Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2002 7:02:54 PM EDT
Claims Muhammad was a demon-possessed pedophile.  Why is it that "reverends" such as Vines and Falwell are always mentally challenged?  Something in the water they drank as kids?
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 7:09:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 7:22:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 7:23:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Claims Muhammad was a demon-possessed pedophile.  Why is it that "reverends" such as Vines and Falwell are always mentally challenged?  Something in the water they drank as kids?
View Quote

Yes lead.

Have you seen that assclown Jack VanUmpky(sp)
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 7:29:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

How about the old whore with the purple hair and inch thick makeup....I believe she's on The Baptist Network.

She's a hell of a spokeswoman for god.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 7:46:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 7:50:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes lead.

View Quote

Its Dr. Jack Van Impe.
[url]http://www.jvim.com/cgi-bin/update.cgi[/url]

A fairly informative site as to current events and
how they pertain to Bible Prophecy in the news.
[^]
View Quote

So sorry Dr. Van Impe. [puke]

Surely you can't be serious.  This clown flip-flops on issues and chooses the topic of the week to extort money. His quotes, assumptions, spin on the bible and news are misleading to say the least. "Obviously this means that so this means this and and bla bla bla and this is an indication that the world is going to end"

First he supported militias as true Americans. Next week after the OKC bomb he stated he has never supported these groups.  Four or five years ago he had some crap about UN troops and vehicles in the US that were "Obviously" an indication the the world was coming to an end.

You may sense my anger on this issue.  I think these guys that swindle folks in the name of god are lower than reporter and politicians.

RANT OFF [soapbox]

I hope that hot link leads them here so they can read this.  Please note I don't have a problem with religion just these folks that use it to make money.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 8:06:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Stealing in the name of God seems rather risky to me!  If they are, and He really IS then they are in some deep doo doo IMHO.  I think mocking Him is farther than I would ever be willing to go....

Who really cares what Muhammed was?  They are willing to believe what they like about him just as I can believe what I wish about Jesus.  Doesn't justify their murderous acts!  

They wanted a war and I am more than willing to give them one.  This IS a war between two cultures; between civilized people and barbarians, US against Islam.  Sooner we recogize the ugly reality the sooner we can move toward victory.  So far, the biggest engagement has been against American citizens and our Constitution, IMHO.  Until we are rid of Colon (exit) Powell and his ilk, victory can not be had.

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:35:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Using people like Jerry Vines and Jerry Falwell as experts on religious, historical, and moral issues is akin to using a proctologist as an expert witness on nuclear submarines. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:40:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:50:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Very well put, marvl.

the_reject
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:52:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think this happend too often when you mix reverends with for profit media, ESPECIALLY TV.

Throw in a big ornate church building with a huge mortgage to pay, and you got a recipe for disaster.

My $0.02.

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 6:05:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 6:10:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 6:12:53 AM EDT
[#16]
ilikelegs

You probably know more about Dr. Jack I havve only seen him 5 or 6 times.  He does seem to quote things from the bible out of context to support his views.  

Mark Knoffler sings a great song about TV evangelist (Ticket to Heaven)
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 6:15:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
..... unfortunately people can not get beyond the
the people in the Church and focus on the Word.
View Quote

That's the key - the focus needs to be on the Word, and on Christ.

Its my (not so) humble opinion that a statement like Ghandis is a cop-out.

Would they NOT buy a car because someone MISused as a getaway car from a bank robbery??

Course not.

Neither will God cut anyone any slack in rejecting His Word, and His Son, because someone MISused "religion" to accomplish some evil deed.

Guns aren't evil, even tho some MISuse them for murder. CHRISTianity isn't evil becasue SOME MISuse it for greed, or war, or self-aggrandisement.

(NOT intended or directed at you. Just generic comments)

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 6:19:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 6:21:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 6:22:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Neither will God cut anyone any slack in rejecting His Word, and His Son, because someone MISused "religion" to accomplish some evil deed.

View Quote

g-man, with all due respect, it is not any mortal's place to decide who God cuts slack for, who is a Christian, who is going to heaven, etc, etc.

Our great hope is in God's mercy, not God's justice. If we rely on justice, who among us is worthy of heaven?

(in-awe-of-the-Almighty), legrue
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 6:24:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 6:29:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Post from Graves14 -
How about the old whore with the purple hair and inch thick makeup....I believe she's on The Baptist Network.
View Quote

Gee, Graves14, what insight you must have that you know this woman that well as to comment on her personal sexual history.

Remind me to never take your azz seriously again.[:D]

BTW, I don't even know to whom your comment referred, so unless the name of her program is 'The Old Whore's Show' on the Baptist Network, I would suggest that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Eric The(Stunned)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 6:42:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

g-man, with all due respect, it is not any mortal's place to decide who God cuts slack for, who is a Christian, who is going to heaven, etc, etc.
View Quote

I'm NOT MAKING such a judgment. I'm reiterating a principle of God's word. UNLESS you receive Christ as your Saviour (in teh Biblically mandated manner) "you" (generically)  are NOT going to heaven. I'll get you the verses if you like.

I have no way to determine completely who has or hasn't received Christ as Saviour. So I make no such judgment. I'm merely repeating the edict from God's Court of Law. God makes that judgment.

Our great hope is in God's mercy, not God's justice. If we rely on justice, who among us is worthy of heaven?

(in-awe-of-the-Almighty), legrue
View Quote

God's mercy has appeased God's justice.

With the shedding of Christs blood, and the resurrection of Christs body, Christ satisfied God's justice.

Those then who receive Christ embrace God's justice, and praise Him for His mercy.

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 7:06:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 7:34:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Our great hope is in God's [b]Grace[/b] With the shedding of Christs blood and the resurrection
of Christs body, Christ represents God's [b]Grace[/b].

Those then who receive Christ, embrace God's
[b]compasion[/b], and praise Him for His [b]Grace[/b].
[:D]

There, I fixed it. That's what you ment to say, right ?
View Quote

I'm not disagreeing with that, I'm just saying God doesn't CHUCK His justice, and replace it with mercy (grace).

Without justice, mercy (grace) is unnecessary. ONLY by the existence of God's justice, does grace and mercy have any meaning.

God is infinitely just, and yet infinitely merciful to those who have received the mercy (grace) MADE POSSIBLE in  Christ's death and resurrection.

Hey - this is a GREAT discussion!!!!!

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 7:45:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top