Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 12/15/2012 1:37:13 PM EDT
Staff/Mods
I want to make this clear I am only looking for help as for suggestions in getting this done.
I am putting up the money and guns to get this started first here in Pa and Jersey and then with hope to make this a nation wide grass roots effort.
I have been in contact and bringing on board 3 lawyers, one from Jersey , one from further up north and one from Pa to help with state laws and other hurdles.
As a Firearms MFGer I feel obligated by to help & do what I can, my expertise is bringing people with the best skills for the job together.
We will begin training any school personnel/Teachers who want it and will move toward training them in combat tactical in CQC.
We will be outlining the programs and logistics in short order.
We want firearm uniformity in the same school systems for training and God forbid an emergency does come they have like guns and mags, for the same reason Police do.
Like I said we aren't looking for anything other than some good input to help get off the ground ion the right way and as soon as possible.
I have been in touch with other firearm MFGers and dealers and the money is not going to be an issue at all.
The goal here is to protect our Children and the people who care for them 7 hours a day.
If you don't have anything good to say please don't say anything at all.
I will be contacting staff so that anyone who can help with training or other wise will be able to.
We will be getting a web site up as soon as we can.
The end goal is trained personal allowed to carry covertly in schools to stop an active shooter on a rampage.
The name we have is "The Artemis Project"
Artemis is a protector of Children and the Vulnerable from Greek Mythology
In case it's not already clear

Artemis project will be providing the training, weapons, ammo, and other good & services to schools and school employees at no cost to them, as a matter of fact if the schools need other supplies I think we can help with that too
Update:

There is a snag I did not see

The federal gun free school zones act exempts people licensed in the same state they received the permit and are carrying.

It does not exempt someone under reciprocity

It does not exempt any CCW discharging a weapon even under self defense

This is bad for this entire effort

Under this federal law an off duty police officer is not exempt either
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun-Free_School_Zones_Act_of_1990#Reciprocity_agreements

Off duty police officers

The Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act (LEOSA) which was intended to entitle qualified law enforcement officers to carry weapons nation-wide does not provide any exceptions to Federal Law.[19] Although the GFSZA does provide an exception for a law-enforcement officer performing their official duties,[7] it does not provide any protection for an off-duty officer.[15] An off-duty LEOSA qualified officer is unable to legally travel within one-thousand (1000) feet of any K-12 school while armed unless he has a valid carry license issued by that state.[13][15][16]

Self-defense

Although the GFSZA allows a citizen to discharge a firearm on private property,[7][16] it prohibits discharge on public property in the Gun Free Zones by anyone except on-duty law enforcement and school security.[16] A carry permit never exempts an individual from the GFSZA discharge restrictions, even in the State that physically issued it.[16]

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 1:39:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I support what you are doing.

Teachers and Principals SHOULD be armed.

That is the only solution.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 1:41:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Great idea Jrzy..if there is anything I can do, you know you can contact me anytime.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 1:42:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Good idea
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I approve.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 1:43:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Our goal is to protect these our most cherished

The fact is this is long over due

If we don't we will have more and more dead Children

If we don't the left will prevail and get some gun laws more restrictive than the 94 AWB

The only true thing that will stop an active crazy shooter is a bullet

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 1:44:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 1:45:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Sounds like a great idea. I hope that you can get the support that you need.

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 1:46:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Sounds like a great idea. I hope that you can get the support that you need.

with in hours of making phone calls we had pledges form high profile MFGers and dealer and offers of help with training in 5 states.

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#9]
You will get endless support from us, you will get an instant cold shoulder once you start talking to the people you are wanting to implement this toward.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice.  We could do this in MS too.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 1:49:21 PM EDT
[#11]
The only thing that would have saved lives in these incidences is a good guy with a gun.

Keep us posted
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 1:51:28 PM EDT
[#12]
This is tremendous.

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 1:51:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You will get endless support from us, you will get an instant cold shoulder once you start talking to the people you are wanting to implement this toward.

Likely, but they need education too.  The pendulum is swinging and some of them would be willing.  It's the others that perpetuate this ever widening divide of Americana and communism.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 1:51:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Good on you for doing this. As far as the instant cold shoulder: probably true, but if you started with private schools that might help get the ball rolling.

