Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 8:17:28 AM EDT
FoxNews is reporting:

Terrorists targeting TransAlaska Oil Pipeline and the tanker facilities at Valdeez. They are being told to riddle the pipeline with bulletholes and set explosive charges along it.

Bastards!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:19:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Desperation is a stinky cologne.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:23:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Shit, they better change out the towel with a blanket. I cant see someone from the Middle East faring too well in Alaska.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:27:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Thousands of miles of pipeline that is completely undefended within a country that allows anyone in. Seems like an easy mission.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:36:13 AM EDT
[#4]
A month after 9/11, a drunken hunter put a .338 winmag round into the pipeline, causing a huge spill.  Some Canadian dude was caught before he bombed the pipeline.  He had some scheme to speculate in oil futures, bomb the pipeline, and score a profit when prices jumped (I doubt they would have risen significantly from news the pipeline was bombed).

During the Gulf War, there were worries Saddam would order terrorist attacks in the US against military bases and in AK, the pipeline.  The local paper helpfully ran front page stories detailing the Pipeline's security and most vulnerable points
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:40:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
A month after 9/11, a drunken hunter put a .338 winmag round into the pipeline, causing a huge spill.  Some Canadian dude was caught before he bombed the pipeline.  He had some scheme to speculate in oil futures, bomb the pipeline, and score a profit when prices jumped (I doubt they would have risen significantly from news the pipeline was bombed).

During the Gulf War, there were worries Saddam would order terrorist attacks in the US against military bases and in AK, the pipeline.  The local paper helpfully ran front page stories detailing the Pipeline's security and most vulnerable points

raven, you live in Alaska.

If you see any Islamic terrorists - shoot 'em.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:42:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thousands of miles of pipeline that is completely undefended within a country that allows anyone in. Seems like an easy mission.

Never been to Alaska have you?

The pipeline funds every Alaskan native to the tune of thousands of dollars every year.  They think "gun control" means a good bear gun.  I pity the poor bastard that tries to hurt the TAP.

BTW: it's only 800 miles to PB to Valdez; pipeline will be a little longer, but not "thousands of miles".

Merlin
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:05:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
BTW: it's only 800 miles to PB to Valdez; pipeline will be a little longer, but not "thousands of miles".

I'm a moron. TransAlaska pipeline. I thought that it dipped into Canada.

Never mind.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:51:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Shit, they better change out the towel with a blanket. I cant see someone from the Middle East faring too well in Alaska.

A few days ago I heard there was a rucuss about a few Arab types sitting on a mountain over looking the Coast Guard base with cameras with Telephoto lenses not pads and assorted stuff . From what I heard they are just some of the movie crew scouting locations for the movie .
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:35:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Never mind.

Not really, AK is pretty darn big.  If you were able to put the east end of AK on Savahanna(sp) GA, the west end would be right at LA!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:40:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:42:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:56:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Never mind.

Not really, AK is pretty darn big.  If you were able to put the east end of AK on Savahanna(sp) GA, the west end would be right at LA!

Savahanna??????????????

It's Savannah.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Never mind.

Savahanna??????????????

It's Savannah.

Hey!  No points, I had the little (sp) there!  One extra a and the h is in the wrong place, woopie do.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:13:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A few days ago I heard there was a rucuss about a few Arab types sitting on a mountain over looking the Coast Guard base with cameras with Telephoto lenses not pads and assorted stuff . From what I heard they are just some of the movie crew scouting locations for the movie .

Yeah, I am sure that is what they were.
Movies about Alaska are HUGE in Egypt.

Nope turns out the bonifides where legit . They are scouting locations for the Cosnter/Kutchner USCG movie they are filming part of up here .
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:16:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

+1

Remember 9/11 was also easy. Send 5 guys to flight training and teach 14 others hand to hand combat.  Not exactly rocket science.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:22:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:38:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Most of us realize that it's a matter of when and not if they'll hit us again. It's very easy to strike in an open society. Maybe after the next one the liberals will realize that "profiling"and other preventative tools are needed. Short of knowing where and when you just have to be as prepared as you can and hope you don't get caught in the initial event.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#18]
338 Win Mag trumps 762 x 39 in the Arctic.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:47:12 PM EDT
[#19]
They don't even need to come over here to do it!  They can take it out from Siberia with a .50BMG!

Jeez, surprised I'm the first one who thought of this...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top