Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2001 9:11:39 PM EDT
[url]http://www.guncontrol.ca/Content/TheCaseForGunControl.html[/url]

I have noticed that the anti's have been spinning the crime statistics.  They now focus only on gun related death and gun related suicide.  

Edit... fixed the link
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 9:13:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.guncontrol.ca/Content/TheCaseForGunControl.html[/url]

I have noticed that the anti's have been spinning the crime statistics.  They now focus only on gun related death and gun related suidice.  
View Quote

And they're FRENCH! [:(!]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 9:31:41 PM EDT
[#2]
The gun control advocates are beaten back in this country at least as compared to France, Britian, and Australia.  Many gun control advocates in this country get support from other countries.  I don't think we can ignore what they are saying..... Be Prepared!
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 9:34:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Kick the tires and light the fires.  
It is just like Europe to forget the men of the United States, who were trained skilled marksmen from a young age, are responsibe for their freedom as well as ours.  Those who do not learn form histroy are doomed to repeat it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 9:34:50 PM EDT
[#4]
That's why I remark on this forum the importance to think "worldwide" and not only what is happening in the good ol' USA. Whoever thinks that gun control is only an Clinton/american affair will soon see the BATF knocking for his/her gun at the door...
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 10:58:03 PM EDT
[#5]
M15A2, they only remember the skilled marksmen who kicked thier ass, whether it was 1776 , 1812 , 1917 , or 1943. Hey! , I just figured out we've been kicking europes ass for 3 centuries with our well trained marksmen , its no wonder they would like to see us disarmed.[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 11:04:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
M15A2, they only remember the skilled marksmen who kicked thier ass, whether it was 1776 , 1812 , 1917 , or 1943. Hey! , I just figured out we've been kicking europes ass for 3 centuries with our well trained marksmen , its no wonder they would like to see us disarmed.[sniper]
View Quote

LOL!
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 11:44:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Why dont there anti's get it right! It's the bad apples, dont punish the rest of us.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 12:24:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I wrote a mail to this GC site:
"I don't hope (like all other gun-control sites I contacted) to receive a personal response, but anyway I read carefully statistics you put about correlation of guns-crime rate. You have only to explain one simple thing: How come that UK Govt.(the worst place after Japan for a firearms enthusiasts), that in Europe has the most restrictive laws about gun control, is thinking to give firearms to their "bobbies"? Maybe Gun control is NOT bringing firearms away from criminals and not from law-abiding citizien (as easily predictable)??? Tell me the difference between Remington 100 and Springfield M14... since the moment that they have the SAME MECHANICS! I think that your position is extreme and it will not implement more security."

Do you think that they will ever answer me?

I tried to wrtte also to the following:

-HCI: no mail
-CPHV: answer with a "anti gun manifesto". No answer to my questions
-Amnesty International: no answer
-IANSA: no answer
-Killguns.org: no answer
-PETA: no answer
-VillageNews: no answer

If their goal is to show that they're not for freedom (included the freedom of opinion based on dialogue) they succeeded in an astonishing manner...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top