Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 10/10/2005 12:20:29 PM EDT
For my upgraded 6MB/sec download speed. Nice free upgrade from the 4MB.

<-- me   Comcast dudes--->
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 12:34:32 PM EDT

alltel sucks
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 12:43:18 PM EDT
Haven't seen anything close to 6Mbps. Not to mention the terrible latency makes multiplayer gaming unplayable.

Just dumped the bastards.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 12:46:29 PM EDT
I give you a month before your service starts to get slower and slower and then randomly cut out and for you to call them and talk to people who sound pissed when you call them, even more pissed when you have the balls to show any knowledge outside of them, and even more pissed when you don't understand something they tell you.

Then they will get really really pissed off when you have called them 5 times saying its down, while they lie through their fucking teeth and say everything to your modem is fine it must be you computer.

Then get even more pissy when you say you have hooked 4 different computers up directly to the modem and every computer has the same problems.

Then they will send out a tech, who will be there when you are not and get your non-technical mom and he will say its the ONE computers fault because its not de-fragged.

Then they will still give you the same fucking bullshit that their network is perfect and the line is fine and it must be the computer even though you have hooked up 4 computers to it and had the same problem and one is even running Knoppix Linux so it has not spyware or any other mother fucking shit on it to make Comcrash's shitty ass ball sucking signal go to hell.

FUCK COMCRASH!  FUCK THEM TO HELL !!!  THEY CAN EAT MY SHIT AND FUCKING DIE!!!!!!

Did I mention I'm getting a Fiber line installed next Wednesday?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 12:54:23 PM EDT

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 12:56:22 PM EDT
what's the fastest residential speeds companies offer now? I have charter and I can only get 3MB by me.  it's more then fast enough for me though.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 12:58:31 PM EDT
Comcast:  When morse code is just too reliable.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 12:59:29 PM EDT
I can't complain about Comcast.  It's better than dial up
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:08:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/10/2005 1:08:22 PM EDT by mjohn3006]

Originally Posted By go3:
Comcast:  When morse code is just too reliable.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:10:05 PM EDT
I have comcast and I have zero complaints. In fact they have been the best ISP I've ever used. Very fast speeds, 4+ mbps, practically 100% uptime, etc.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:10:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By deej86:
I can't can complain about Comcast.  It's better worse than dial up a rectal exam by a blind man with a butcher knife.

Fixed it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:11:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Luxan:
what's the fastest residential speeds companies offer now? I have charter and I can only get 3MB by me.  it's more then fast enough for me though.

I believe Verizon has certain FiOS service that allows up to 30Mb/s symetrical.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:12:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mjohn3006:

Originally Posted By deej86:
I can't can complain about Comcast.  It's better worse than dial up a rectal exam by a blind man with a butcher knife.

Fixed it.

Oooookay, if you say so.  YMMV.

I've never had a rectal exam by a blind man with a butcher knife, so I can't compare that.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:14:10 PM EDT

Comcrash has a wonderful program where they provide you detailed instructions on how to apply a 37 cent stamp to an envelope.  Because it is the only way Comcrash can deliver mail is to use the Post Office.

BTW  They provide this helpful instructional service for a mere $75 a month.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:18:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By QuantumPion:
I have comcast and I have zero complaints. In fact they have been the best ISP I've ever used. Very fast speeds, 4+ mbps, practically 100% uptime, etc.

+1
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:22:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/10/2005 1:23:42 PM EDT by mjohn3006]
And if you are getting tired of the rants, try having your mother(who is not a weak woman emotionaly) call you in tears because she has no internet, has not for a couple days(she needs it for her business), has spent hours on the phone and just has a helpfull service person not only yell at her repeateadly but then hang up on her. Then you call for answers and all you get is some pissy woman asking 5 times if you defragged the computer.

Their service sucks!
Their customer service sucks!
And if I could get my hands on the bastard that made my mother cry I would beat him within an inch of his life and then make him healthy just so I could beat him again.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:24:17 PM EDT
I hear people complaining about it all the time. I managed a site with 4 comcast BUSINESS T-1s and they could not keep them online to save their lives! Outages that lasted seconds to hours with no notification or contact. We were calling them all the time. One call they even started yelling at their techs in the backround to plug those cables back in because they were live! DUH! Inexperienced dolts. Will NEVER reccommend them to anyone. Will never say a good thing of them. We have had some T-1s go down for more than 24 hours. Sometimes it was all of them, sometimes it was not. Occasionally they would just start running slower or they would have routing issues. Even have had experiences where none of our packets could leave their network. Dumb dumb dumb. Never had these problems with UUNET, Sprint, Verizon or others.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:27:32 PM EDT

And if you are getting tired of the rants, try having your mother(who is not a weak woman emotionaly) call you in tears because she has no internet, has not for a couple days(she needs it for her business), has spent hours on the phone and just has a helpfull service person not only yell at her repeateadly but then hang up on her. Then you call for answers and all you get is some pissy woman asking 5 times if you defragged the computer.

