Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/24/2002 2:50:13 PM EDT
O.K., I know there have been threads about silver bullets and such but...I've just finished playing Resident Evil:Nemesis and I was thinking...What kind of ammo would you use to best kill zombies. Taking into consideration zombies die from being shot in the head once(at least in the movies). I'm thinking maybe Aguilla IQ .45 and maybe some type of V-MAX, A-MAX Hornady type stuff for AR's. I figure the more explosive stuff would work better. Just trying to plan for any situation with the way things are going nowadays...Hell might get full, radiation from nukes, whatever! Alright, maybe I've been watching to many movies lately.rocko.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 2:56:12 PM EDT
anything full auto would be good did you notice how the "AR"'s mag seems to contain about 1200 rounds?
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 7:44:59 PM EDT
00 buckshot. With a dozen or so trying to surround you, it's probably best to just point and shoot. Plus you stand the chance of hitting more than one with each shot and even if it's not hit in the head, it will slow them down. The downfall of course is the shell cpacity, but then again, if the world was invaded by zombies, I'm sure no one would complain about a 10 shell mag tub extention on your beneli or the fact that you have an illegal Street Sweeper.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 7:48:43 PM EDT
In regards to using a AR on Zombies you have to remember how to hold the Ar-15. Right hand on the pistol grip and you left hand on top of the carry handle while shooting from the hip. If you have any question about AR againist zombies check out the movie Dawn of the Dead.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 7:50:25 PM EDT
zombie ammo......sheesh.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 8:00:38 PM EDT
I would go with Black Talons, if they can kill a LEO in body armor, they can take out your average zombie.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 8:22:52 PM EDT
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/coyote3%2Fhehc%2Ejpg[/img] coyote3
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 9:21:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Sixgun357: In regards to using a AR on Zombies you have to remember how to hold the Ar-15. Right hand on the pistol grip and you left hand on top of the carry handle while shooting from the hip. If you have any question about AR againist zombies check out the movie Dawn of the Dead.
View Quote
Hey now that was a GREAT movie!! [img]http://www.horrorfindweekend.com/images2002/foree.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 9:38:12 PM EDT
If you have any question about AR against zombies check out the movie Dawn of the Dead.
View Quote
I can’t even begin to explain how badly that movie freaked me out as a kid (I think I was eight or nine). As to the zombie ammo, coyote3 is on the right track though; I personally would want to fire it out of this [img]http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/mk-19-dvic559.jpg[/img] Using HEDP instead of HEHC [rocket]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 9:41:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 10:18:28 PM EDT
Remember that zombies are soft and rotten, so just about any ammo from any gun would work. When (not if) zombies attack your neighborhood, I reccomend fortifying your house with lumber and furniture and if possible sand bags. Simply nailing wood to the windows is not good enough. When they are together in numbers, they can push those nails right out of the wall. I would use wood screws for a better grip on the wall; however, nails are ok for getting them up quickly, you can reinforce with screws later. Longer the screws are the better. Remember to use heavy furniture in addition for reinforcement. If you have a brick house you are in better shape. If you have a basement, try to barricade it extremely well so you don't have to put defenders down there. It may be a good idea to have one or two defenders down there anyway, so they watch your back and make sure there are no breaches down there. If you barricade it well enough, you should only have to worry about non-zombies trying to force there way into your home and seeking refuge because they did not prepare for the very dangerous zombie threat. As for firearms, have somebody busy loading all the magazines you have for any guns you have collectively (you have formed a zombie plan with close neighbors, friends and relatives, havn't you?). Use your military surplus bolt action rifles first. These have heavy ammo and are relatively slow to fire. If you have to desert your base, you would want to bring your semi-auto rifles with you, and if you used that ammo up first it would be a bad situation. Have pre-assigned sectors of defense for everybody, but allow for a particularly heavy attack on one or two certain sides of the house. In the event of a heavy attack from one or two sides, bring almost everybody to defend those sides, but leave a couple at the other walls watching your six. Don't let any annoying people with sick daughters into you fortress and let them boss you around, telling you where you can go and what you can do in your own house. If any of you have seen the documentary from 1991, aptly named "Night of the Living Dead," then you know what I am talking about. I have seen several other zombie attack documentaries over the years, so they do happen, and we probably are about due for another attack. Prepare! Prepare! For there is no more room in Hell, the dead shall walk the Earth!
