Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2017 11:03:13 AM EDT
So I just bought 500 rounds of Independence 55 grain XM193I from PSA which qualifies for the rebate and filled out the online form.

Now, in addition to the "cash register receipt"  they also want me to tear apart each of the 25 20 round cardboard boxes and mail them the 'original SKU numbers" in order to receive the $25 rebate.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 11:08:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Then dont.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 11:14:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I did just that with 20 boxes of 9mm yesterday and mailed it in.  Took all of maybe 5 minutes with a utility knife to cut them out.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 11:17:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah thats the hitch. Same with the Winchester shotgun rebate, gotta cut the UPC off every single box even if you buy 5 cases. But its worth it to shoot Win AA shells at Federal target prices.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 11:18:22 AM EDT
[#4]
send the case UPC in

i called them yesterday and asked about this - they confirmed
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 11:19:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So I just bought 500 rounds of Independence 55 grain XM193I from PSA which qualifies for the rebate and filled out the online form.
Now, in addition to the "cash register receipt"  they also want me to tear apart each of the 25 20 round cardboard boxes and mail them the 'original SKU numbers" in order to receive the $25 rebate.
View Quote
Yeah, just do it.
It's a simple ghetto way to prevent fake rebate submissions.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did just that with 20 boxes of 9mm yesterday and mailed it in.  Took all of maybe 5 minutes with a utility knife to cut them out.
View Quote
That's a good idea, I don't want to destroy the 25 entire boxes.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 11:22:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
send the case UPC in

i called them yesterday and asked about this - they confirmed
View Quote
If they don't ship me 25 loose boxes that's what I'll do.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 11:26:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

You shouldn't be shocked a company wants more proof than an easily faked register receipt.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 11:30:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Standard practice for ammunition rebate offers.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:00:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You shouldn't be shocked a company wants more proof than an easily faked register receipt.
View Quote
Due to the number of conniving dirtbags that would rip them offI don't blame them a bit.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.
why the hell not?  dump that shit in a ammo can. 
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:08:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.
I like to store the ammo in cans in the original boxes.

It allows me to count out how many rounds I take to the range and shoot each time I go.

I went through 200 rounds of the same ammo yesterday and I have a habit of buying more rounds than I've shot to replace my stock.

It really builds up over time.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:12:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Independence 5.56? Enjoy your blown primers and locked up rifle.

That shit is pure garbage. Blown primers on about 50% of all rounds before I threw the rest in the trash after two rifles got locked up tighter than a drum.

Looking around on the internet shows it wasn't an isolated incident with that crap.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:23:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That shit is pure garbage. Blown primers on about 50% of all rounds before I threw the rest in the trash after two rifles got locked up tighter than a drum.

Looking around on the internet shows it wasn't an isolated incident with that crap.
View Quote
And yet I've shot thousands of rounds of Independence IMI XM193 through several of my rifles,  including inexpensive builds, with excellent results and absolutely no problem with any of it.

I prefer it to AE XM193 and buy it whenever it's available at a good price.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
And yet I've shot thousands of rounds of Independence IMI XM193 through several of my rifles,  including inexpensive builds, with excellent results and absolutely no problem with any of it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

hes full of shit.  you are fine.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:37:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It allows me to count out how many rounds I take to the range and shoot each time I go.

I went through 200 rounds of the same ammo yesterday and I have a habit of buying more rounds than I've shot to replace my stock.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

yeah I know.. I passed on all these deals cuz I have 6000 rounds of factory 556 and I have components to reload 6000 more.  that's what happens over 30 years using your theory.  I only shoot rifle matches like twice a year. 

I cant remember,  and im not cracking open my safe to look, but does IMI have plastic ammo holders in the box?
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:42:56 PM EDT
[#17]
The Independence boxed IMI XM193 stuff is loose packed in 20 round cardboard boxes.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Like every rebate ever?
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:53:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The Independence boxed IMI XM193 stuff is loose packed in 20 round cardboard boxes.
View Quote
see im exactly opposite as you.   in the past would take mine out of those boxes.. and put them on stripper clips. Put 480 rounds in a .50 can along with a couple of mags and a couple of spoons. place 1 full box for identification purposes in with it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:57:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Every rebate I've done requires mailing in the UPC.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sorry, but he has a point.

There were several 2016 lots that were very over pressure.

Look at the reviews over on Palmetto State Armory's website.  

The latest reviews are very bad with older ones being great.

IMI used to be my go to,  but the latest problems have me a little worried.  

With that said i just oredered a case from Natchez of Independence M 855 that showed it was from a 2017 lot.

I'm hoping they have corrected their over pressure problems by now.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Every rebate I've done requires mailing in the UPC.
View Quote
I've never done an ammunition rebate before; in fact it doesn't seem like all that long ago that I was scrounging through vendor's  websites trying to find ammo to shoot at any price.

Salad days indeed.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:05:54 PM EDT
[#23]
I spoke to a CS person about this last weekend. She stated that the 500 or 1000 bulk box upc is okay in lieu of the 20 round upcs.

Proceed at your own risk...
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:08:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

With that said i just oredered a case from Natchez of Independence M 855 that showed it was from a 2017 lot.

View Quote
I had similar problems some years ago with a few different lot numbers of  AE XM193 purchased from 3 different vendors, flattened primers and blown primers that jammed up my guns that needed to be mortared to get the primers out and free the actions.

And, oddly, some squids as well.

I was afraid to buy that stuff for a few years.

I posted about it back then in the ammo forum.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:08:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Send the bulk package upc than. Note that there is a digit difference between the 20 vs bulk upc that identifies the bulk quantity...
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:09:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I spoke to a CS person about this last weekend. She stated that the 500 or 1000 bulk box upc is okay in lieu of the 20 round upcs.

Proceed at your own risk...
View Quote
thanks.

That's what I'm going to send in, the 500 round case UPC number.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I had similar problems some years ago with a few different lot numbers of  AE XM193 purchased from 3 different vendors, flattened primers and blown primers that jammed up my guns that needed to be mortared to get the primers out and free the actions.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a bunch of bad LC in 2010. 4 squibs in a case.   shit happens.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:40:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I had a bunch of bad LC in 2010. 4 squibs in a case.   shit happens.
View Quote
Yes it does if you shoot enough for long enough, you get to see all sorts of stuff go wrong from time to time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top