Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2001 4:55:07 PM EDT

A Texan dies and is sent to hell. He was a horrible man throughout life and the devil really wanted to punish him,
so he puts him to work breaking up rocks with a sledgehammer. To make it worse he cranks up the
temperature and the humidity.
After a couple of days the Devil checks in on his
victim to see if he is suffering adequately. The Devil is aghast as he looks at the Texan happily swinging his hammer and whistling a happy tune. The Devil walks up to him and says, "I don't understand this. I've turned the heat way up, it's humid, you're crushing rocks,
why are you so happy?" The Texan, smiling looks at the Devil replying, "This is great, it reminds me of August in Texas. Hot, humid, a good piece of work to do - it reminds me of home.  This is fantastic!"
The Devil, perplexed, walks away to ponder this. He decides to change things up a bit-drops the temperature, sends down driving rain and torrential wind.  Soon, hell is a wet, muddy mess.
The Texan is happily slogging through the mud pushing a wheelbarrow full of crushed rocks.  Again, the Devil asks how he can be happy in such conditions.  The Texan replies, "This is great. Just like April in Texas. Reminds me of working out in the fields with spring plantin'!"
The Devil is now completely baffled. In desperation, he tries one last ditch effort. He makes the temperature
plummet. Hell is blanketed in snow and ice.  Confident that this will do it, the Devil checks in on the Texan. He is aghast as he sees the Texan dancing, singing, and twirling his sledgehammer as he cavorts in glee.  
"How can you be so happy? Don't you know its 40 below zero!?" screams the Devil.
"Hell's frozen over!" replies the Texan, "The Cowboys must have won the Super Bowl !!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top