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 11:09:03 PM EDT
Don't you remember Quake? "Thou canst not kill that which doth not live. But you can blast it into chunky kibble." Gimme 40mm HE! FFZ
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 11:42:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/24/2002 11:43:39 PM EDT by Imbroglio]
I would go with a cell phone with the police dock on autodial. Good Independent film: [url=www.leadrainentertainment.com]Seige Of The Dead[/url] Only costs $10. They had lots of guns, but the muzzle flashes were cgi. I dunno if the people that did the movie come here or not.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:35:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/26/2002 5:38:24 AM EDT by Sixgun357]
I just went and saw the trailer for Seige of the Dead. Looks pretty cool I might actually order it. They really did look like a bunch of AR15.com fans.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:55:03 AM EDT
Originally Posted By FreeFireZone: Don't you remember Quake? "Thou canst not kill that which doth not live. But you can blast it into chunky kibble." Gimme 40mm HE! FFZ
View Quote
They weren't the biggest or most dangerous enemy, but they gave me the willies everytime I heard flesh smacking into walls. I also didn't like having to fight my way out of a sewer with a shotgun or nailgun while 6-7 zombies are pelting you with pieces of their face! By far the freakiest BG in Quake 1 was the Fiend! Having this thing come flying at you with 18" claws and the agility of Alien3, was enough to make me freak out.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 9:16:16 AM EDT
[i]"I was here to talk about raising the dead. Not resurrection. I'm not that good. I mean zombies. The shambling dead. Rotting corpses. Night of the living dead. That kind of zombie . . . . It's a job, that's all, like selling."[/i] Anita Blake (Guilty Pleasures, page 1, paragraph 1) *Commentary * Zombies are the undead. They are people who have been raised from the dead by an animator or voodoo priest. They have no conscious thoughts of their own, and they are not considered beings with rights. They cannot be sustained for very long, unless drastic measures are used. (1) Feeding a zombie flesh, or raw meat wiill allow it to retain it's appearance for a longer period of time. (2) Capturing the soul at death and putting it back into a reanimated body will keep the body from rotting. If you have a zombie problem, then it infers that you've got a problem with either animators, voodoo priests, or satanists. Zombies don't raise themselves. Most likely, some animator is being careless, criminally careless. Uncontrolled zombies give animators a bad name. Zombies with no bosses tend to eat people. As for killing zombies, shooting them is not the best idea, unless it is to incapacitate the zombie long enough to call in an exterminator {flamethrower} team. Flame and burning is the only thing that will kill a zombie. Alternatively, an animator that is more powerful than the animator that raised the zombie can control it. Or - least desirable method - you can kill the animator, voodoo priest that animated the zombie in the first place. Without the magic conveyed by the original animator, the zombie dies . . .
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 9:25:19 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Sixgun357: In regards to using a AR on Zombies you have to remember how to hold the Ar-15. Right hand on the pistol grip and you left hand on top of the carry handle while shooting from the hip. If you have any question about AR againist zombies check out the movie Dawn of the Dead.
View Quote
"The only person who could miss with this is the sonovabitch who can afford it." Love that movie! Seriously, flesh-eating zombies are often the result of being raised by untrained Animators who don't know how to control them, or by someone genuinely evil who intended to release such a scourge. Flamethrowers might be helpful as a short-term deterrent, but you really need to find a trained Animator to put the zombies to rest. Then turn the flamethrower on the idiot/malevolent being who raised them in the first place.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 9:27:10 AM EDT
Wooden bullets with a cross mark on them?
