Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/29/2005 8:51:31 PM EDT
I'm pretty pumped. Just found out that I'll be starting the Police Academy on August 22. I took the written test in May, that same day I took the physical agility test. Since I was from out of state the Oral interview was scheduled for the same day also. The background was started the following week and lasted one month. Two weeks ago I meet with the Chief and was given a conditional offer. The next day I had a Doctor physical,a polygraph and took the pshycological{sp}Got the call today!!! I'm In!!!
This was my first time trying for a PD job, worked out great seeing I just closed on my new house in VA two days ago!!!

Another one that "Escaped From NY"
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 11:05:26 PM EDT
congrats! my orintation day is august 16th at 9am cst. the actual academy starts in september I cant wait!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 4:51:20 AM EDT
welcome to Va

Now you can have a 30 round AR Mag and enjoy the time here. May I ask what agency??? If you dont want to post it on the board I understand you can IM me if you wnat. I just started my career myself as well.

DRUFF
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:16:58 AM EDT
Lucky you, I have been in the "process" for a police job since December 04'. The waits between tests and interviews has been excrutiating. I am almost there though, I think they just like to see how bad you want the job and how long you hang in there. Here is what I have done so far:

Application: Dec 6 04
Written test: Jan 25 05 passed , no miltary, ranked in the top ten out of approx 800
Physical agility: May 6 05 passed
Initial interview with detective: May 19 05
Home vist by detective: May 30 05
Polygraph test: June 6 05
Oral board interview: July 26 05

As far as I know if I move on after the interview there is a Psychological test then a drug test and a doctors physical. Is it over yet? I do really want this job and I will hang in there. I am jealous of your speedy process. SO CONGRATS on your getting the job!!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:09:51 AM EDT
Congrats! But, I've got ya beat by 2 months! Physical Agility and written started the process on June 25th. Background Interview, Poly and Psych two weeks later. Oral and Med Exam 1 week after that. Got the call this last Thursday the 28th that I start the academy Aug. 29th!

This was my first attempt at a paying job and the only department I applied with. A complete change of career for me and I can't wait! House in CA is sold and the new house is being built in a free state. Now I just need to get moving (literally).
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:41:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AmeRican15:
Congrats! But, I've got ya beat by 2 months! Physical Agility and written started the process on June 25th. Background Interview, Poly and Psych two weeks later. Oral and Med Exam 1 week after that. Got the call this last Thursday the 28th that I start the academy Aug. 29th!

This was my first attempt at a paying job and the only department I applied with. A complete change of career for me and I can't wait! House in CA is sold and the new house is being built in a free state. Now I just need to get moving (literally).

good for you!!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:22:03 PM EDT
Congrats, lead. That's about how long I took. Test late March, started the Academy Sept. That was in 2001. Since I had just seperated from the AF in June, I'm lucky I didn't get reactivated or I would've had a much later start in my current career.
Top Top