Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2002 7:05:27 AM EDT
Apparently, youse guys have recognized South Caolina's CWP and allow carry by South Caollina citizens in your fair state.

From the Grassroots SC organization/.....

[i]Virginia now recognizes South Carolina Concealed Weapon Permits.

Many GrassRoots members reported this.  Philip Van Cleave, President of
Virginia Citizens Defense League (Virginia's version of GrassRoots) wrote
GrassRoots to tell us also.  A GrassRoots staff member called the Virginia
Attorney General's office. They verified that indeed Virginia now does
recognize South Carolina CWP permits in Virginia.  They said a bulletin had
been sent out to all state law enforcement agencies as of 1/27/02.  
GrassRoots did get the person's name in the VA AG office, but they asked that
we not generally publish it.[/i]

You guys are ALL right in my book!!!!!!! Now if i could just remember where I left my book....[BD]

Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:44:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh great...this doesn't mean you'll be coming up here does it? [:D]

So, when are you punks gonna recognize ours????
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:59:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, how about recognizing ours? I would like to take the wife down to Charleston, but I would also like SLED's permission to take my hogleg.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:10:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Sheesh fellas. I just wrote to say "thank you" and I get reamed a new bunghole. [rolleyes]

Yer right - I'm sorry for personally holding this up in the legislature. If it weren't fer me, all you Virginians would be able to carry is SC. [rolleyes]

The usual rules apply here folks.

Write YOUR legislators and pressure them to pressure SC.

YOU write the Gov. of SC and let him know about VA's reciprocity.

Yikes.

Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:10:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes indeed!  Thank you Virginia!  Now I don't have to unload and lock my firearm in the trunk when I am driving from through Virginia from NC on my way to PA.  Now if DC and Maryland could just get their act together it would be a lot better, but I'm not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:20:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I just don't understand GrassRoots.  What good is fighting for changing [i]details[/i] in existing carry laws when you have the proverbial "fox guarding the henhouse" when it come to obtaining a permit.  We've got a rabid anti-gun law enforcement organization (headed by a guy that would fit-in perfectly in Chicago) that has 100% control over the issuance of permits.  The appeals process specified in law only applies if the state police have the guts to deny you rather than just refuse to process the application.

From the last e-mail I received from them, "The primary job of GrassRoots now is to get S.261 passed!"  Well, other than reducing the number of pictures you need to include with the application, S.261 does nothing to make the state police do their job.  It does nothing to make it easier to get a permit.  GrassRoot admits that their #1 goal isn't getting permits issued.  It's helping the elite few who would be helped by, for example, S.261.

Sorry garandman, while I'm happy to hear of any reciprecal agreement between any two states, but I just can't get excited about it.  I do appreciate GrassRoots, and I don't regret paying them for a membership but they don't represent me.z
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:28:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yer right - I'm sorry for personally holding this up in the legislature. If it weren't fer me, all you Virginians would be able to carry is SC.
View Quote

Why are you doing that?

We have several bills on the floor today (to be voted on today)...actually, they may have already voted by now.  Permit recognition/reciprocity is something that Virginia is really improving upon this year.  Hopefully, states lik NC and SC will honor ours (although I'm not holding my breath for SC).
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:28:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Zoom -

My perspective may change once I've had PERSONAL experience with SC CCW issuiance, like you have. For now, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt. I got my NC CCW no problem, and am holding out hope for the same here.

FWIW -

I don't beleive Grassroots SC had ANYTHING to do with the  reciprocity. They just reported the news.

Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:30:49 AM EDT
[#8]
garandman,

When did you move?  I didn't notice until this thread that you were in SC.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:34:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
garandman,

View Quote

Oct. 2000.

I had JUST (6 months earlier) got my NC CCW. Flush $225 down the turlet.

Don't forget - SC has a Demmycrap gov, but were fixin' to rectify that situation.

He DID allow Class 3 to become legal here, so he's not all bad.

But A Demmycrap is still a  Demmycrap - even in SC.

Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:56:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yer right - I'm sorry for personally holding this up in the legislature. If it weren't fer me, all you Virginians would be able to carry is SC. [rolleyes]
View Quote

Shame on you! [:D]
We're too busy pushing for relaxation of our own laws to write SC legiscritters as out-of-staters and get laughed at! Good luck on getting your own permit,BTW. Sounds rough for CCW down there in Secessionland [V]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:06:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Don't hold your breath on NC recognizing anyone elses soon. This keeps getting buried in comitte because of the likes of Basnight. And with Mr Easley on a 6" leash to the board of HCI (whatever they call themselves now) - it's not likely to get signed if by some miracle it did sqeak by the floor.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:09:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
garandman,

View Quote

Oct. 2000.

I had JUST (6 months earlier) got my NC CCW. Flush $225 down the turlet.

Don't forget - SC has a Demmycrap gov, but were fixin' to rectify that situation.

But A Demmycrap is still a  Demmycrap - even in SC.

View Quote

I'm shocked the SC Legislature has not contacted Garandman personally for your input on this important matter...
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 11:46:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
garandman,

View Quote

Oct. 2000.

SC has a Demmycrap gov...

View Quote

!
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#14]
For some reason, when I first saw the header of this thread, I thought it said "Thank you virgins"...
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
For some reason, when I first saw the header of this thread, I thought it said "Thank you virgins"...
View Quote

Put down the bottle of Jack Daniels, and slowly back away from the computer......
[:D]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top