Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/2/2004 9:06:10 AM EST
Original message:

Especially if Bush wins again. I'll be surprised if we don't.

I was just out and about in my ~19,000 populated town. There was this mini-van driving around with that puff paint that you see athletic teams put on their cars saying "Go team" etc. Except on this mini-van, it had all kinds of slanderous things about hanoi Jane and Kerry and the Swift Boat vets. I tried to follow the minivan but got caught behind in traffic. I wanted to see exactly what it said. I also have a Kerry/Edwards sticker on and wanted to cut in front of it to see the driver's response! I couldn't do it though. Eeeww that made me mad.

----

Responses:

----

people basically laughed at me and said theres nothing we can do. BS! If Bush wins, we have to stand up and take our country back. Whatever country Malloy was talking about, where the president there wouldnt leave and the people came out in masses and forced him to leave. There's only one war I support, and it's a new civil war. A battle for our country back. Bring em on!

-----

How do we go about fighting it?

I mean, think about all the assualt weapons that are going to flood our street once the AWB is killed by the NRA and republicans. Crazy gun killers are going to br buying uzi's and bazzookas out of every damn trunk on the street. Do we have to stoop to their level and do the same thing?

The thought of having to touch a gun makes my skin crawl to start with.

-----

and she also goes on to say....

You see everywhere that uzis and other assualt weapons are for sale everywhere, CNN just had a special on it. I know for a fact I don't want to live in a country where my 6 year old can buy a gun from the ice cream man.

I read an article in the local newspaper about a guy that robbed a liquor store with a fully automatic revolver, do you want to live in a country like that?

-----

someone with half a brain responded....

You are troubled ...
Cut in front of someone because they had writings on their car windows ? ...
What if someone overreacted and hit something ? ..
What if a child were hurt or killed ? ...
Geeez ....
When I see FREAKS like that: I turn and leave ....

-----

The only good neocon is a dead neocon.

-------

My prediction is if we have a civil war, it will be BORING.
I sense that lots of these arrogant asshats would rather fight than switch. If anyone has anything to fight about, it's Democrats. And we're too bright to fight

and I quote: "hardy fuckin har har"

------

I refuse anymore to take one second of their guff. I got into a small tiff the other day at of all places the rifle range. I had some bozo tell me that Kerry was planning to take everyone's gun away. I told him he was an out an out LIAR just like the rest of the Republicans and demanded he give me one instance where Kerry has ever uttered any such thing. He started back pedaling and I followed after him and called him a coward just like the chickenhawks he backs. He could not get away from me quick enough. I've had it. I am going on the offensive and by God they better be able to back their shit up or catch my wrath. I will not be polite and humble any longer.

------

I saw a picture of John Kerry hunting, I am a vegeterian and it bothered me a little tha the likes to kill things, but we need a president who will be real.

Didn't make me want to get an assualt weapon, but I was happy that John Kerry was a real man.

A real man that gets 1,000 dollar hair cuts, a real man who goes to the tanning beds, a real man who gets botox injections.

------

make him resign.

Democracy is under attack. Florida is proof.

Now even hurricanes are Bush's fault.

------

Said there should be a revolution every now and then to keep things fresh sounds good to me while we are at it lets make our constitution more fair by taking out the part about the electoral college

Yeah, take away the electoral college so no states that lie between california and new york have a say. Hell the constitution seems to be outdated too, let's just burn it, get some more liberal judges and do what we want....

------

We were watching the protests and I said that if Bush steals another election, there would be civil war. I think that it would be nasty. And I'm liable to be one of the nastiest. Even though I'm normally a sweet Libra. But after these four years, I'm ready and willing to change.

-----

Bring it on. This very well armed and proud liberal is sick of the neocon bastards. If it comes down to shooting, well, I'm ready. I'm no Patrick Henry, but I agree with his words.

-----

They're weapons of mass destructiion are going to be cuties and spitballs. And if worse comes to worse they might even triple dog dare us. OH NO!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:07:21 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 9:17:37 AM EST by Torf]
Already been posted here.

Nevermind. I guess I was thinking about another thread I can't find...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:08:29 AM EST
I'm terrified.

