Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/30/2004 9:42:52 AM EST
Can any of you AWB experts tell me if the 50oz. handgun rule is going away?

Will there be SP89s, mini Uzi w/o stocks, hell--fullsize Uzis w/o stocks, etc. being sold as handguns? How about Krinks? Will any caliber restrictions remain (were there any before)? Forward handguard restrictions (other than AOW, I'm familiar with that)?

Just trying to get a bearing on the possibilities here...

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:48:51 AM EST
tag
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:54:12 AM EST
"Assault pistols" are defined as part of the "Assault Weapon Ban", which will be expiring on the federal level.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:15:58 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:24:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By Troy:

Originally Posted By thelibertarian:

Yes, this is part of the AWB, and will go away.

Will there be SP89s, mini Uzi w/o stocks, hell--fullsize Uzis w/o stocks, etc. being sold as handguns? How about Krinks? Will any caliber restrictions remain (were there any before)? Forward handguard restrictions (other than AOW, I'm familiar with that)?

Most of these guns are IMPORTS. The import restrictions will still apply to them (the "sporting purpose" clause of GCA68 was "reinterpreted" to mean "any military/scary-looking guns" in 1989), which means that these guns can't be imported. However, domestic manufacture of guns of this type will be allowed. And, no, HK will NOT be making any stamped-receiver weapons in the US.

-Troy

Damn you Troy, you just killed my wet dream
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:33:17 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:42:42 PM EST

Originally Posted By CAMPYBOB:
h&k may be chicken, but the bulgarians will be building both milled and stamped kalashnikovs in 3 calibres right in las vegas.

Supposedly, IMI will also be making guns here in the USA too...

Nice to see some places still believe in 'if you've got the money, we've got...'
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:03:08 PM EST

Originally Posted By Troy:

Originally Posted By thelibertarian:

Yes, this is part of the AWB, and will go away.

Most of these guns are IMPORTS. The import restrictions will still apply to them (the "sporting purpose" clause of GCA68 was "reinterpreted" to mean "any military/scary-looking guns" in 1989), which means that these guns can't be imported. However, domestic manufacture of guns of this type will be allowed. And, no, HK will NOT be making any stamped-receiver weapons in the US.

-Troy

Screw H&K and Sigarms. Sig has stated over and over that they'll never produce the 550 here. I have no problem directing my gun budget elsewhere. Especially since SIG is more interested in gay rainbow-brite accent finishes than putting out a decent EBR.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:07:35 PM EST
I really, really, really hope somebody starts producing semi Sten pistols.... I want one in the worst way.

A 5.45 Krink would rule also if its reasonably priced.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:56:12 PM EST
gone in a couple weeks, yup
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:58:50 PM EST
Vector Arms is already making full-size and mini uzi's in post-ban config. They would have no problems in making pistols. You might have to call and order as I don't know if they are going to make them part of the catalog. On the HK stuff, Ohio Rapidfire is making their own HK 94 recievers and could make a SP89-ish weapon on a full-size reciever. Just call Todd and ask. He's a good guy!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:59:27 PM EST
P.S. I've got a rainbow P239 as part of my extensive Sig collection. It is pretty neat......
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:10:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By compuvette:
P.S. I've got a rainbow P239 as part of my extensive Sig collection. It is pretty neat......

What is a Rainbow P239? Is that some type of Gay gun from the San Francisco Rainbow Federation?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:24:08 PM EST

h&k may be chicken, but the bulgarians will be building both milled and stamped kalashnikovs in 3 calibres right in las vegas.

Once H&K starts to see the green flowing, who knows....
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:54:00 PM EST

but the bulgarians will be building both milled and stamped kalashnikovs in 3 calibres right in las vegas.

Could you give me a lead here or possibly a link, I'm VERY interested in a Krink Pistol.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:08:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 3:10:14 PM EST by Mauser101]
The whole AR pistol/SP89 thing has always confused me. What makes a really AR15 with an 11.5" barrel and no stock a pistol instead of an NFA firearm? Is it simply the absence of a stock?

If so then as far as Vector goes only a microuzi with a short barrel & no folding stock would be legal on Sept 13th, correct?

Sorry, this part of the dream has always confused the heck out of me.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:43:46 PM EST

Do their plans include a Krinkov clone in 7.62X39?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:45:09 PM EST

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:47:25 PM EST
AR15 Pistol here I come.

I want one so damn bad. That would be bad ass to carry in your car as a travel gun, with a beta mag

I hope ole DiFi shits here pants.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:47:55 PM EST

Originally Posted By Mauser101:
The whole AR pistol/SP89 thing has always confused me. What makes a really AR15 with an 11.5" barrel and no stock a pistol instead of an NFA firearm? Is it simply the absence of a stock?

The fact that the reciever was orignally registered as a 'pistol', thats all it will take.

Its crazy I know.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:49:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 3:58:02 PM EST by Mauser101]

Originally Posted By Tim_McBride:

The fact that the reciever was orignally registered as a 'pistol', thats all it will take.

Its crazy I know.

Oh man. That's classic! Now I gotta go diggin' through my CA laws again and see how this effects me. Damn Dems already probably thought of it, they're suprisingly far sighten when it comes to infringing on our rights, but man this would be cool.

Is it legal to put a stock on a pistol post Sept 13th...thus circumventing a good deal of the NFA?

EDIT: Ah crud.

(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following: (A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer. (B) A second handgrip. (C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel. (D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip. (5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

And Bushmaster pistol (theirs don't have "shrouds") is also specifically banned. Funny that it's a bad thing not to burn your hand. Come on baby, get me out of here within a year.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:54:23 PM EST

Oh man. That's classic! Now I gotta go diggin' through my CA laws again and see how this effects me. Damn Dems already probably thought of it, they're suprisingly far sighten when it comes to infringing on our rights, but man this would be cool.

Is it legal to put a stock on a pistol post Sept 13th...thus circumventing a good deal of the NFA?

I may be wrong, but putting a stock on the pistol would render it a rifle.....I'd check out the ATFs website to be 100% certain.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:01:16 PM EST
Is anyone else considering putting a 14.5" barrel on an AR pistol with a 3 point tactical sling? I see a very viable self defense use for such a weapon.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:33:05 PM EST

Originally Posted By gribble:
Is anyone else considering putting a 14.5" barrel on an AR pistol with a 3 point tactical sling? I see a very viable self defense use for such a weapon.

That's a good idea for a car gun,except I would go with an 11.5"..

I have a question for you Troy, if you're listening: Is it OK to use a standard CAR buffer tube without the stock portion on an AR pistol or is the special pistol buffer tube required to be legal.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:35:12 PM EST

Originally Posted By Dave_A:

Supposedly, IMI will also be making guns here in the USA too...

Nice to see some places still believe in 'if you've got the money, we've got...'

What you mean there is still a chance i could get a tavor 21?! oh I hope so. I don;t know why but damn it I want one of those.
Top Top