Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2006 9:04:05 PM EDT
This evening really sucked shit for me. I went to the local Wally World for some groceries (no ammo), since I don't have my CHL yet I left my SIG 229 in the center console. I know big mistake to leave it in the car.

Anyway long story short........Some asshat, faggot, motherless Bastard broke my window rifled through my truck and stole my SIG. I called the PD and filed a report, they pulled the video from the parking lot and identified 2 Hispanic males breaking into my truck. It even shows one of them finger fucking my gun.

Be on the lookout for mySIG. It's a 2 tone 229 with my initials engraved in the mag well.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:08:16 PM EDT
[#1]
What are your initials and which part of Texas are you in?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:09:21 PM EDT
[#2]
SATX NFK
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:09:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Fucking shame, I hope they get it back in one piece for you man
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:10:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:10:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Which Walmart were you at?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:11:48 PM EDT
[#6]
sorry to hear it man.

They are just hard workers taking the jobs normal Americans won't though
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:14:55 PM EDT
[#7]
does it show if they just picked your car at random, or were they watching you and saw you put the gun in the console?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:17:29 PM EDT
[#8]
NB, They hit quite a few cars within an hour. The PD thinks they worked in teams.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#9]
So basically, the chl law made sure that a gun would be unattended making it easier for a criminal to steal it...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#10]
It wasn't very smart on my part, but being partially disabled and unable to fight my way out of a wet paper bag right now kind of convinced me not to leave home without it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn, damn, damn. I am sorry to hear that.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
sorry to hear it man.

Breaking into cars that americans won't
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:26:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Jesus dude, that sucks.

wait, Jesus (hey-zeus) might be the one that stole it.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:30:51 PM EDT
[#14]
which walmart?

i've been broken into 3 times on the north side.  san antonio is ridden with hordes of illegals who are just itching to steal from you.  at one place i worked at, they hit the employee's cars...  we watched the security camera video, and i was amazed to see how fast they can clean out a car...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:36:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
which walmart?

i've been broken into 3 times on the north side.  san antonio is ridden with hordes of illegals who are just itching to steal from you.  at one place i worked at, they hit the employee's cars...  we watched the security camera video, and i was amazed to see how fast they can clean out a car...

Professionals.... I bet they have tons of cars under their belt, so they know where things are hidden.....and to look.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:43:12 PM EDT
[#16]
<edited because it was just mean, Im not a mean guy>
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:45:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Yep, and I hear they are working their way up to Washington State.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:46:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I've lived in Texas courtesy of Uncle Sam for just over 3 years now, and in those 3 years, have had my vehicle broken into/vandalized 5 times. I will not regret in the slightest seeing Texas in my rearview mirror when my sentence time is finally up.

Unfortunately no security camera available where I've been broken into, so I can't say what the ethnicity was, and I will not stereotype and point suggestive fingers, but I can entertain my own thoughts.... Cost me well over $1000 to pay for repairs to the damage caused.

By the way, Texas insurance companies do not have window replacement policies. It's a statewide thing. I guess the glass shops also own the pawn shops where the stuff ends up.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:46:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Sorry to hear that. We had a shop broken into and  a lot of tools and an air compressor stolen about 2 weeks ago. My uncle had his car trailer stolen the same nite.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:55:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Yep, and I hear they are working their way up to Washington State.

Send them to cAVvETS HOUSE...HIS sHIznIT IS dABomB
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:09:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Which Walmart were you at?

+1
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:10:57 PM EDT
[#22]
NB
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:16:18 PM EDT
[#23]
new braunfels?  i'm suprised they're hitting this far up north now.  i guess it figures - they've been working the stone oak area for a few years now.  i guess it was time for them to move up even further north
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:06:48 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
This evening really sucked shit for me. I went to the local Wally World for some groceries (no ammo), since I don't have my CHL yet I left my SIG 229 in the center console. I know big mistake to leave it in the car.

Hope a toddler doesn't get shot with your weapon when it gets used in a drive-by.

I really hate safety nazis. I hate being a safety nazi even more. But, this is what I warn people about when the topic of "Truck Guns" and "Trunk Guns" comes up every few months.

It only takes once.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:13:36 AM EDT
[#25]
That fucking sucks. Sorry dude
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:27:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Sorry, guy. That really sucks.

Mind if I ask what kind of vehicle it was?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:29:50 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
sorry to hear it man.

How about taking guns normals Americas wont?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:31:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Hey, it could be worse.

If it happened here you would be in jail for having the gun in your car.

F*cking illegals. Wherever they are, robberies, burglaries, and car thefts go way up.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:31:32 AM EDT
[#29]
LoL
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:29:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Lived in Texas all my life, only had my car broken into once and that was when the window motor died in the down position and I covered it with plastic sheeting and duct tape until I could get it replaced. Bastard ripped it open, let himself into MY car.

I didn't notice anything missing, even the change was still in the tray. But the visor was down, the glove box open and its contents spilled out and everything under the seats had been pulled out. Fucker took nothing but he was looking for something specific, likely a handgun or spare key. No idea who it was but I suspect one of the black wannabe thugs that hang out on campus. They broke into a bunch of rooms and stole appliances before security cameras were installed and everyone on campus hates them, the rest of the black population especially because they view the thugs hip-hop BS, "for rizzle mah nigga", and the constant theft and substance abuse to be an insult to their entire race. It's a wonder more of them haven't had the shit beat out of them yet.

My reputation usually keeps people from screwing with me. I fall into the "mostly harmless" category, but whenever someone tries to start something with me, inevitably one of his buddies or a bystander says "dude, that's the guy with the knives/the AK-47/who dyed the one guy purple and it lasted for over a month." I've ended large-scale prank wars and kept them from escalating merely by starting a rumor that I joined one side or the other. As soon as they hear that I got involved, everyone quits. I am legendary for my prowess as a practical jokester and nobody wants to be on my bad side because of it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:56:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:36:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:28:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I really hate safety nazis. I hate being a safety nazi even more. But, this is what I warn people about when the topic of "Truck Guns" and "Trunk Guns" comes up every few months.

It only takes once.

i use two seperate cable locks attached to the frame under a seat to secure one of my rifles/shotguns ifg i'm carrying a firearm in the vehicle.  it won't stop a theif, but it will definately slow them down.  they'd need a hacksaw or a set of bolt cutters to get the gun.

...but i refuse to have a trunk gun if i know i won't be able to keep an eye on my vehicle.  it just makes me too nervous.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top