No, really.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:09:36 AM EST
BRING IT...please God, let them bring it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:14:46 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 9:15:25 AM EST by Specop_007]

Originally Posted By QuietShootr:

It would be a sad day indeed when Americans had to take up arms against Americans again. I pray this day never comes, and will weep if it does.
DO NOT EVER FORGET THAT.

But then again, I'll not sit by and let them take away my right to own "fully automatic revolvers". And on some strange level, I kinda get all excited thinking about popping a hippie who's shouting PEACE all the while throwing rocks.........
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:15:18 AM EST

I refuse anymore to take one second of their guff. I got into a small tiff the other day at of all places the rifle range. I had some bozo tell me that Kerry was planning to take everyone's gun away. I told him he was an out an out LIAR just like the rest of the Republicans and demanded he give me one instance where Kerry has ever uttered any such thing. He started back pedaling and I followed after him and called him a coward just like the chickenhawks he backs. He could not get away from me quick enough. I've had it. I am going on the offensive and by God they better be able to back their shit up or catch my wrath. I will not be polite and humble any longer.

John Kerry is a cosponsor of S.1431 which would redefine the term "ASSAULT WEAPON" to include post-ban rifles, and make the effective date of the new definition retroactive to 9/13/1994. This would require people who own post-ban "assault rifles" to surrender their rifles or be in violation of the law.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:18:36 AM EST
How can the DUers have a revolution?

Wouldn't they expect the government to do it for them?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:20:09 AM EST

Originally Posted By Specop_007:

It would be a sad day indeed when Americans had to take up arms against Americans again. I pray this day never comes, and will weep if it does.
DO NOT EVER FORGET THAT.

But then again, I'll not sit by and let them take away my right to own "fully automatic revolvers". And on some strange level, I kinda get all excited thinking about popping a hippie who's shouting PEACE all the while throwing rocks.........

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:20:39 AM EST

Originally Posted By Johnny_Reno:
How can the DUers have a revolution?

Wouldn't they expect the government to do it for them?

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:20:56 AM EST
Tens of thousands of dead Iraqis, and thousands more maimed on both sides. But yeah I guess it doesn't matter. If 550 more Floridians had gotten off their ass, everyone lives.

This one fron DU pisses me off
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:21:33 AM EST

Golly gosh, I'm Skeered.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:23:35 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 9:23:49 AM EST by magnum_99]

Yep.

And no, they aren't PREPARED for civil war.

Most don't even know which end of the tube the round comes out of.

It would be a slaughter.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:24:33 AM EST
Do they realize that a civil war isn't the same thing as throwing rocks at a WTO protest?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:26:42 AM EST
"Crazy gun killers are going to br buying uzi's and bazzookas out of every damn trunk on the street."

I wish they would just leave me out of this!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:28:59 AM EST
Which side would get to wear MARPAT?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:29:04 AM EST
Thier idea of Civil War is getting arrested with nylon wire ties ...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:29:12 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:34:30 AM EST

Originally Posted By mac130:
Tens of thousands of dead Iraqis, and thousands more maimed on both sides. But yeah I guess it doesn't matter. If 550 more Floridians had gotten off their ass, everyone lives.

This one fron DU pisses me off

Me too. This asshole seems to be overlooking the 3000 (approx) dead killed in NYC on 9/11. What a total fucktard..........
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:36:53 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 9:38:40 AM EST by NUCdt04]
I'm just counting the days 'till they try this.....

but as has been said- they will have a protest- get arrested and call that their civil war....

weapons cleaned and ready to go

-Roth

*edit*

this is what they'll look like? looks like we get the marpat! wahoo!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:38:13 AM EST
How many of them are REALLY armed? 4 maybe 5?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:40:32 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:43:42 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 9:45:36 AM EST by ScaryGuy]

Bring it Motherfucker. Facts are to Demoncraps as Garlic is to Vampires.

I'd fucking own you.

SG
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:44:24 AM EST

Originally Posted By motown_steve:
John Kerry is a cosponsor of S.1431 which would redefine the term "ASSAULT WEAPON" to include post-ban rifles, and make the effective date of the new definition retroactive to 9/13/1994. This would require people who own post-ban "assault rifles" to surrender their rifles or be in violation of the law.

