Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 1/11/2005 5:31:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2005 5:32:33 PM EDT by Planerench]
Twenty minutes after launching for the evening flight (1620hrs)we got an attempt to locate on a 1055 (intoxicated) driver. Found him five minutes later on the same road headed the same direction as initially reported. Silver Taurus. BAD weaving. Like watching PONG from the center line to the fog line and over again.

Just got the follow up call and they said he only blew a .19 BAC but they had to 'pour' him out of the car. They found some sort of depressant pills in the car and the officer estimated him to be acting .30. No one got hurt and the guy is in the tank. Gave me a good feeling after an otherwise crappy day. Planerench out.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:34:13 PM EDT
Good hunt. Got a potential murder/suicide off the road.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:36:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Planerench:
Twenty minutes after launching for the evening flight (1620hrs)we got an attempt to locate on a 1055 (intoxicated) driver. Found him five minutes later on the same road headed the same direction as initially reported. Silver Taurus. BAD weaving. Like watching PONG from the center line to the fog line and over again.

Just got the follow up call and they said he only blew a .19 BAC but they had to 'pour' him out of the car. They found some sort of depressant pills in the car and the officer estimated him to be acting .30. No one got hurt and the guy is in the tank. Gave me a good feeling after an otherwise crappy day. Planerench out.

sounds like me after a H-town crew get together
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:38:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:41:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DoubleFeed:
Hadn't heard "fog line" before.

That is the white line on the outside of the lane.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:46:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:54:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DoubleFeed:
Hadn't heard "fog line" before.

That is the white line on the outside of the lane.

I drove a secondary road in the Smokey Mountains on my motorcycle at night following that line.  The fog was so thick it was all I could see.  Talk about an elevated pucker factor.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:24:25 AM EDT

he only blew a .19 BAC the officer estimated him to be acting .30

I don't like the sound of this, the next thing they will have is chart for LE. He only blew a.02 but he acted .1 according to the chart therefore he was legally drunk, guilty as charged.

Don't get me wrong, I hate drunks more than anyone and I myself will not have a single drink of anything if I'm driving. Matters not whether it's a simple champaign toast, I won't do it. This past week two women who were extrememly popular in the community were killed by a DD. I had planned on writing the newspaper because the DD had his license revoked, had been arrested multiple times for DWI, it was the perfect parallel argument against gun control. THe law did all it could, but yet the drunk still drove and killed people.
Top Top