects" is that it made Otis, Baby and Captain Spaulding a little too human and sympathetic whereas in "Corpses" they were just completely insane. Not a fault, I guess, but it's why I didn't like it as much.

Still, I'd rather sit though it a thousand more times than Kingdom of Heaven even once.

Link Posted: 11/14/2005 8:39:35 PM EDT
Bump for night shift
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:24:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/2/2006 1:01:13 PM EDT by M4Madness]
I've seen it 3 times now, and to quote Beetle Juice, "And it keeps getting funnier every single time I see it!"

Fanny: "What? Are you calling me a whore?"

Captain Spaulding: "I calls 'em like I sees 'em!"

Captain J.T. Spaulding: "I'm gonna have to be taking your car today. See I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have for this here vehicle."

[mutual laughter]

Susan: "What's that about clown business?" [laughs nervously]

Captain J.T. Spaulding: [pause] "Do I stutter, bitch?"

Captain J.T. Spaulding: "What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?"

Jamie: [shakes head crying]

Captain J.T. Spaulding: "Why? Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we fuckin' funny? You best come up with an answer, cos I'm gonna come back here and check on you and your momma and if you ain't got a reason why you hate clowns, I'm gonna kill your whole fucking family."

Jamie: [continues crying]

Captain J.T. Spaulding: "All right, now get your fuckin' ass out the car, go on yayayayayaya." [starts laughing]

Otis B. Driftwood: "I think I can still smell your wife's pussy stink on my gun... hope it doesn't rust the barrel."

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:29:07 PM EDT
<----see avatar....house of 1000 corpses was ok, but devils rejects was much better, imo....not at all what i expected
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:22:37 PM EDT
My favorite line was by Otis: "We come all this way, and this prick pulls a gun on us? Nice fuckin plan, Daisy!"
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:44:22 AM EDT
Hopuse of 1000 corpses was just a train wreck.

Devils rejects is a damn good movie. Even got good reveiws by the mainstream reveiwers.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:12:07 AM EDT
I finally watched it last night. The copy of 1000 Corpses was rented out, though. I rarely get to watch movies, so I went ahead and watched Devil's Rejects.

I thought it was a pretty good movie!

1000 Corpses isn't getting rave reviews in this thread, so I kind of wish I had seen it first.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:26:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By efpeter:

1000 Corpses isn't getting rave reviews in this thread, so I kind of wish I had seen it first.

It has a cool opening.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:03:53 PM EDT
Well, I've seen The Devil's Rejects 6 times now, and still enjoy it as much as the first time. Does that make me some sort of psycho or something?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:55:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M4Madness:
Well, I've seen The Devil's Rejects 6 times now, and still enjoy it as much as the first time. Does that make me some sort of psycho or something?

No.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:01:20 PM EDT
highlight of house of 1000 was sheri moon in assless chaps i daresay
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:42:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By livefreeordieNH:
highlight of house of 1000 was sheri moon in assless chaps i daresay

Well, in The Devil's Rejects you get to see her bare ass without the chaps.
Top Top