Uh...I believe that would be un-Constitutional according to Article I, Section 9, paragraph 3 which provides that: "No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed."

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:44:34 AM EST

How do we go about fighting it?

I mean, think about all the assualt weapons that are going to flood our street once the AWB is killed by the NRA and republicans. Crazy gun killers are going to br buying uzi's and bazzookas out of every damn trunk on the street. Do we have to stoop to their level and do the same thing?

The thought of having to touch a gun makes my skin crawl to start with.

This sounds trollish to me. The "uzis and bazookas" line is the same one that O'Reilly uses all of the time. Or is O'Reilly spouting the VPC/HCI line?

Kirk
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:46:12 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 9:48:57 AM EST by motown_steve]

Originally Posted By IamtheNRA:

Uh...I believe that would be un-Constitutional according to Article I, Section 9, paragraph 3 which provides that: "No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed."

Actually no, they could not prosecute you for owning an assault weapon between the effective date of the law, and the date of passage of the law. However, they could pass a retroactive ban and force you to surrender them.

ETA...

It WOULD be in violation of the second amendment, but they have been violating that for 70 years now!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:47:15 AM EST

Since when has the Constitution mattered to these assholes?

"Shall not be Infringed" is awfully damn clear, too, but they seem to go right on Infringin'...

SG
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:51:59 AM EST
"....Do we have to stoop to their level and do the same thing?... The thought of having to touch a gun makes my skin crawl to start with."

Oh bitch please, you couldnt even begin to fathom the hell I'd unleash on you and yours during your so called revolution. If you do have to pick up a gun to "take back YOUR county" make sure its a nice one......cause I'd start collecting.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:52:13 AM EST
I get a kick at how this bozos believe that "their country" was destroyed after only 3.5 years of Pres. GW Bush.
You would think that the "advances" and "progress" made during the 8 years of Pres. Clinton would have had a greater staying power.

CKMorley
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:52:16 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 9:54:09 AM EST by JIMBEAM]

Originally Posted By Greg3:
"Crazy gun killers are going to br buying uzi's and bazzookas out of every damn trunk on the street."

I wish they would just leave me out of this!

Damn I used my last bazzookas last night and the guy selling them out of his trunk in my hood is out. Can someone help me out with a loaner?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:53:57 AM EST
Dear DU,
Having your grandmother's .38 special in your closet does not make you ready to declare war on the Conservatives and Libertarians.

Signed,
Justin (MoreArmedthenallofDU) RealFastV6
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:56:50 AM EST
Sooooo What rifle is best for hippie warriors armed with automatic revolvers and such?

Ohhh please, oh please, oh please!!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:59:51 AM EST
"Gun Killers?"

ooooooooooook
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:01:53 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 10:03:16 AM EST by kindstranger]
You numbskulls! The DUhs are highly armed.....
with.......

<­BR>

SPITBALLS!

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:05:26 AM EST

You see everywhere that uzis and other assualt weapons are for sale everywhere, CNN just had a special on it. I know for a fact I don't want to live in a country where my 6 year old can buy a gun from the ice cream man.

Yeah...lemme get a Choco-taco, an ice cream sammich, a Fudge-cicle...and that SAR, a couple of uzi's....and, um....yeah, I'll take one of them fully automatic revolvers. Is that it? No, gimme some exploding, armor piercing, heat seeking, cop killer teflon coated bullets.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:09:01 AM EST
Just goes to show that as a revolutionary threat, the Left is far more dangerous than the Right. The Right gets all up in arms when they are threatened with confiscation and violation of property rights, the Left gets all up in arms when they feel like entitlement programs may be threatened.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:11:08 AM EST

Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:

Originally Posted By skid2964:
Thier idea of Civil War is getting arrested with nylon wire ties ...

Myself I always assumed the term "Civil War" was a good indication that live ammo was being expneded in prodigous quanities, fortunately the DU types would be somewhat challenged by not having wither guns or mags that hold more than ten rounds.