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 9:29:24 AM EDT
Please! Everyone knows zombie fighting is all about CQB. Zombies might be strong, but you can still hack them in half with a machette. The perfect setup would be a M4 with a high twist rate and soft point ammunition, if you are worried abou reliability in such drastic conditions buy an AK-74. That bullet (5.45mm) makes excellent wounds.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 9:49:14 AM EDT
Remember that zombies are dead and rotting, so you don't want a rifle. Something firing heavy slugs at low velocity is desirable. Shotguns are great, but they have limited capacity and zombies to roam in very large groups. Ideally you should use a Thompson, or similar large caliber submachinegun capable of spewing large amounts of heavy projectiles in a short period of time. Forget about grenade launchers. As Matt already stated, zombie killing is all about CQB, and the grenades won't go off at less than 40-50 yards. Animators and voodoo priests (and priestesses) are a danger, but one must also prepare for the plague zombies (reference Omega Man for details). Larger numbers of slightly more intelligent zombies are the result of the plague and must be reckoned with.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 10:14:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/26/2002 10:18:17 AM EDT by Spearweasel]
PREPARING FOR THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE: Practice makes perfect. 1) Secure your tinfoil hat firmly with duct tape, and remember to pray a lot. 2) [b]The only shots that count are headshots, so practice.[/b] Purchase 1000 cantalopes and honeydews, and place them around your wooded compound between 3' (zombie kids) and 7' (zombie basketball players)above the ground. Practice blasting them into bits at high speeds, both close up and far away. By the time you shoot all 1000 melons, you'll be all set. 3) [b]If zombie chew don't break the skin, then zombie chew don't mean zombie you.[/b] Consider wearing plastic snake guards on your shins, and SCA legal leather bracers on your forearms. It is a well known fact that unwary survivors always get bit by supposedly incapacitated zombies on these body parts, and this negligible bit of extra weight will save you an eternity of embarassment. Also wear good gloves. 4) [b]When in doubt, hit 'em again.[/b] Zombies are all the time getting up after you shoot them, usually to bite your unwary ass. If you don't see splattered brains, give ol' Mr. Zombie a love tap with a baseball bat, or your rifle butt. 5) Be willing to shoot zombie kids, puppy dogs, and your dead wife Ethel. They all want to eat you. Don't worry, it's nothing personal, and the same goes for them. Shoot now, apologize later. More to follow as I think of them. Good luck, and good hunting.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 12:16:17 PM EDT
I used to have a problem with zombies around here. I found the best way to deal with them is to watch the obituaries and after they bury the body I quickly dig them up and smash their heads with a sledge hammer. This seems to have alleviated the menace.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 12:19:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AR15: I used to have a problem with zombies around here. I found the best way to deal with them is to watch the obituaries and after they bury the body I quickly dig them up and smash their heads with a sledge hammer. This seems to have alleviated the menace.
View Quote
I bet you have a 100% success rate with that technique... not one corpse reanimates after you do that, right? [;)]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 12:46:23 PM EDT
So far it's been 100%, but lately I've been wondering if I shouldn't dismember them completely.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 1:10:45 PM EDT
USAS-12 automatic shotgun, preferably with detachable 20 round drum magazine. [img]http://www.wapahani.com/usas12~1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 1:44:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Bishop223: Remember that zombies are soft and rotten, so just about any ammo from any gun would work. When (not if) zombies attack your neighborhood, I reccomend fortifying your house with lumber and furniture and if possible sand bags. Simply nailing wood to the windows is not good enough. When they are together in numbers, they can push those nails right out of the wall. I would use wood screws for a better grip on the wall; however, nails are ok for getting them up quickly, you can reinforce with screws later. Longer the screws are the better. Remember to use heavy furniture in addition for reinforcement. If you have a brick house you are in better shape. If you have a basement, try to barricade it extremely well so you don't have to put defenders down there. It may be a good idea to have one or two defenders down there anyway, so they watch your back and make sure there are no breaches down there. If you barricade it well enough, you should only have to worry about non-zombies trying to force there way into your home and seeking refuge because they did not prepare for the very dangerous zombie threat. As for firearms, have somebody busy loading all the magazines you have for any guns you have collectively (you have formed a zombie plan with close neighbors, friends and relatives, havn't you?). Use your military surplus bolt action rifles first. These have heavy ammo and are relatively slow to fire. If you have to desert your base, you would want to bring your semi-auto rifles with you, and if you used that ammo up first it would be a bad situation. Have pre-assigned sectors of defense for everybody, but allow for a particularly heavy attack on one or two certain sides of the house. In the event of a heavy attack from one or two sides, bring almost everybody to defend those sides, but leave a couple at the other walls watching your six.
View Quote
Hey bishop! you forgot the most important anti-zombie defense item you can have (well after a 12 anyway) A steel cranium cap. The best defense for protecting you tasty undead-pain easing brain. K-pots and kevlar will work wonders. Body armor is a good idea too, especially the kind designed against edged/stabbing weapons. If you cant afford the expensive body armor you can order those cheap chainmail shirts from those cheap knife catalogs. It'll protect your innards from being ripped out with those zombie claws. Also, other good item to keep handy are: A stun gun. when the reach for your throat...SHOCK'EM!! A hatchet because the batteries you put in your stun gun were lame. Multiple flashlights. They just cant all go out when you need them the most. Kerosene and a lighter. heh A Katana or Chainsaw. Preferebly the chainsaw. Never know when you may have to "Bad Ash" on them. dont forget extra fuel. Survival tips: When a Zombie falls, it is not truly dead, just mostly dead. Shoot or maim for a couple more minutes before reaching down to see if its all dead. Never walk/stand near windows, even if boarded. Never walk out alone or yell your friends name to see if him/her is in the woods. White people are bad about this. always have a battle buddy to watch your six. Make sure you car is fully fueled and has a good battery. A large car/truck/van is peferable in case you need to run something over. Carry a spare tire. lib-the zombie hunter
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 2:09:55 PM EDT
I can't believe THIS thread has lived this long. Zombie Ammo! TRG
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 2:40:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AR15: So far it's been 100%, but lately I've been wondering if I shouldn't dismember them completely.
