Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/12/2006 6:36:59 AM EDT
Anyone see the newscast when one of the victim's friend's said: "A lot of people think it is honorable to die fighting for your country, I think it is more honorable dieing for peace."  

What a fool!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:38:29 AM EDT
[#1]
One less vote for Hillary,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:39:05 AM EDT
[#2]
This time next week nobody will remember him anyway.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:39:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn hippies
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:43:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Fook a hippy!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:45:41 AM EDT
[#5]
He got what he deserved. You play with snakes, you will get bit.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:47:40 AM EDT
[#6]
In Before the Arfcom Traitor Apologists.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:51:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Anyone see the newscast when one of the victim's friend's said: "A lot of people think it is honorable to die fighting for your country, I think it is more honorable dieing for peace."  

What a fool!

Wanna start a pool of money to get his friend a plane ticket?  We don't need 'em in Virginia anyways.

-Ben
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:55:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I think it is more honorable to make some other poor dumb son-of-bitch die for peace.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:59:28 AM EDT
[#9]
ehh, a soldier dying fighting for his country IS fighting for peace, I hope.

The big difference is the terms of the peace. That's what makes a soldier's death honorable, and this guys death pointless.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:24:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I feel rather dirty for thinking it, but I almost wish that Fred Phelps would protest the guy's funeral.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:26:37 AM EDT
[#11]
One less idiot in the world.  Now...to get rid of the friend...
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:28:05 AM EDT
[#12]
So when is hippie #2 going to die for "peace" too?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:13:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
ehh, a soldier dying fighting for his country IS fighting for peace, I hope.

The big difference is the terms of the peace. That's what makes a soldier's death honorable, and this guys death pointless.

Good answer.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:17:25 AM EDT
[#14]
I'll add to the other posts...that there are also other ways these damn peace activists can spread their gospel...rather than going to the heart of the struggle where a major percent of the population want to cut you freaking head off.

Many people deep down just wanna die.

Dumbass.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:19:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Peace sells.....but who's buying?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:22:14 AM EDT
[#16]
He may have been an idiot who died for his misguided beliefs, but damnit, he was *OUR* misguided idiot.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:24:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:33:16 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
He may have been an idiot who died for his misguided beliefs, but damnit, he was *OUR* misguided idiot.

From what I hear, he would have taken issue with you in beliving that......

One thing for sure is he stood against, spoke against, work against, what I and many people on this board belive.

So at what point do you accept someone as a traitor to you your family and every thing this country should be standing for?

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:37:12 AM EDT
[#19]
First the chick gets run over by the tractor now, this dude gets tortured and killed.

Dont they realize the arabs really dont give a shit about them and their ideas?

They dont realize they hate and will kill anyone not arab.

The libtards have no idea what they are facing.  These arabs are not the kumbaya type of people that like to play the guitar and hang around the camp fire.

But their arrogance makes these peaceniks think everyone should emulate them and follow their ideas.

Ridiculous, they need to get their heads out of their asses and take in some oxygen.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:37:35 AM EDT
[#20]
I would give this guy the "Timothy Treadwell Award".......assclown
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
First the chick gets run over by the tractor now, this dude gets tortured and killed.

Something ain't right with your post. I ain't telling you what it is, either.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:39:20 AM EDT
[#22]
That dude was dipped in stupid and he paid for it.

ARH

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:43:11 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Something ain't right with your post. I ain't telling you what it is, either.

+1  get edekated on the suject mattir    
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:45:05 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

The libtards have no idea what they are facing.  These arabs are not the kumbaya type of people that like to play the guitar and hang around the camp fire.

But their arrogance makes these peaceniks think everyone should emulate them and follow their ideas.

Ridiculous, they need to get their heads out of their asses and take in some oxygen.

+1

Problem is most people are unwilling to accept the fact that the human heart is evil from day one and you can see that on display every day around the world.

Given a belief system that rewards killing those that don't belive what you do is it any wonder that the results are destructive to those around them.

The dead guy, while he may have called himself a Christian he seemed to have forgotten that and put himself in harms way. Just a surely if I went for a walk in back alleys of SW D.C on a Friday .night and
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:47:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Bully !  

Remember:   .........so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

He loses.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:50:00 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I feel rather dirty for thinking it, but I almost wish that Fred Phelps would protest the guy's funeral.

I wish Fred Phelps would go to Iraq and pull his bullshit over there.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:58:52 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

What a fool!

If he feels so strongly about this, perhaps he should follow in his dead hippie friend's footsteps....
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:05:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wish Fred Phelps would go to Iraq and pull his bullshit over there.

"Get both!"

Damn shame, though.  I hope that the troops can track down the others and rescue them soon.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:37:45 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

What a fool!

The irony is that this guy went over to help Iraqis file grievances against the US for abuses.

And he was killed by the very terrorist scum he went over to protect.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:41:50 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
This time next week nobody will remember him anyway.

