Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2001 5:18:36 AM EDT
I just heard on the radio that Mel Gibson signed on to play Hannibal Smith.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 5:46:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Gee, I hope that they use Mini-14's again...Wow!

Now I can't wait for the movie to come to late night movie time on TV!

But, I probably won't watch it even then...
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 6:28:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Jim Carey as Murdock?
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 6:35:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Will they be the kind of SF guys that shoot whole 30rd mags at people and not hit anything at all? Will they have the magic bullets that explode an entire car upon impact? Oh goody, goody, I cant wait.
Even as a youngin I couldnt stand that show.
They musta shot thousands of rounds on that show and never even wounded somebody. ARMY SPECIAL FORCES should be pissed.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 7:16:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Together McGiver, A-Team is one (my opinion...) of the most stupid tv movie ever made (Ah.. I was forgetting Charlies Angels... but the Angels don't shoot... ).
They give the idea that shooting in a combat situation is a lot of fun (maybe true) and you can shoot a lot only for warning without consequences (And ricochets? And safety rules? And bullet trajectories?).
This is a stupid and dangerous message to give, since TV has a lot of influence on youngsters.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 7:18:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 7:47:22 AM EDT
[#6]
OMG, The movie will be lame.

I love it when a plan comes together.

They will probably use 2liter soda bottles to propel their van in a high speed chase.  Then they will use coat hangers and duct tape to make some sort of weapon.  [}:D]

Link Posted: 2/14/2001 8:16:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey, they shoot 100's of rounds and don't hit anything, and then one of them will shoot a 5-10 round burst and blow out the bad guys' tires EVERY TIME!!![:D]

"Shutup fool!  I ain't ridin' in no airplane!"

BONK!!!

"Oh yes you are!"
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 3:56:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I much preferred Riptide to The A-Team, simply because of the bikini-clad women in it! Airwolf was another pretty stupid one, too.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 4:30:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you very much. You just made fun of every show I watched when I was a kid.  I don't care what anybody says the A-team is a good show.  Lets us not forget that in the first season they uses AR's with the same results.  
[;)]
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 4:48:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I loved the A-Team. They made me feel much better about my marksmenship when I was first learning to shoot!

Kyle
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 4:53:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Of course the A-Team was stupid.  Show me something that's been made for network TV in the past 30 years that _isn't_ completely inane.  Atleast A-Team was fun to watch.  

Most importantly, after Charlie's Angels came out a bunch of us started a pool for which stupid TV shows will be made as movies and A-Team was one of my predictions.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 5:00:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I much preferred Riptide to The A-Team, simply because of the bikini-clad women in it! Airwolf was another pretty stupid one, too.
View Quote

Riptide was cool.  They were in dire need of a new helicopter though.  

I only watch Airwolf to see the place where he stashes it.  That area was cool.  Utah?

And to see him fire Copperheads from the hidden weapons bay.

And to see if his brother ever came back.  Did he?
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#13]
HOLD UP!!!!!!!!
the a team sucked but the lamest of them all was KNIGHT RIDER LMFAO that stupid ass car lol
push the boost button and fly over simi trucks give it up anyhow i hope this is a joke cause that movie wouldnt make a tenth of what it will cost to make it
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 5:39:18 PM EDT
[#14]
timeport, he did come back and he took over the airwolf in the last season.  He was played by Dick van Dyke's son.  That is his son on diagnosis murder isnt it?
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 5:46:07 PM EDT
[#15]
MURDOCK.

Now thats a warrior  [;)]
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 8:17:25 PM EDT
[#16]
According to http://www.upcomingmovies.com/ateam.html
This is how they see the movie "...following current, successful trends, this movie might also feature martial arts that the original A-Team never used much (they were "shoot-em-up" type guys)."  Well, I say whats wrong with just the shoot-em-up type of guys? It worked for them!
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 8:45:38 PM EDT
[#17]
HEY!!!!  does anybody here remember the vietnam tv show tour of duty. it actually had action with firearms. not much different from movies like platoon and full metal jacket,but without obscene language and intestines.

[uzi]
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 9:30:26 PM EDT
[#18]
tour of duty.  Weekdays at 4 pm est on TNT.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 10:02:03 PM EDT
[#19]
When they were shooting the original series. Thier budget would not allow for the expense of blank ammunition and cost to blank adapt firearms.  This was why they chose the Ruger Minis because they could shoot the cheaper live ammunition and still not worry about hitting/hurting anyone they were shooting at.
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 1:42:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
timeport, he did come back and he took over the airwolf in the last season.  He was played by Dick van Dyke's son.  That is his son on diagnosis murder isnt it?
View Quote

If that's when it became boring, then I vaguely remember.

Ever see the Airwolf episode when they flew to the outer limits of the atmosphere?  U2 and SR71 look out!!!!

The episode with Redwolf was cool.  Kinda like Michael Knight and his evil twin Garth.
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 1:53:25 AM EDT
[#21]
I watched The Dukes of Hazard!
[img]hazzard.simplenet.com/images/hazzard/gdhp2000/heading.gif[/img]
[img]hazzard.simplenet.com/images/hazzard/new/filmjump.jpg[/img]

YEEEEEHAAAWWWW!!!!!

