Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2018 2:42:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 3:01:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/27/2018 3:02:01 PM EDT by Kekoa]
The D850 thread is in the archives. But that's OK.....you just started a new one.

It will be interesting to see the results you get with the ES-2. I suspect they will be good.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 3:09:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 4:39:15 PM EDT
Sounds like it’ll get some good use then. I can’t wait to see what you come up with.

Btw, Nikon has 2 lenses and (likely) camera announcements coming in the next few months. My personal guess is August or so, but the rumor is one of them is a new 60mm macro. The other is a likely 600mm PF f/5.6 lens. Cameras are likely their FF mirrorless and a P900 replacement as my guesses.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 8:06:12 PM EDT
The other is a likely 600mm PF f/5.6 lens
View Quote
Do we like the PF lenses? Aren't they dumbed-down/neutered in some way?

Or is it just that they won't work on some lower-tier/older bodies?

I seem to recall they're cheaper to produce, not sure if that's good or bad.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 8:14:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/27/2018 8:16:40 PM EDT by NorthPolar]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FredMan:

Do we like the PF lenses? Aren't they dumbed-down/neutered in some way?

Or is it just that they won't work on some lower-tier/older bodies?

I seem to recall they're cheaper to produce, not sure if that's good or bad.
View Quote
The 300mm f/4 PF is freaking fantastic. It’s 3” shorter and half the weight of the old 300mm f/4D lens, still super sharp, but because of a PF design if you have lens flare it’s a weird ring shape due to the fresnel lens. Supposedly the Nikon software has a tool to reduce it, but I don’t know for sure. Never poked at it. I had hoped to play with one on my D850 on this trip to Seattle, but no luck at the camera shop.

If the 600mm PF rumor turns out to be true, I’d still expect it to be expensive as hell but significantly lighter and decently smaller than the current prime. Can’t say for sure though since it’s all smoke and mirrors so far.
Top Top