Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2001 11:52:15 PM EDT
Hello all

Instead of typing out everything I just did over at the AW.N page, I am going to cut and paste what I punched up over there.  But before I do, I want to say a special hello to the Inspector Kodak's of the forum.  You know who you are!  You see, I think you get the impression the pictures are a fake, that maybe somehow I stretched them to make the bear look overwelmingly large.  Well guess what, I didn't!  What you see is what you get.  It is all in the eye my friends.  So 7, cpermd, (Pangea you can tell your buds over at the stickbow site this), GTTacoma, GTTacoma, GTTacoma (a dogs nose my ass), and finally x-kill you need to go back to your photoshop class because Teacher Jim says you Fail!  Now, with that, the facts....(See part 2)[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=71356[/url]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#1]
^
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:27:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Dalliwacker1, wow!  I never knew a bear's paw could be that large.

My question to you or anyone else that cares to comment, why kill a bear?  There aren't that many creatures that large and majestic left in the world.  There are other things to kill if you want to eat what you hunt.  I don't mean this as a flame.  I'm just a life-long non-hunter who doesn't understand.

BTW, how do you move a carcass that heavy?  The few times when I was little that I helped my uncles hunt deer (during the depression, so we appreciated actually having meat), they butchered the deer on the spot.  We carried only the meat back, so it wasn't too heavy.z
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 9:48:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Zoom

I fully respect your question.  The answer that I have for you is this...What you said is true, big bears are few and far between (we are talking about brown bears) as a BIG picture.  When you look at the earth, the only place you can find a brown bear now is in Alaska and Russia.  But what havn't looked at is the smaller picture.  I speak for Alaska here, because I have never been to Russia.  Just like a whitetail, an elk, or antelope, brown bears need managed too.  Alaska has a very large population of brown bears, their habitat must be managed, so must their existance, and the Alaska Department of Fish & Game does a good job at making sure populations are maintained for the habitat to support bears.  This is about as blunt as I can put the answer to the question, but I hope it answers it for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top