Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2014 3:12:57 PM EDT

One of those things I do want to see if I ever make it to Germany one of these days (Specifically the Checkpoint Charlie museum.)

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:24:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a really small piece of the Wall around here somewhere or another, about the size of a golf ball with yellow spray paint on it. It's a pretty neat little piece of history.

When the Wall came down, I was in college and happened to have a meeting with my advisor that week, I went to see him and we were talking about it and how it would change the world and all that jazz; and his advice to me was: "Switch from learning Russian to Arabic." That was pretty sound advice in retrospect, the only sound advice he ever gave me actually, the guy was a full bore Berkley hippie fuckstick and we didn't get along well at all.

And no thread about going to Germany to see the Berlin Wall would be complete without...

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:25:54 PM EDT
[#2]
We have a member who was involved in the checkpoint Charlie confrontation

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:34:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I remember that thread, he posted pics of the tanks rolled up right to the checkpoint too as I recall.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:03:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I remember that thread, he posted pics of the tanks rolled up right to the checkpoint too as I recall.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember that.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:05:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I remember that.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember that.  

Well.....post pics or get out of here!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a really small piece of the Wall around here somewhere or another, about the size of a golf ball with yellow spray paint on it. It's a pretty neat little piece of history.

When the Wall came down, I was in college and happened to have a meeting with my advisor that week, I went to see him and we were talking about it and how it would change the world and all that jazz; and his advice to me was: "Switch from learning Russian to Arabic." That was pretty sound advice in retrospect, the only sound advice he ever gave me actually, the guy was a full bore Berkley hippie fuckstick and we didn't get along well at all.

And no thread about going to Germany to see the Berlin Wall would be complete without...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWF9MMxnekQ  

View Quote

Parents have a similar size piece. Reagan library has a wall section
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:07:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember that.  

LOL I can't find a link but I remember it's come up in one of the previous Cold War discussions.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:12:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I have about half a pound of the wall.  Yellow, black and red spray paint over crumbly concrete.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I have about half a pound of the wall.  Yellow, black and red spray paint over crumbly concrete.
View Quote
I believe the Imperial War Museum in London has a piece of it out front or it did.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:24:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

arfcom is... everywhere!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top