Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/19/2005 6:18:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:21:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2005 6:22:47 PM EDT by CRC]
ACLU members eat meat?

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:22:14 PM EDT
"Want to stop this from happening?... Then back a Constitutional rights organization that doesn't pick and choose it's cases to benefit minorities and Liberals."
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:27:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By leelaw:
"Want to stop this from happening?... Then back a Constitutional rights organization that doesn't pick and choose it's cases to benefit minorities and Liberals."

I typed they sucked, and I meant it! The video was funny though, no?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:30:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ar10er:

Originally Posted By leelaw:

I typed they sucked, and I meant it! The video was funny though, no?

Don't make me post the long list of cases where the ACLU has gone to court to protect Christian groups

But they DO suck super-hard on the 2nd amendement issue.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:38:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

Don't make me post the long list of cases where the ACLU has gone to court to protect Christian groups

I don't know, they sure do like pulling down crosses over vet memorials, and nativity scenes, etc...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:43:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ar10er:

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

I don't know, they sure do like pulling down crosses over vet memorials, and nativity scenes, etc...

That's because they've got such a huge hard-on for that whole PUBLIC funding of relgious displays - which happen to be mostly Christian, because the U.S. is essentially a Christian nation.

However, when it comes to freedom of expression, they've repeatedly gone to bat for the Christians - including things like sueing to give high school students the rights to pray on school property, the right to hand out Christian literature, sueing to give Christian abortion protestors the right to protest in front of abortion clinics, suing to give Christian preachers the right to protest in public in Nevada - and also larger issues of freedom of religion, where they jiined a lawsuit on behalf of Pat Robertson's church against the state of Virginia.

It is absolutely accure to label them as left-wing and liberal, but it is completely inaccurate to claim that they somehow hate Christians, or never stand up for Christianity.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:01:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:52:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Jarhead_22:
They suck super-hard on those who suck super-hard on little boys, too: NAMBLA.

Some --primarily those with an ACLU card in their wallet-- might say that that case was years ago, or that they just took the one case supporting pedophile rapists, or that hints and instructions on how to rape little boys and convince them not to tell their parents what's happened SHOULD be protected speech, but I believe that that's the kind of stink that just doesn't wash off.

+1000
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:00:19 PM EDT
I get a lot of mail from them asking me to join. Not sure how I got on their list but I do love screwing with them. I stuff the envelope full of NRA material and return it in their postage paid envelope.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:13:05 PM EDT
The ACLU is no different than any other far-left, America hating group. Their common goal is to destroy America as we once knew it. And they are succeeding very well.
Top Top