BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/23/2013 6:28:44 PM EDT

Sorry If Dupe

Link - Dream Defenders Occupy Capitol

TALLAHASSEE —When the young activists known as the Dream Defenders marched into Gov. Rick Scott's office last week, few observers expected the group to attract much attention.

Seven days later, it has proven hard to ignore.

What began as a modest protest has morphed into a week-long occupation of the Florida Capitol. The organizers, most of whom are college students and young professionals, say they are prepared to stay for weeks or even months — as long as it takes for Scott to call a special session on racial profiling and the state's controversial "stand your ground" law.

Nevermind that Scott has refused, making the odds of a special session almost nonexistent.

"We stay until we win," said Gabriel Pendas, one of the group's co-founders.

Over the past week, the Dream Defenders have emerged as a well-organized coalition with the keen ability to remain in the news cycle. On Tuesday, they announced plans to hold weekly demonstrations in the Florida Capitol, a strategy akin to the Moral Monday protests taking place in North Carolina. The Dream Defenders news conference was broadcast live on the Internet.

In the end, the Dream Defenders may not be able to win a special session, but they may succeed in prompting legislative action through another route. Sen. Chris Smith, a Fort Lauderdale Democrat, is calling for a hearing on the "stand your ground'' law during the Legislature's next committee week in September.

Democratic leaders in the House are on board with the idea.

"The kids have the right idea taking it right to the governor," House Minority Leader Perry Thurston, also of Fort Lauderdale, said. "We're trying to have a compromise by having a common-sense conversation addressing those issues."

The Dream Defenders began their protest July 16, three days after George Zimmerman was acquitted in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black 17-year-old.

If only I had a few canisters of CS still  Seriously, get the fuck out of there, asshats.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Its too bad I have a job and have to work or I would be there defending "stand your ground" must be nice just to be able to suck off the govt tit. I hope the put up barriers and leave the asshats outside in the heat, I bet a hurricane would change their minds.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:33:22 PM EDT
[#2]
What a bunch of misinformed fools who are manipulated by the MSM.  St. Skittles was no angel and isn't the cherub faced boy he was  when he was twelve.

If those bozos were really concerned, how about the folks killed daily in Iraq via IEDs?  How about the folks killed by drones?  How about the Americans killed by drones?  How about all the scandals around the Chief Occupier of the Whine Haus?  Does NSA spying mean anything?  How about the embarrassing situation involving Snowden?  How about the LIBOR scandal?  How about the Too Big to Jail?  How about IRS-Gate?  How about Benghazi-gate?  How about Fast 'N Furious?  How about the bankruptcy of Detroit and how many other local entities are also racing to the bottom?  How about the high unemployment?  How about the 101 million Americans on some sort of food subsidies?  How about 49 million strong FSA?  

Easier yet?  How about the black on black crimes/homicides?

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Nah, if they want to display their ignorance in the state capitol, that's their right.  Besides, all over Florida there are blacks who aren't in jail because of SYG, and right now they're getting quite an education.  

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:34:31 PM EDT
[#4]

FSA?
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Let them sit there until their personal hygiene presents a health hazard and then forcibly remove them.

Or just remove them anyway.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#6]
meh...It's Florida and it will be August in a few days.  Let's see how dedicated they really are.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't care what he's become, but I sure miss Jeb. Something similar happened, and he had the losers arrested. Then he got re-elected.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:38:44 PM EDT
[#8]
SYG is what its all about.because in the words of jessie ja kson "blacks will suffer the most from it"
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:40:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Couple grand I can get some friends to drive down and beat ass wholesale. open a shoe store in every hippy motherfuckers asshole.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#10]
What's up with the finger snapping??  They think they are beatniks or something?
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:45:46 PM EDT
[#11]
don't we have a Constitution to deal with this???

THROW THEM OUT..we are not governed by Mob rule...

at least that's what I hear every time I mention a true march on DC and throwing them SOBS out on the street..
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

meh...It's Florida and it will be August in a few days.  Let's see how dedicated they really are.
View Quote

FLHTF Road trip?