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 1:54:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Great idea. Good luck with this.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Likely, but they need education too.  The pendulum is swinging and some of them would be willing.  It's the others that perpetuate this ever widening divide of Americana and communism.

Very similar to post 9-11, when pilots lined up to get trained and carry in the cockpit.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Very good idea! Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:00:56 PM EDT
[#18]
I like this

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:02:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:04:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Agreed.  If not them, then full time armed security at all schools. There is a duty incumbent upon schools to protect their charges.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:05:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Fantastic idea. Keep us updated. I'd kick in money or any other way I could help.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#22]
I would like to see this work but sadly I cant say I think it will. Most of the teachers I know are very antigun and would want no part of carrying a weapon. Good luck to you and if I can help (firefighting/EMS experiance) please send me a IM.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:07:43 PM EDT
[#23]
I approve!
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:08:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Folks like you are the reason I have not totally given up on this country.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:09:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Good Idea,  Hope this goes well.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:10:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:10:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Staff/Mods
I want to make this clear I am only looking for help as for suggestions in getting this done.
I am putting up the money and guns to get this started first here in Pa and Jersey and then with hope to make this a nation wide grass roots effort.

I have been in contact and bringing on board 3 lawyers, one from Jersey , one from further up north and one from Pa to help with state laws and other hurdles.

As a Firearms MFGer I feel obligated by to help & do what I can, my expertise is bringing people with the best skills for the job together.

We will begin training any school personnel/Teachers who want it and will move toward training them in combat tactical in CQC.
We want firearm uniformity in the same school systems for training and God forbid an emergency does come they have like guns and mags, for the same reason Police do.

Like I said we aren't looking for anything other than some good input to help get off the ground ion the right way and as soon as possible.

I have been in touch with other firearm MFGers and dealers and the money is not going to be an issue at all.

The goal here is to protect our Children and the people who care for them 7 hours a day.

I will be contacting staff so that anyone who can help with training or other wise will be able to.

The end goal is trained personal allowed to carry covertly in schools to stop an active shooter on a rampage.

CCDW instructor here in Kentucky. Count me in.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:12:04 PM EDT
[#28]
You can either hire a full time security officer with gun and training or take his salary and put it into training for several staff members. That's why it makes more sense for the latter as you'd be doing.

I support it.

I wish there were school vouchers so that would oppose can go to another school and those that would be in agreement would send their kids to that school.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:12:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Staff/Mods

If you need a donation send me a pm...I have my check book ready.

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:17:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:18:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Here in Alaska we have had armed police in high schools for some time post 9-11 and Colombine. I don't think elementary schools do though.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:21:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Here's my suggestion:

Start with PRIVATE schools.  My guess is that state schools will be unresponsive.  If you can get a couple of private schools on board, ou can use that as a bridgehead to expand it.  State schools might come on board after years of seeing it work in private schools.

Also, you should use the language and example of the federal Air Marshals and armed plots as an important part of our pitch.

Good luck!

One of my initial thoughts upon learning about this was air Marshals.  Not obviously armed security, rather people who just fit in unnoticed.

Those people would best be the ones already there.  I'd take a "school janitor" job as an armed part of the staff in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:25:56 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

That is the battle but we already know that, we will implement the first start up in a friendly place and take it from there, we need to be very careful and screen the people we will train 100% and a psychological eval.

What we don't want or need is a bad rap at all in the beginning  or anytime really but the start is critical.

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:26:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Here's my suggestion:

.Start with PRIVATE schools  My guess is that state schools will be unresponsive.  If you can get a couple of private schools on board, ou can use that as a bridgehead to expand it.  State schools might come on board after years of seeing it work in private schools.

Also, you should use the language and example of the federal Air Marshals and armed plots as an important part of our pitch.

Good luck!

Spot on.

I've shot clays with some of the higher-ups and significant donors at the private HS from which my son graduated. I'm pretty confident they'd at least sit down and listen to this.

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I would like to see this work but sadly I cant say I think it will. Most of the teachers I know are very antigun and would want no part of carrying a weapon. Good luck to you and if I can help (firefighting/EMS experiance) please send me a IM.

Doesn't have to be a Teacher, it can be the janitor, the lunch cook.

It will work once we get it in a school , then the flood gates will open.

