Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2018 12:28:30 AM EDT
Starting the process for the 3rd time. Failed skidpan during EVOC in my first academy at the end of week 22 of 30. Screwed up my Achilles requiring surgery in my 2nd academy; on day 4 no less!! Finally got the all clear from the doc and am giving it one more go. Test taken, results sent, hoping to get chosen for yet another background check. Feels like I have a good handle on the process, but if anyone has any advice (other than don't get hurt or fail an easy driving test) I'm all ears.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 4:11:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Starting the process for the 3rd time. Failed skidpan during EVOC in my first academy at the end of week 22 of 30. Screwed up my Achilles requiring surgery in my 2nd academy; on day 4 no less!! Finally got the all clear from the doc and am giving it one more go. Test taken, results sent, hoping to get chosen for yet another background check. Feels like I have a good handle on the process, but if anyone has any advice (other than don't get hurt or fail an easy driving test) I'm all ears.
View Quote
I'm assuming CHP?

Don't get hurt and fail an easy driving test

Seriously though:

-pace yourself.
-be a team player.
-your application process doesn't end until you are off of probation.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 11:32:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. The pace yourself advice is definitely something I need to take to heart.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top