Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2001 5:54:30 PM EDT
Just got my slip in the mail from the IRS saying I'll be getting $300 back from taxes I had paid.

[:D]

I'm so glad I took the time to stroll on over and vote for Bush.

I think I'll buy some ammo... or.. Hmmm... New Sony 19 inch monitor..

Gore... heh.. I would have paid more taxes, had his bitch whore wife censor my music while Gores vice ass buddy would censor video games and then all of them would form a daisy chain and passed more bullshit gun laws.

At least this delays it for 4 years..
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 6:01:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Got my notice today also! [bounce] What to do with the money? Wonder if G&B could give me some ideas [;)]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 6:03:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just got my slip in the mail from the IRS saying I'll be getting $300 back from taxes I had paid.
[:D]
I'm so glad I took the time to stroll on over and vote for Bush.
I think I'll buy some ammo... or.. Hmmm... New Sony 19 inch monitor..
Gore... heh.. I would have paid more taxes, had his bitch whore wife censor my music while Gores vice ass buddy would censor video games and then all of them would form a daisy chain and passed more bullshit gun laws.
At least this delays it for 4 years..
View Quote

Sometimes we get it right.
I was one of the DUNDERHEADS that voted for
Perot. I don't expect anyones forgiveness because I will never forgive myself, EVER.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 6:07:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh come on guys! You can't be that stupid? This tax cut is a joke. That check is a token gift to fool Americans. The Democrats and Republicans will find yet another way to take that money back and more so. Wait until after the 2002 election to see whether or not more money will come like it should.

themao [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 6:07:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Live and Learn Hangfire, live and learn.

At least you weren't one of the truley moronic who voted Buchannan.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 6:38:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 6:39:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Live and Learn Hangfire, live and learn.

At least you weren't one of the truley moronic who voted Buchannan.
View Quote

I voted for Buchannan, but only because I got confused on the ballot and thought I was voting for Bush.

[brown]Evil Jewbroni~[/brown]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 7:24:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Oh come on guys! You can't be that stupid? This tax cut is a joke.
View Quote

I will take the $600 and buy a gun...don't care why they gave it to me and especially don't care what YOU think about it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 8:06:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought the tax cut is an advance for next year's tax's?
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#10]
It is the amount of money over and above the current tax code that was witheld between January 1st and the passing of the new code. As in if your tax rate dropped 3%, you would receive a return of 3% of your salary for the period from January to about June. In addition, you will pay 3% less from now on. That amounts to a raise.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 8:38:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I saw a lady on TV bitching about this tax refund.

Apparently she was not eligible to recieve a refund because she paid no federal income tax last year.

She was very irate and saying how Bush lied, and the refund was a sham, and she thought the refund was for all Americans, and she didn't understand why she wasn't getting her piece of the pie, blah, blah, blah.

Are people getting dumber by the minute or is it just me??
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 8:43:47 PM EDT
[#12]
themao is right. In 2 years we will see if Bush can keep his promise to cut taxes.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 8:44:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I am the stupid one. I told my wife about our $600 dollar check that was comming and she didn't know what I was talking about.

Damn, I could have bought one last gun before our son is born!
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 8:47:42 PM EDT
[#14]
found out im getting 600 thats the pos about being married.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 8:49:04 PM EDT
[#15]
For everyone who thinks the tax refund is a joke or insult, I'll be glad to take it off your hands.  Just e-mail me and I'll give you my address to mail it to.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 9:18:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I saw a lady on TV bitching about this tax refund.

Apparently she was not eligible to recieve a refund because she paid no federal income tax last year.

She was very irate and saying how Bush lied, and the refund was a sham, and she thought the refund was for all Americans, and she didn't understand why she wasn't getting her piece of the pie, blah, blah, blah.

Are people getting dumber by the minute or is it just me??
View Quote
You must've been watching Channel 4, too.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 9:31:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 9:45:46 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't get a refund,I was laid off last year and didn't file this year.(didn;t make any money[:D]so, no point in filing. If I would have known......)I think I will take the three hundered dollars I would have got and send it to Gun owners of America.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 9:56:40 PM EDT
[#19]
You must've been watching Channel 4, too

Yes, I was.[:)] Man that lady pissed me off.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 10:00:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Ok dumb question: How you do the bold quotations thingy? Obviously I cannot.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 10:24:53 PM EDT
[#21]
What cracks my ass up is this...

How much of our tax paying dollars went to pay for this massive mailing just to tell us how much money we're getting and when.  

I also have one thing to say to all the liberals out there that wanted to let the feds spend OUR money on more worthless gov't programs...  YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO CASH YOUR FUCKING CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I however, am going to add my 300 bucks to the GT Zaskar Race fund.  I need a new mountain bike by the end of the summer [:D]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 11:06:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you mean this, then all you have to do is point your mouse to the top of the message you want to quote and click on the icon that looks like a page with a purple arrow curving around it.  If you pause your pointer over it before clicking a little hint will pop up that says "Reply w/ Quote".  It took me a while to figure it our too.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 11:11:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

This isn't a dumb question. But here's an answer,when you go to "New Reply", Click on Board Code in the lower left of the screen(Red Highlite) this will give you instructions on how to do bold type,colors etc. Click on "Icon Legend" and "Anim Legend" for the smiley icons. [size=6]HAVE FUN!![/size=6][:D]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 11:41:14 PM EDT
[#24]
I was like Door Kicker:

ME:  "Because of the tax cuts we'll get a rebate of $600!"

WIFE:  "Great, that means we can finish landscaping the backyard!"

(long pause as I go around the corner)

ME:  "DOH!"

$300-600 perfamily may not sound like much but it adds up to $38 BILLION injected back into the economy.  And the best part?  WE get to decide where that money is spent, NOT THE GOVERNMENT.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 12:34:38 AM EDT
[#25]
If your single, you get $300 or %5 of your income back, whichever is less. I get a whopping $60 back. How come I didn't hear about this in the news. Oh well, better than nothing. I think I'll get one of those 200 rnd Sellior & Belliot 12 gauge 2 3/4 "00" buck shotshell cases.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 2:43:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Not to rain on anyones parade but I got my slip saying I was to receive $600.
Then, I'm notified that I will [b]NOT[/b], but will more likely get a lower amount.
And my first paycheck under the latest Tax codes,
Was [b]LESS[/b] than it was prior. TAX CUT,HAHA.

OH-WELL I guess it's worth it since we don't have Woody Bore as Pres.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 3:26:30 AM EDT
[#27]
we file married filing seperate and we both got slips saying 300 each. better than nothing.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 3:40:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

If you mean this, then all you have to do is point your mouse to the top of the message you want to quote and click on the icon that looks like a page with a purple arrow curving around it.  If you pause your pointer over it before clicking a little hint will pop up that says "Reply w/ Quote".  It took me a while to figure it our too.
View Quote

Sweet.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 4:55:35 AM EDT
[#29]
we didnt get jack! because i went to school on there money bla, bla, bla. rephrase this; we
didnt get one because of education credts plus
child care credit's were higher over taxable
income, still. BLA, BLA, BLA.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 5:13:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 6:10:51 AM EDT
[#31]
My tax rebate just purchased a new SAR-2 and 500rnds of ammo. BUY MORE GUNS!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top