View Quote
Yeah, remember the homeless hitchhiker in that stephen king movie (creepshow 2?) that got squished under the car and kept saying "thanks for the ride lady". Dismemberment would have solved her problem. Imagine Gallagher bashing in zombies. "Its the sledge-0-matic"
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 3:45:05 PM EDT
what about an ax incase you run out of ammo for the close quaters stuff? I think it would be wiser to keep these zombies at a distance so a 45/70 sharps or the big gun .50 BMG. For real up close what about a 37mm with those wood baton rounds that corrections officers use would they be up close? Hey Flares out of the 37mm they would be Good!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know much about zombies we just have the normal werewolves and vampires around here. So a large amount of win silver tips for my 40 has been enough but if and when the zombies arrive maybe I should be perpared.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:05:34 PM EDT
Wow! I never realized so many people besides me planned for this kind of SHTF. Whenever I talk about this at work everyone kind of backs away slowly. I think alot of you are well prepared, as you should be! I agree with the shotgun, chainsaw and a few others, but the .50 and 37mm's and grenades are a bit much for zombies. I don't think anything that extreme should be wasted, yeah wasted, on zombies. Also, DON'T TRUST YOURS OR YOUR LOVED ONES LIVES WITH A STUNGUN!! It will not work on the undead! Watch for me, I'll be the big guy crackin' heads with a 5lb. mace.rocko.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:25:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/26/2002 4:26:17 PM EDT by Spearweasel]
[img]http://www.zombiejuice.com/zsurvival/graphics/survtl1.gif[/img] [img]http://www.zombiejuice.com/zsurvival/graphics/survtl2.gif[/img] [url=http://www.zombiejuice.com/zsurvival/index.html]Zombie Survival Tips![/url] Keeping the dream alive, one destroyed flesh-eating ghoul at a time! Love, Spearweasel Zombie Eradication Teams
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:03:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AR15: I used to have a problem with zombies around here. I found the best way to deal with them is to watch the obituaries and after they bury the body I quickly dig them up and smash their heads with a sledge hammer. This seems to have alleviated the menace.
View Quote
I've been thinking of filling out a Pre-Need Funeral Plan. My request would be that after death, I be cremated and my ashes scattered in running water. That pretty well precludes any type of after-death activity. The g/f, bless her heart, has offered to take care of the matter. I don't know whether to be pleased or [i]frightened![/i] [xx(]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:22:05 PM EDT
One of my friends just called and told me that salt should work on them has any one else heard of this. I could put this into some 37mm shells like one bigsuper 12ga. I still think the 45/70 or 50 bmg would be the way to go or 37mm flares and work from a distance on them and dont let them get within 300 yards of ya so you have a saftey zone of sorts. and save the ar15 for if you had to make a last stand, I have lots of mags and the ammo to load them. Hmmmmm would tracers work onthe zombies the same as a flame thrower or 37mm or 12ga-flare. I keep telling my wife when we build the privacy fence we should build out of concrete you know about 5-6 foot high that way we can put up a walk way prior to there coming and have an elivated shooting platform for us and our friends who make it to our place.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:28:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/26/2002 6:32:41 PM EDT by ron97ws6]
Originally Posted By colt_5_5_6: One of my friends just called and told me that salt should work on them has any one else heard of this.
View Quote
* When it comes time for the animator to lay the zombie to rest again, salt is first thrown against the chest.* [red]"With salt I bind you to your grave."[/red] Then the bloody knife that was previously used in the sacrifice to raise the zombie, is now passed over their lips. [red]"With blood and steel I bind you to your grave. {Insert name}, be at peace and walk no more."[/red] The zombie is then swallowed up by the earth once more. Theory has it that the salt will only work when applied by an animator or voodoo priest that can control a zombie. That excludes you & me. For us, it's a flamethrower, or run!