They have "a .22 and a .38" ....
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:16:03 AM EST

Did this apply when the Lautenberg amendment was passed? A lot of people lost their second amendment rights because of incidents that occured years before the bill was passed.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:19:56 AM EST

Oh yeah. It'd be turkey shoot.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:21:43 AM EST
It is so hard to believe that people are that uneducated and that stupid.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:21:57 AM EST

Originally Posted By BenDover:
Do they realize that a civil war isn't the same thing as throwing rocks at a WTO protest?

Fortunately, no.

(Which just makes it so much more fun for us.)
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:21:58 AM EST
In the United States politically Left leaning groups actually have more history of organized armed resistance than Right leaning groups.

The Weathermen, S.L.A. , and Black Liberation Army of the late 60’s through the 70’s come to mind. The 80’s saw the emergence of A.L.F. which actively has performed fire bombings and destruction of property.

Outside of radical Right to Life supporters I’m struggling to recall a violent politically Right Leaning group. The Right certainly has had its share of individuals (McVeigh), but not group activity.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:22:50 AM EST
Hilarious. "Civil war" eh? That would last for .00000003 seconds.

Naaaah. The most they'll do their little "civil disobedience" act and get arrested. If there's one thing I've learned in my web surfings, it's that 1: Liberals hate facts and the truth, and 2: They can only talk, they cannot "do". The "Million Mom March" is proof of that.

I also challenge them: How is today any worse than during the Clinton years? Prove it to me. Not one civil liberty has been suspended... the only difference is that they have a President that isn't "pro choice" and stuff like that. It's funny how they ignore the fact that Clinton admitted smoking Pot but they flout the unfounded allegations that Bush has done cocaine every chance they get.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:25:36 AM EST

Originally Posted By taptap:
In the United States politically Left leaning groups actually have more history of organized armed resistance than Right leaning groups.

The Weathermen, S.L.A. , and Black Liberation Army of the late 60’s through the 70’s come to mind. The 80’s saw the emergence of A.L.F. which actively has performed fire bombings and destruction of property.

Outside of radical Right to Life supporters I’m struggling to recall a violent politically Right Leaning group. The Right certainly has had its share of individuals (McVeigh), but not group activity.

Yes, and which one of those groups did not have their ass handed to them?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:31:46 AM EST

Originally Posted By kindstranger:
You numbskulls! The DUhs are highly armed.....
with.......

SPITBALLS!

That'll leave a mark!

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:31:58 AM EST

Heard of a van that is loaded with weapons,
packed up and ready to go
Heard of some gravesites, out by the highway,
a place where nobody knows
The sound of gunfire, off in the distance,
I'm getting used to it now

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:34:00 AM EST

Klu Klux Klan
Posse Comitatus
Aryan Nations
Christian Identity Movement
The Order
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:34:13 AM EST

Yes, and which one of those groups did not have their ass handed to them?

To an extent, All of them.

I was trying to make the point that besides bitching and moaning on a website, historically, They have been more liable to take action than Us.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:41:08 AM EST

DU POST
Is the Republican Party just a DEATH CULT?

All I have heard this week is

DEATH DEATH DEATH

KILL KILL KILL

TERROR TERROR TERROR

The Reagan necrophilia, the 9/11 exploitation, the war-mongering, the fear-stoking. Who ARE these people?

Very similar to the Nazi/SS. The mob reaction last night was reminiscent of Hitler's rallies

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:43:42 AM EST

Originally Posted By ScaryGuy:

Since when has the Constitution mattered to these assholes?

"Shall not be Infringed" is awfully damn clear, too, but they seem to go right on Infringin'...

SG

This wouldn't be "ex post facto", as it wouldn't make it a crime to have owned an AW before the law takes effect, only to continue to own an AW after the law takes effect.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:45:31 AM EST

Originally Posted By Rip_Roarin_Wacko:

Klu Klux Klan
Posse Comitatus
Aryan Nations
The Order

I had considered them to be Hate groups. The rhetoric always seemed more hotair than action.

Certainly members of these groups have acted alone, I didn’t believe their actions where part of an organized resistance effort to effect Political change.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:45:49 AM EST

Originally Posted By Rip_Roarin_Wacko:

Klu Klux Klan
Posse Comitatus
Aryan Nations
The Order

These seem to be white supremicist movements, which i wouldnt call conservative.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top