Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2004 6:32:43 AM EDT
I know that the general sentiment here is that there's nothing better than good ol' American coffee, ground with your teeth and brewed with water heated by you glarin' at it, but surely there has to be at least one person here who prefers espresso to drip coffee besides me. So, who are you? Do you have a machine or stovetop brewer, or do you spend $8 a day at Starbucks? Triple long macchiato mocha lattecino, or just a straight-up shot?

I have an electric pump machine by Mr. Coffee that works pretty well. It takes pods, too, but the ones that came with it are crap, so I got some Medaglio D'Oro, which is very good, and some Columbian from Giant that I haven't tried yet. Makes a pretty good shot, and steams milk very well, although it's a little hard to foam it. Also, it didn't come with a tamp, you're supposed to use the back of the scoop, and that doesn't work too well.

BTW, I don't see why people call espresso a wussy coffee... it's the third strongest, after Turkish/Greek coffee and the sludge sitting in the bottom of a pot that's been turned on all day.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:34:18 AM EDT
There is no better coffee than black Dunkin' Donuts coffee.

end of discussion.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:39:37 AM EDT
"Kopi Luwak".... Mmmmmmmm! Now that's what I call coffee!

"The Luwak (Paradoxurus hermaphroditus) denizen of the coffee (kopi) plantations of Java, Sumatra, and Sulawesi, eats only the ripest coffee cherries.

Unable to digest the coffee beans the Luwak graciously deposits them on the jungle floor where they are eagerly collected by the locals.

The stomach acids and enzymatic action involved in this unique fermentation process produces the beans for the world’s rarest coffee beverage."

www.ravensbrew.com/NewFiles/kopiluwak.html
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:43:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By LoginName:
[stuff about animal-shit coffee]

Nnnnnnnnnnnooooo thankyew....
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:31:59 AM EDT
So wait... if a cappuccino is traditionally served equal parts espresso, steamed milk, and foamed milk, but a latte is traditionally just 1/3 coffee and 2/3 steamed milk, then why do lattes served in places like Starbucks have foamed milk?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:50:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MagKnightX:
So wait... if a cappuccino is traditionally served equal parts espresso, steamed milk, and foamed milk, but a latte is traditionally just 1/3 coffee and 2/3 steamed milk, then why do lattes served in places like Starbucks have foamed milk?

Answer: do not drink that stuff.

You might as well move in with a guy and get "his and his" monogrammed towels.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:53:38 AM EDT
I tend to lean towards the Highlander Grog myself.
Top Top