Gov. Scott would probably turn a blind eye to any amateur riot police activities on our part, I'm sure
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:48:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Not having a job really opens up the free time doesn't it?
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:48:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Stand your ground is good lawmaking, and in fact blacks have benefited from it the most of any race.

Liberals are just stupid.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Screw the hippies and screw Rick Scott. I hope they stink up the Capitol and deuce up his lawn.

The law is fine but the longer he allows these idiots to hang out the worse it's going to be when you do have to force them out.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Obummer himself  co-sponsored the Illinois Stand Your Ground law in 2008. Again Hypocrisy raises its ugly head
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:52:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Not having a job really opens up the free time doesn't it?
View Quote

This is another SEIU backed bullshit snowjob.

It's an organized protest comprised of professional protesters.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:52:36 PM EDT
[#18]
So they are standing thier ground in hopes of changing the law.....
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#19]
They out of bulldozers? Clear 'em out.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Send everyone who works in the Capitol on a 3 day vacation.

Shut down A/C and water.  

????

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:05:16 PM EDT
[#21]
I wrote the governor an email thanking him for representing Floridians on this issue instead of outsiders such as these "Dream" retards.

I encourage all floridians to do the same, even if you disagree with him on other issues.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:06:09 PM EDT
[#22]
We better write letters of support to Gov. Scott otherwise he may bow to political pressure to get reelected.  He's a politician after all and he only beat his competitor by 68,000 votes in 2010.  That ain't many in Florida.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:09:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
SYG is what its all about.because in the words of jessie ja kson "blacks will suffer the most from it"
View Quote

Maybe they shouldn't attack people then they wouldn't have to worry about it
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:11:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Partition off a square of asphalt in the back of the parking lot, set up a couple of porta-potties upwind, and let the hipsters protest and stew in their own juices till they get tired of it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:12:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Partition off a square of asphalt in the back of the parking lot, set up a couple of porta-potties upwind, and let the hipsters protest and stew in their own juices till they get tired of it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Let me tell you what's funny out moral Monday protests in North Carolina ...a bunch of anti protesters showed up in Raleigh and supported the welfare cuts and said fuck you . The zeeks were so angry
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#27]

Purple Guy in the back, who's he tries to impress in order to fuck?
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:39:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=54319

Purple Guy in the back, who's he tries to impress in order to fuck?
View Quote

The guy with the "POWER" hat.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:42:48 PM EDT
[#29]
"Young professionals"

Professional what? ....layabouts?
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Guests of the State.
Drag them out.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:50:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

FSA?
View Quote

Future leaders of American business and government?

No, I will go with FSA.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:34:19 PM EDT
[#32]
what's the name of that commie org.  the kenyan and friends put together?    get fucked and keep your thugs in your own neighborhood because we will shoot them if they get stupid.  Capiche?
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:39:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

I was really hoping the Hippie fucks would have stayed through December, when they were stinking up Wall St.
Hypothermia killed Hippies warms my heart.

In this case, Dehydration and Heat stroke will do as well.

As a counter protest, a half dozen guys with mirrors to point at the freaks, would be fun entertainment.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:41:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Leave them in the capitol and close up shop for a week.   Make sure to lock the doors.   Charge anyone that breaks a door or window with vandalism.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:39:47 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote
As I posted before. Apparently they benefit  from it the most.

From Allen West.

"In a sure case of foot in mouth disease, seems US Attorney General Eric Holder, speaking in Florida, may want to study up on Stand Your Ground use in the Sunshine State, my home. Based on data maintained by Tampa Bay Times, approximately one-third of Florida Stand Your Ground claims in fatal cases have been made by black defendants, as a defense with a 55% success rate. Blacks used Stand Your Ground defenses at nearly twice the rate of their percentage of Florida's population (16.6% in 2012). As well, it seems the majority of victims in Florida Stand Your Ground cases have been white. Either Attorney General Holder is incompetent or ignorant, regardless, we all await his clarification, or correction, of his comments before the NAACP in Orlando."

Then we have this attempt to debunk that, but is contradictory, and then ends with this paragraph that seems to support the stats. Notice how they use "killers" and "killings". They think any time someone is killed it`s bad and should be against the law?