[url]hazzard.simplenet.com/[/url]

Railgun....[rail]

Link Posted: 2/15/2001 2:06:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

The only things I ever saw come out of that missile launcher were missile-shaped lights LOL. I think what caught MY eye the most was the brunette with the GREAT chest who was Archangel's aide :D
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 2:23:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

The only things I ever saw come out of that missile launcher were missile-shaped lights LOL. I think what caught MY eye the most was the brunette with the GREAT chest who was Archangel's aide :D
View Quote

Someone finally caught on to my Copperhead humor.

That brunette was a "hottie" indeed.
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 6:10:27 AM EDT
[#24]
...zzz...
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 6:39:25 AM EDT
[#25]
So on Airwolf...
did he ever find his brother Sinjin??? That guy was MIA for years.
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 6:49:12 AM EDT
[#26]
RICH314,
Beleive me, that is a far away from SF as you can possibly get -- it bears no likeness whatever.  So SF types are not pissed, just amused, if they ever had time to watch that Hollywood dribble.
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 7:01:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
RICH314,
Beleive me, that is a far away from SF as you can possibly get -- it bears no likeness whatever.  So SF types are not pissed, just amused, if they ever had time to watch that Hollywood dribble.
View Quote

I`m not SF Qual. but I still have my Ranger Tab.
I was being sarcastic.
BTW shows that were cool were
Blacksheep Squadron
Tour of Duty
(no one got shot in those either)
the original Kung Fu
Green Hornet
Rat Patrol (I can still see that jeep flying over a sand dune)
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 9:43:04 AM EDT
[#28]
When I watch the A-team on tv, it makes me want to run around the house with my mini-14 while smoking a cigar!! it is the only time the mini comes out of my safe! Too bad all my .223 ammo goes to feed my AR15!! None left to feed the mini!
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 2:51:16 PM EDT
[#29]
yeah, I think they did find him eventually. The brunette (Arkangel's girl) was Steven J Cannelles (spelling is wrong) wife. And yes, I loved Airwolf! The music was awesome, too.

And the Rockford Files!!!! TNN 2pm, 6pm weekdays, and 6 and 7 pm saturdays

And, of course, Magnum PI. and Simon and Simon.

We dont have ANYTHING like those shows today. Now it's just endless relationship sitcoms...

or jackass showes like Nash Bridges (but Cheech is a personal friend of mine)

I think those old shows were all CBS shows. Now a days, I havent watched CBS since 1989 (except march maddness)

And ABC blows, too.

GO ROCKFORD, sd
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#30]
I hope the A Team movie doesn't take the same road as the Charlie's Angels movie and be a movie about the good guy using martial arts instead of guns with those fake ass, non-realistic, slow-motion Matrix style scenes.
Yup, if you are a good guy, you don't need a gun to defend yourself. You can dodge bullets!!
[-!-!-]
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 4:16:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I hope the A Team movie doesn't take the same road as the Charlie's Angels movie and be a movie about the good guy using martial arts instead of guns with those fake ass, non-realistic, slow-motion Matrix style scenes.
Yup, if you are a good guy, you don't need a gun to defend yourself. You can dodge bullets!!
[-!-!-]
View Quote

EXACTLY!  You don't need guns.  That sends the wrong message to kids.  Now lets dance around in boys underwear and lick a steering wheel while I yell suggetive terms.
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#32]
I PITTY THE FOOLS WHO DON"T LIKE THE A-TEAM!  Howling Mad Murdock, "Face", BA Baracus, and Hannibal Smith rule!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long live the Mini-14!!!!!  Long live the A-Team!!!!!  I used to hurry home from school to watch the show!  Actualy (this is embarrasing) I bought a Mini-14 because of the show.  I kept telling my friend, "Hey, this is the gun that the A-Team used!"  My friend used to ask me", so where is that Murdock's gun?" whenever he wants to "play" with it.  I was really good with it.  

AAAAHHHH, memories!  The good ole' days!

Johannes
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 7:54:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Well the folding stocks were cool. The same old cars were blown up and flipped. Back then I had a mini 14 because I could not afford a Colt AR. Then all of a sudden in 1983, I saw the adds of Bushmaster and SGW in the evil magazine Shotgun News. I decided on SGW and got the stainless HB. Wished I had went with Bushmaster. I know back then that SGW made some receivers for Bushmaster. I am now a proud owner of a bushmaster.
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#34]
i too bought the mini14 because of the a team
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 10:24:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 11:04:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Most of the budget for the A Team series went into the ramps used to throw vehicles into a cork screw flip. When I think of that show I want to hurl! The only saving grace was the crazy guy.
Link Posted: 2/16/2001 2:37:16 AM EDT
[#37]
I had a preban Mini-14 when I was a teenager but when I found the AR-15 I never went back and the Mini-14 became just another trading item............yes.. I had found REAL weapons when I found the AR-15. I value my FN-FALs and AK-74 as well - but have never understood why people are so interested in the Mini-14 when  every military has rejected this rifle for normal use.

Ruger's "P.C." Firearms        [frag]
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 7:33:07 PM EDT
[#38]
I too bought a Mini-14 because of A-Team. I figure Bill Ruger owes Stpehen Cannell a lot of money. Ruger probably would have folded without all the A-team pub.
[uzi]
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 9:21:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Another show that sucked "Street Hawk" its like Knight Rider but on a freakin motorcycle
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top