Bullsh*t.

Memorials will be erected to him on college campuses across the land. There will be candle-light vigils, rallies, and constant editorials in the newspaper like this:

"I got a sickening feeling reading the Associated Press story, "Flying Gunships’ Return to Iraq" (March 3), about side-firing AC-130 transport planes "armed to perform sustained and precision attack missions."

These bombers will do their deadly work mostly at night ("slower speeds make them more vulnerable in the daytime"), can slowly circle over a target for long periods, and "bristle with a potent arsenal," including 40mm cannon that fire 120 rounds per minute (that’s two per second), and a 105mm howitzer, normally a field artillery weapon.

All of this may sound unintelligible to most of us, but is sure to create nights of sheer terror for the targets of these death machines. For in today’s Iraq, few of these "precision attacks" will avoid killing and crippling innocent children and other noncombatants.

I pray for the day that all people of compassion and faith — especially followers of the Prince of Peace — will recognize that this kind of massive destruction is just plain indefensible and wrong, whether done by suicide bombers on the ground or homicide bombers in the air.

Harvey Yoder"

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:51:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Where is Goonboss?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:53:32 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I laughed at this. Is that wrong?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:54:45 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I doubt a guy like that even voted.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:00:09 AM EDT
[#34]
I didn't hear anything about it, but I hope that someone didn't get killed for simply expressing their beliefs.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:02:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Soldiers fight for freedom.

Even dictators fight for peace.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:08:02 AM EDT
[#36]
i don't think i'm an apologist but i kinda feel sorry for him and his kin. he was a decent christian and thought he was doing the right thing but he was misguided. my feeling is we need peceable people as well as warriors. he was no rachel corrie nor the newest roper supporter, what's-her-name.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:20:53 AM EDT
[#37]
I hope there's no Arfcom protestors at his funeral like the peaceniks who protest at a soldiers funeral.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:36:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Was this guy a Quaker?

I think he was.  Quakers have a very long history of peace.

Yeah, I think he was misguided, but his religion has been all about peace for a lot longer than the term liberal has been around.  I feel sorry for his family.

Maybe his death will discourage other Quakers from dying over there. Hopefully they will realize the true nature of the situation and try to effect a peaceful outcome in another way.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:41:17 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Was this guy a Quaker?

Mennonite.

Mennonites are also largely pacifists.

I can't tell you how many times in school I had kids come up to me (because they knew my family had some preachers in it) and ask me if it really was wrong for them to join the military or become policemen, because their mennonite teachers and preachers told them that participating in any form of violence was a mortal sin against God.

I pointed them to Romans 13:

"1  Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."

Yeah, I think he was misguided, but his religion has been all about peace for a lot longer than the term liberal has been around.  I feel sorry for his family.

Maybe his death will discourage other Quakers from dying over there. Hopefully they will realize the true nature of the situation and try to effect a peaceful outcome in another way.

The only peaceful outcome that can be reached with people who believe murder is a central tennet of their religion is by stopping them. And I don't mean stopping them with kind words. I mean stopping them with the point of a bayonet.

There was a reason why Jesus told His disciples to take a sword with them in Luke 22, and why Paul said that authorities don't bear the sword in vain in Romans 13.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:43:36 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Was this guy a Quaker?

Regardless, he was an asshole working against his country.

I would say most Quakers are honorable. Many have served as medics or litter bearers, and refused to carry arms. But at least they SERVED their country, not like this POS....
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:51:25 AM EDT
[#41]
The news article I read said he was a Quaker.  None the less, I think his religion drove him more than anything else.

I disagreed with him just like I did with those that subverted efforts in the Vietnam war.

However, I suspect or at least I hope that his motives were more due to his religion than far left wing liberalism.  

I don't believe his group will ever understand the kind of people we are fighting over there.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:58:34 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
The news article I read said he was a Quaker.

He went to Eastern Mennonite University, and ordinarily everyone who goes there is Mennonite.

None the less, I think his religion drove him more than anything else.

With most of his breed, their politics drives their religion. Not the other way around.

I live near EMU. Jesus has very little to do with what goes on at that campus.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:03:11 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

What a fool!

Well, he  went to the right place, only these terrorists were willing to oblige him....lucky him...
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:24:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Some people just don't get it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:17:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Anyone have a link to the story?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:37:20 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I doubt a guy like that even voted.

Oh, don't fool yourselves-this guy WILL vote for Hillary next time.  Probably more than once!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:44:37 AM EDT
[#47]
I'll bet his friends blame Bush.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:45:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:20:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Yay!  I died for peace.

.... whatever.

In a year noone but his family will remember him.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:43:24 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted: I think it is more honorable to make some other poor dumb son-of-bitch die for peace.
Oh man, that's great. BTW, where is this country called Peace? Can one move there? Does Peace have an economy? Does Peace have Marines to rescue you when you get kidnapped on vacation?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top