Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2001 4:18:37 PM EDT
Well I just got back from the shoot, and was gonna download all of the .mov and .jpg pics I took. Roughly around 2 .mov and 5pics. Well no such luck. All I got was errors and the damn disk is shot.

But let me tell you we had a BBQ you would not believe. It was raining. It was muddy, ankle deep in some places. I know personally it was ankle deep. I found all those spots to step in. I don't know everyones name on the board so if I missed its not cause I don't care. Its cause I don't know your board name. Here's who was in attendance:

Baphomet/RedGoat and wife who hosted the shoot at his pad. Thank you so much for your hospitality.
drjeffallen
mojo
jarhead22 and friends
brass eater and wife
FALARAK
Arock and wife with the mutant offsprings
zoom and wife
There were 4 other people whom I know by their real first names and not their board names.
And how can we forget Eric The Hun who brought some kick ass carnitas.

All braved the weather and came out to have a good time. In the early morning rain was coming down in the muddy back yard with sounds of gun fire in the background. As you traversed thru this wooded area on your way to the make shift gun range, you can't help but flash back to Vietnam conflict era. I know. I've watched enough Vietnam movies to have flash backs. Once thru this wooded muddy area, you are rewarded with a sight of a make shift firing range, with the sight of bowling pins and silhoutte targets on the opposite end. As the rain dropped on your naked face, and taste the bitter sourness of it, you are then rewarded by the smell of spent gun powder, as you see shell casings being ejected in rapid succession from the numerous assault rifle being shot that day.

In the afternoon we retired to this palacial gathering place known as the "party barn". In it were the smell of cookfires and various meats being prepared for the feast. The smell of ribs being slowly cooked on BBQ, the sizzling of its juices made for a rustic soothing melody as it hits the fire. The sound of good company made it feel like home. The laughter of the people and the children just made it seem right somehow. Baphomet put on his chefs hat and proceeded to carve with the expertise of a seasoned 5star restaurant chef, all of the meat the were put forth in front of him. The smell and taste were wondrous. The rib were so tender, the meat was falling of the bone. The brisket so moist that each cut brought about the sweet aroma and along with it the juices that made your mouth water and jump for joy, for soon the piece of heaven will be in your mouth.

After that, we traversed the wooded area once more for some shooting. However the weather got too rough. So retired to the "party barn" to enjoy each others company. Tell a few jokes and partake in a glass of ale( OK so its was beer, but all sounds better.  

Yes folks it was a good day.

Just wish my pics turned out. Seems my digital camera crapped out today.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 4:52:58 PM EDT
[#1]
It was a great day - screw the weather! we still had fun! [>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 5:42:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I wanna know who had pics of the food. Man that was impressive.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 5:50:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I got tons of pics, will be up soon
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 5:57:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I got tons of pics, will be up soon
View Quote

Man, I can NOT wait!

LT, you are the MAN!  Kind words, and a good guy!

Glad you made it down, and I hope you can slip back down here one weekend this winter and put that Mosin through its paces.  

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Thinking of buying another one, scoping that puppy, and using it for hunting. But I like my .22 pistol/rifle better. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 6:10:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thinking of buying another one, scoping that puppy, and using it for hunting. But I like my .22 pistol/rifle better. [:D]
View Quote

I really should have taken you up on the offer to shoot the 10-22 bullpup!  

BTW, how can you like the .22 better???  The Mosin is nothing if not unique.  Hand re-finished, etc!  That Mosin is nice!

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 6:36:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top