Reality trumps feel good BS

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:32:49 PM EDT
[#36]
I like your idea
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:32:53 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Staff/Mods

If you need a donation send me a pm...I have my check book ready.

Thank you but I think the money is taken care of , I set aside 5 K last night to get started and about 20 times that was pledged by 11PM from some really good folks..

I have to reiterate that we do not want or are asking anyone for money so please don't offer in this thread, it might derail it or get it locked, money is the easy part of this, getting our first school protected is the hard part.

There are some College buddies of mine who owe me who wil be getting calls, they run school systems and are gonna scream when I bring them in, they are all in jersey

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:42:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Proactive rather than reactive.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Staff/Mods

110% with you, im in NJ please let me know how i can help, i wish i had money to donate but am recently unemployed. however i have many skills and have time that can be spent helping you out please let me know what you may need help with!!
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:42:59 PM EDT
[#40]
This is something that I support in principle, but I just can't see this ever working out.  Think about this, most public school systems can barely pay their payrolls, what makes you think they'll suddenly find the necessary funding to pay for training of their teachers (civilians, not LEO), provide uniform weapons and ammunition issued across the board?

Teachers are paid too little as it is, and often end up buying class supplies out of their own pockets.  I don't see school systems paying for the initial and more importantly recurring necessary training for this, and I certainly can't see too many teachers being able to afford it on their already low salaries.

Again, I'm not saying the idea is bad, I really like it, and wish it could be adopted, I just don't see it being realistically feasible to actually set up.

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#41]
This is the right thing to do, allow school staff to be equipped for self defense, that the media has made every effort not to mention.

I hope your efforts gather steam and that the non gun owning public can see the light on this.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:49:35 PM EDT
[#42]
My initial impression is that this will not go as you thought it would.  I think it would be prudent to steer toward having LEO at every school.  I live 4 houses down from a middle school and there is a police officer there every single school day.  My high school had 2 there every day.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Looks like China has resorted to posting guards in schools due to their problem with
mass stabbings.....

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/12/14/china-knife-attack-school.html
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#44]
This is great OP I really hope we can come together as a nation and make this happen
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:51:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:58:36 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

This is something that I support in principle, but I just can't see this ever working out.  Think about this, most public school systems can barely pay their payrolls, what makes you think they'll suddenly find the necessary funding to pay for training of their teachers (civilians, not LEO), provide uniform weapons and ammunition issued across the board?

Teachers are paid too little as it is, and often end up buying class supplies out of their own pockets.  I don't see school systems paying for the initial and more importantly recurring necessary training for this, and I certainly can't see too many teachers being able to afford it on their already low salaries.

Again, I'm not saying the idea is bad, I really like it, and wish it could be adopted, I just don't see it being realistically feasible to actually set up.

Did you bother to read the OP?

I am funding this with help from other firearms MFGers

We will be supplying training, guns, ammo and a whole host of other services and goods.

The schools will not have to lay out one dime.

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 3:01:18 PM EDT
[#47]
I agree with the Prof. There are few in public education who would be willing to allow this to get off the ground. You may find success in small rural areas with good values though. If you ever look to get into IL let me know.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 3:01:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Excellent idea! I was thinking something similar last night. Glad someone with the means and connections had a similar thought.  

Starting out in NJ, aren't you going to have a CCW permit problem though?
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 3:02:28 PM EDT
[#49]
I am a high school assistant principal and would love any help you could throw to the state of TX

I know of one district that allows carry by employees, Harrold school district in northwest Texas

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/12/14/4486104/texas-school-where-teachers-carry.html

supported by § 46.035 of the Texas Penal code.

apparently the superintendent just needs to provide written authorization, but i suppose that would be hard to obtain in various parts of the state
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 3:07:48 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Excellent idea! I was thinking something similar last night. Glad someone with the means and connections had a similar thought.  

Starting out in NJ, aren't you going to have a CCW permit problem though?

Hence the lawyers

They will work to get LEO credentials of some sort to allow this, armed security guards in NJ can carry while performing their duties.

One way or the other we will work on it to get it done.

We can form a security co if necessary and use the Teacher to also do protection work at the school free of charge to the school.

It's not going to be easy but when I got over the initial shock of those little kids getting killed I got mad as hell and anger can be a real motivating force.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top