Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2001 10:16:41 AM EDT
Yes, another thread on the plain bombings.

As bad as these attacks are, wouldn't they have caused more dammage if they hit Nuclear Power Plants?

I know there are more than just Three Mile Island. Aren't there a few in California? That would suck sweat off of a midget's nuts! (Understatement!)

There have been 3 shootings where my cousins live and with this happening everything just seems like things just aren't right. (This has nothing to do with gun laws. People are just as violent whithout guns.)

What is worrying me now is that I heard that two plains have disappeared. I don't think it's over yet. Anyone know anyting more? Many news websies are down and/or not up to date. Check out http://www.bourque.org/ which is a Canadian news site if you can't get throught anywhere else.

I hope the correct group of people are found and dropped into a mild acid until dead. You don't kill US military and innocent people and get away with it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:23:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I hit the reply button a little quick there. I guess the point is that this could have been made a lot worse than what it has been if they had hit our nuclear power plants. Maybe putting anti-aircraft batteries on them would be a good idea.

I know that people would just find another way to attack, but why leave the front door open just because someone could come onto the window?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:31:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Crashing an airliner into a nuke plant would not result in something like a Hiroshima blast.  

Those reactors are covered by THICK concrete domes that are designed to withstand earthquakes.  The plant would be shut down, but it's unlikely that there would be a serious release of radiation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top