Their service sucks!
Their customer service sucks!
And if I could get my hands on the bastard that made my mother cry I would beat him within an inch of his life and then make him healthy just so I could beat him again.

Total red herring. BS. I have heard them say the same thing. Funny, no other ISPs have ever instructed me to do so. If your hard drive is that fragmented then you're going to be suffering bigger problems than slow internet.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:28:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By newracer:

+1

+2
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:47:04 PM EDT
Wow, where i the world do you guys live, I get 4.5 meg downloads for over a year with zero probs from comcast. Much faster than our sbc t1's at my work
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:57:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 69CougarXR7:

+1

+2

Maybe its a Maryland Comcrash thing.  I hear horror story after horror story after I give my own horror story with Maryland Comcrash.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:55:47 PM EDT
bump
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:57:46 PM EDT

Maybe its a Maryland Comcrash thing.  I hear horror story after horror story after I give my own horror story with Maryland Comcrash.

Definitely not, the Comcrap Monopoly sucks no matter where you go.

They are way too big. They should be broken up or shut down.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:59:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By purplecheese:

I believe Verizon has certain FiOS service that allows up to 30Mb/s symetrical.

I haven't seen them offer 30Mb/s symetrical.   I've seen 30d2u and 15d/2u
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:20:34 PM EDT
I have ZERO complaints about Comcast... Other than the high price.
I've had 100% reliable service with ZERO downtime in the 2 years I've had them.

Here's a speed test I just did minutes ago at:  www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

Last Result:
Download Speed: 8177 kbps (1022.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 701 kbps (87.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:25:12 PM EDT
Well, since I finally got them to run a new coax from the box to my house, my Comcast service hasn't had an outage, and my connection speed has been about 3.3mbaud.

So, they're speeding it up you say?  Excellent!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:31:22 PM EDT
Verizon's FiOS is a wolf in sheep's clothing.  Telecom has been trying to bust into the entertainment biz for a LONG time. The fiber service uses 1% of the bandwidth for internet connectivity. Over also comes vioce service (takes even less bandwidth) and then in the future will be the video service. The boxes they install are already setup for the video service when it comes online. I wish they would allow 100% use of it for data traffic. Think, gigs of symetrical bandwidth.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:41:36 PM EDT
Having a help-desk support person for an ISP suggest that defragging my hard drive will fix a connection problem demonstrates that said tech knows absolutely nothing about networks, and that the checklist said tech is reading from needs to be revamped.

Here's a clue. Connectivity issues will never be fixed by defragging a hard drive. It's either a hardware problem (either end), something wrong with the configuration of the OS, or a spyware/virus issue.

The one time I had to call tech support, I had the IP address for my machine wrong, and it took all of 30 seconds to diagnose that, and less than 5 seconds to fix.

I've been lucky so far, in that my connections have never gone down. When I first got comcast, I had a terrible latency problem (nothing under 90ms), but switching to DSL fixed that.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:58:24 PM EDT

+1

+2

+3

They're not perfect, and I wish they were cheaper, but overall it's been very reliable. And fast. I'm getting over 5 Mbps downloads.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:10:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:07:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:11:28 PM EDT
Slacker.

Verizon Fios 15mb/Sec.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:37:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/10/2005 8:39:01 PM EDT by _disconnector_]

Yep, I'm sure that the .gov would run it better

I've NEVER had an outage in 4 years of use except for when my power is out.

If the lights are on, the cable is up.  It's so good that I've switched my phone service over to VoIP . . .no long distance charges EVER.

PLus, I get sub 20ms pings to my fave SOFII boards . . . OBC's WASTELAND rocks.

Disconnector
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:02:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By _disconnector_:

Yep, I'm sure that the .gov would run it better

I've NEVER had an outage in 4 years of use except for when my power is out.

If the lights are on, the cable is up.  It's so good that I've switched my phone service over to VoIP . . .no long distance charges EVER.

PLus, I get sub 20ms pings to my fave SOFII boards . . . OBC's WASTELAND rocks.

Disconnector

Who do you use for VOIP? How's sound quality?

Top Top