Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2001 8:01:01 AM EDT
During a recent staff meeting in heaven, God, Moses and Saint Peter concluded that the behavior of politicians such as former President Bill Clinton and Congressman Gary Condit had brought about the need for an eleventh commandment.

They worked long and hard in a brainstorming session to try to settle on the wording of the new commandment, because they realized that it should have the same majesty and dignity as the other ten.

After many revisions they finally agreed that the eleventh commandment should be:

"Thou shalt not comfort thy rod with thy staff."
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 8:07:56 AM EDT
[#1]
This is a case whre it is too true to be funny.

Link Posted: 8/30/2001 9:25:14 AM EDT
[#2]
A soldier, a sailor, an airman, and a Marine get into an argument about what armed service is the best. The argument gets so heated that they fail to see an on-coming truck. They are hit and killed instantly. When they arrive in heaven, they see Saint Peter at the Pearly Gates. So they decide he can settle their argument. They walk up and ask him, "Saint Peter, what Military Service is the best?" He thinks for a moment, then says, "Well, I'm afraid I can't tell you. But I'll tell you what. I'll talk to God next time I see Him, and I'll find out for you. In the mean time, welcome to heaven." So they enter. Later, they see Saint Peter while walking around, and they ask him about their question. But before Saint Peter can say anything, trumpets blare, a bright light shines, and a white dove flies out of the light with an envelope in it's beak. Saint Peter says, "Ah, here's the answer from the Boss." He takes the letter, and the dove flies off. He opens it, trumpets play, gold dust flies up, and Saint Peter reads aloud:

FROM THE DESK OF GOD

TO: SOLDIERS, SAILORS, AIRMEN, AND MARINES
RE: WHICH SERVICE IS BEST.

Dear Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines,
All branches of the United States Armed Forces are truly honorable. One should take pride in serving with the Military, regardless of the particular service. You are all well-trained men, all capable of accomplishing your mission exceedingly well. Therefore, there is no superior service.

Sincerely,
God
USMC (Ret.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top