There's one specific situation in which blacks "benefited" from the "stand your ground" law, if you will. Killings of whites by blacks were slightly more likely to be found justified than killings of whites by whites. But otherwise, the law has been less than helpful to the state's black community. Nearly four-in-five killings of black people where it has been invoked have resulted in the killer being freed. It's hard to see the benefit in that.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:46:57 PM EDT
[#36]
They want decent people to be powerless to defend themselves.  It's Bolshevism lite, but if they have their way the end results will be equally horrific.  Don't underestimate this.  They may be FSA and spoiled liberal college kids and professional whiners, but contrary to our founding father's wishes we now have a democracy and they are the ones reproducing faster than we are (and we're being forced to subsidize it).
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:15:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

http://www.tampabay.com/resources/images/dti/rendered/2013/07/0431552987_11182732_8col.jpg

No, I will go with FSA.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FSA?

http://www.tampabay.com/resources/images/dti/rendered/2013/07/0431552987_11182732_8col.jpg

No, I will go with FSA.

actually they pretty much look like GOVERNMENT employee's probably low level DOJ clerks given the day off to gin up trouble so They can turn Florida Bright Blue instead of Purple.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:20:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What a bunch of misinformed fools who are manipulated by the MSM.  St. Skittles was no angel and isn't the cherub faced boy he was  when he was twelve.

If those bozos were really concerned, how about the folks killed daily in Iraq via IEDs?  How about the folks killed by drones?  How about the Americans killed by drones?  How about all the scandals around the Chief Occupier of the Whine Haus?  Does NSA spying mean anything?  How about the embarrassing situation involving Snowden?  How about the LIBOR scandal?  How about the Too Big to Jail?  How about IRS-Gate?  How about Benghazi-gate?  How about Fast 'N Furious?  How about the bankruptcy of Detroit and how many other local entities are also racing to the bottom?  How about the high unemployment?  How about the 101 million Americans on some sort of food subsidies?  How about 49 million strong FSA?  

Easier yet?  How about the black on black crimes/homicides?

View Quote

Excellent summary, emphasis added.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:21:54 AM EDT
[#39]
"the worlds is ours".

The fuck it is.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:23:27 AM EDT
[#40]
young professionals

prepared to stay for weeks or even months
View Quote

These two things do not agree with eachother.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:04:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

FLHTF Road trip?

Gov. Scott would probably turn a blind eye to any amateur riot police activities on our part, I'm sure
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FLHTF Road trip?

I'd be game for that.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:08:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:24:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
"the worlds is ours".

The fuck it is.
View Quote

MOLON LABE.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:29:37 AM EDT
[#44]
3 water cannons... Problem solved..
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:30:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:45:28 AM EDT
[#46]

The costs to the state have been adding up.

FDLE has spent about $37,000 in overtime for police officers at the
Capitol, Plessinger said. And the FDLE's Tallahassee regional
operational office has spent an additional $5,000 in management costs.

The Dream Defenders themselves have had a few hiccups.

On Monday, the group received a letter from the Department of
Agriculture and Consumer Services saying it had not filed the necessary
paperwork to solicit cash and in-kind donations. It may be facing fines.
It submitted the application Tuesday, Dream Defenders legal and policy
director Ahmad Abuznaid said.

The group has also had to deflect allegations that it is pursuing a union-driven agenda.

The property services workers' union 32BJ SEIU pays Agnew $29,000
annually to run the Dream Defenders. And Pendas was on the union payroll
for several months last year.

Both deny that the union created the Dream Defenders or has any control over the group's mission or policies.

"To say that some union is masterminding us is an insult," Agnew said. "Give a little more credit to the youth of Florida."

View Quote

How about "Fuck You"?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:49:31 AM EDT
[#47]
college students and young professionals, say they are prepared to stay for weeks or even months
View Quote

Professional what? Agitators? They obviously don't work for a living.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:52:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Long summer, no jobs, no school.....and this crap.

Yes the "young professionals" means the MSM is doing their part.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:53:41 AM EDT
[#49]

Let them stay; Charge them rent.

Being members of the FSA, they'll scoot outta there if they have to pay to stay.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:55:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.....

(The title of the movie that line is from is pretty profound in this context.....)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top