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:38:11 PM EDT
Homer Simpson did quite well with a short barrel pump shotgun (it may have been one of those infamous double-barrel pump shotguns that Homer likes so much). I assume he used plain old buckshot. It was good enough to kill the ombie Flanders. GunLvr
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 7:30:30 PM EDT
I think you guys are all off base. The best weapon is a flame-thrower. No only would it fry them up, it would help with the kibble build up problem. Not to mention gasolin has got to smell better then raw rotting flesh.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:04:15 AM EDT
DPMS M-37 Flare Launcher, and lots of deseile and light their fire's I would get the flame thrower but not affordable at this time.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:40:20 AM EDT
Zombies feel no pain. Until their legs and arms ar burn enough to keep them from walking, they will still advance on you. Now you have a flaming zombies bringing the fire back toy you. (Fire? you can't bring FIRE on the plane) I still say 00 buckshot. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:06:15 AM EDT
Vinnie I must disagree. I just saw a zombie movie and a guy set one on fire and he ran around until he collapsed. Well maybe extended burst maybe required.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 12:00:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ARDOC: Vinnie I must disagree. I just saw a zombie movie and a guy set one on fire and he ran around until he collapsed. Well maybe extended burst maybe required.
View Quote
Agreed, for the most part you'll be faster than a zombie, but if you are surounded, or in your house, you don't want a slow mass of burning flesh advancing.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 12:12:55 PM EDT
I would have to recommend the use of tactical nuclear weapons to solve the zombie problem once and for all. For your compound, I would advise picking up one of those 4-barrel .50 AAA guns. Or you could just have your favorite Democrat ban the Zombies. It's for the children, you know.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 12:26:15 PM EDT
I'd throw my ex-wife at 'em. They'd run like the wind...or crawl, or hobble, or slither...
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 12:33:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 2:41:38 PM EDT
Realisticly, I think the chances of hordes of zombies being re-animated by Voodoo, Santaria, etc. are pretty slim. That would take some mighty big mojo the likes of which hasn't been seen since Crowley or LeVey. More likely the senario would involve Hell filling to capacity or Government testing(ie:Romero, Fulci or Herbert West)to create the necessary zombie masses to really wreak havoc. Again, head shots are the way to go for an instant kill followed by burning the body. A nice short barreled 12ga is your best friend for close encounters along with a large caliber handgun=.45. I can't stress the fact enough that larger calibers(.50's) are a waste of precious ammo on single creatures. Keep your reserves for larger groups or very long distance shots! Tracer rounds would be a good idea for groups at medium range IF you could douse them with some sort of an accellerant. Finally, your mother in law is usually one of the first to cause problems within your group resulting in someone turning so...TAKE HER OUT FIRST!!! Die Zombie Scumbag, Die!rocko.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 3:11:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/27/2002 3:14:27 PM EDT by Johnny_Reno]
Gentlemen, I applaud you on your proactive approach to zombie elimination. However, I am distressed that no one has mentioned that one of the greater threats that zombies present is that they usually attack in great numbers. They are very slow moving but pose a great threat while operating in numbers by closing in before you can kill them all. If you are in an open environment, you can't minimize the danger to yourself by keeping on the move - always one step ahead of the zombie hordes. However, we all eventually need to stop and batten down in which case this presents the zombies with the opportunity to gather and focus on your compound. To slow entry into your abode, I strongly recommend liberal use of concertina wire. The wire will not slow them down in the sense of it causing pain to the zombie, as we all know zombies do not feel pain - but rather slows them down by grabbing into their rotting flesh and remaining clothing. By slowing them down for a minute or two, this gives you more than adequate time to take well-aimed headshots even before they reach your fortified structure. There really is no reason why a well supplied compound surrounded by concertina wire, with spotlights and a 4-man team on the roof couldn't hold off zombies almost indefinitely. If anyone is interested, I can also expand on the last ditch use of claymore mines in an indoor environment. J. Reno (no, the other one)
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 3:22:35 PM EDT
But what can be done about Keith Richard?
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 3:44:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Javak: But what can be done about Keith Richard?
View Quote
A zombie is a zombie is a zombie is a zombie. No mercy for the undead!rocko.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:21:30 PM EDT
Well I went ahead "Seige of the Dead" looks like a good movie. Sorry to dig this thread up.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:03:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Sixgun357: Well I went ahead "Seige of the Dead" looks like a good movie. Sorry to dig this thread up.
View Quote
I liked it. $10 well spent IMO.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:37:23 PM EDT
Dragon's Breath.... Marge: What do you recommend Dr. Hibbert? Hibbert: FIRE! AND LOTS OF IT!!!!! Scott
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:38:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GunLvrPHD: Homer Simpson did quite well with a short barrel pump shotgun (it may have been one of those infamous double-barrel pump shotguns that Homer likes so much). I assume he used plain old buckshot. It was good enough to kill the ombie Flanders. GunLvr
View Quote
Bart: Dad! You killed the zombie Flanders! Homer: Ned was a zombie? Scott
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top