Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 5:18:12 AM EDT
This might be a dupe. If it is, post the link so Sylvan can move it into this forum.

The Aristocrats (also known as The Debonaires in England) is a joke which is alleged to have been told by numerous stand-up comedians since Vaudeville, and often only among an audience of other comedians. In publicity for a 2005 documentary film about the joke, it has been referred to as "the world's funniest joke" and "the world's worst joke." It may be either depending on who's telling it, who's listening and the innumerable variations upon the theme. It has probably never been told the same way twice.

The joke is something of a game in which the participant or participants try to top each other in terms of shock value. This was also used as an inside joke by comedians to test the mettle of others. Throughout the history of the joke it has evolved from a cliche staple of the Vaudevillian comedian into a postmodern anti-joke.
- Wikipedia

Official Site
Trailer

Plot Summary for The Aristocrats (2005)
Comedy veterans and co-creators Penn Jillette and Paul Provenza capitalize on their insider status and invite over 100 of their closest friends--who happen to be some of the biggest names in entertainment, from George Carlin, Whoopi Goldberg, Drew Cary to Gilbert Gottfried, Bob Saget, Paul Reiser and Sarah Silverman--to reminisce, analyze, deconstruct and deliver their their own versions of world's dirtiest joke, an old burlesque, too extreme to be performed in public, called The Aristocrats.
IMDb

South Park's Cartman version of "The Aristocrats" joke.
Dead-Frog presents: The Aristocrats
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:21:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Cartman's was great.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:19:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:36:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Night crew bump.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:14:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Found some preview tickets for a showing tonight on South Beach.  We'll see if I can make it, sounds like my kind of humor.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:49:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I read  somewhere  Gilbret Godfried was  the inspiration for the  film  .
Aperently  at one of the  roasts  that was broadcast he  bombed  with  a joke  about  911  and said  the  hell with it  and followed up with the aristocrats  .
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:17:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:43:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I read  somewhere  Gilbret Godfried was  the inspiration for the  film  .
Aperently  at one of the  roasts  that was broadcast he  bombed  with  a joke  about  911  and said  the  hell with it  and followed up with the aristocrats  .

He is the perfect guy to tell that joke.

It is amasing how blue that guy works  with  amount  of childrens  work  is on  his  resume  .
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:14:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Cartman's was great.  

aaahhh, you rat bastard! it's an advertisement for the movie, isn't it!?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:52:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd like to see Bob Saget's version. I hear he is the absolute complete opposite of his "Full House" image when it comes to his comedy... considered by some to be one of the nastiest comics. I never knew that so I'm curious to see how true it is.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:48:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Did you ever hear Bob Saget's line from Half Baked?

"Marijuana is not a drug. I used to suck dick for coke."

MP3

I've heard the same thing about his comedy, very far from his Full House and America's Home Video's cheese.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top